Jack Monroe #553 Fairytale of No Pork

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not a celebrity and I don't get to stay in posh hotels, but I've stayed in a lot of hotels while travelling for work šŸ‰ and I have *never* seen a hotel minibar stocked with that much stuff, alcoholic or not. Fool.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you begged any hotel to remove alcohol from the mini bar for reasons, you'd open it to find one each of still and sparkling water, diet and regular cola, and tonic water.

Reactions: 27
Well said. Just a thought though ā€¦ if itā€™s publicising something youā€™re selling in order to increase sales (eg Hay had Susie Dent publicising her new book and it was flying off the shelves in the Festival shop, as were her preceding books) whatā€™s the deal?
Yeah, if you're plugging something then it's even harder to get paid decently. Book promo stuff generally pays tit, even if you're a big name. What guest is talking about is corporate bookings and events where you're there for who you are or what you know, rather than trying to flog something.
---
Of course people should be compensated fairly for their time and expertise, and I apologise if my post implied otherwise. However, we know guest does the absolute bare minimum, doesn't prepare, frequently turns up late (if she deigns to show her face at all), spends (at most) an hour banging on about herself, thinks it appropriate to tell her audience that she's doing her engagements on 3 hours' sleep because she's been "sober raving" the night before, and is generally an unprofessional pain in the arse for event organisers. I'll never not find it objectionable that she's stealing a living from people who actually put the effort in.

The main point I was trying to make was her slippery disingenuity - acting like she's a poor naive urchin who has no idea what her fees are and just gratefully accepts whatever meagre sum she's offered, when just a few months previously she'd done that huge Billy-big-bollocks thread about her hardline negotiating skills.

(Sorry if I'm not making sense, I'm EXHAUSTED from putting up my tree and am now around 3 drinks in)
100% agree dear BSlops. She knows how to make a living from her lies. But it is also true that you might not get what you ask for - that's why you have an agent to do it for you, and to say no on your behalf when people take the piss

Reactions: 24
Iā€™m belaboring this point now, I know. But Teen Jack models her lewk on ā€œpsephologistā€ Courtney Love and continues to be a REBEL at 23 when she ā€œdiscards her birth nameā€, via a brief foray into the ā€œs*x industryā€ (why the * in SEX?), other errrā€¦ ā€œartistic pursuitsā€, and minimum wage labourView attachment 2620021
Yet by age 24 models herself on Anne Diamond.
View attachment 2620026
And by 25, pride of the WI Jack instead models her lewk on ā€œvision of elegance, fragrance and radianceā€ Mary Archer. View attachment 2619994 And at 26 is terrified of YOUNGSTERS in states of undress.

View attachment 2619996
View attachment 2620003Thanks to @Marmalade Atkins for the ss, including the one of Teen Courtney Love Tammy Girl Baby Spice right there.

ETA: Yeah, youā€™re really rocking that androgynous lewk skinhead and trousers there, Teen Tammy Girl Courtney Love Baby Spice Jack! āœ…
View attachment 2620009
Obsessed with Hole? Sorry, Jack, whatā€™s that? Hole? Nope, means nothing to me. ā€™Holeā€™ indeed. Iā€™ve never heard such rubbā€¦. Oh, Courtney Loveā€™s band, Hole. Well, why didnā€™t you say so. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
PS Jack, see that mark on the screen after the ā€˜eā€™ of Love, just before the ā€˜sā€™? Itā€™s an apostrophe. Please look it up. šŸ™

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Obsessed with Hole? Sorry, Jack, whatā€™s that? Hole? Nope, means nothing to me. ā€™Holeā€™ indeed. Iā€™ve never heard such rubbā€¦. Oh, Courtney Loveā€™s band, Hole. Well, why didnā€™t you say so. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
PS Jack, see that mark on the screen after the ā€˜eā€™ of Love, just before the ā€˜sā€™? Itā€™s an apostrophe. Please look it up. šŸ™
I have a feeling the only Hole (Courtney Love's band) songs Jack knows would be Malibu and Celebrity Skin. The album they had to get Billy Corgin to help with because the four of them couldn't write a song good enough to record. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 20
This has made me immeasurably sad and the writing is so on point. It also made me angry that this grifting parasite tries to write in such a way about her bleeping lies and she can duck off. Self centred little bleep.

My sister was killed at Epsom College. These are my letters to her

• Sad
  • Heart
I heard Big Billy C provided the occasional burger as part of the assistance package, what a helpful man.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I just want to know how she (carefully!) wedged a discman into her pocket. Another ridiculous lieā€¦. Did she borrow Big Ds pantaloons to listen to Courtney Loves band?

• Haha
I just want to know how she (carefully!) wedged a discman into her pocket. Another ridiculous lieā€¦. Did she borrow Big Ds pantaloons to listen to Courtney Loves band?
How dare you, a smol pixie doesnā€™t have a normal, chunky discman like regular sized people, it was a ā€œlittle discmanā€, one of those special tiny ones only ickle wickle fragile girls with crumbly shoulders have.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
How dare you, a smol pixie doesnā€™t have a normal, chunky discman like regular sized people, it was a ā€œlittle discmanā€, one of those special tiny ones only ickle wickle fragile girls with crumbly shoulders have.
Everyone knows smol pixies have smol discmans and smol heads.

1702153459038.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Lovely to see the continued use of her name as an equivalence for shadiness. The door is firmly closed and bolted, Guset. I wouldnā€™t even bother knocking cos you canā€™t come back in.

IMG_0966.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Wait hold on, are we looking at day two of her Kruger wotsit photo shoot outfit? Like,

View attachment 2619849

<unspecified length of time, but enough for the curls to fall out and the makeup to sort of... spread>

View attachment 2619850
Spookily, I am currently in the past reliving the threads where this absolute car crash of an interview took place, and very interesting it is too!

For those who werenā€™t around at the time (I wasnā€˜t either, hence exploring the smorgasbord of bullshit now), this was the spate of interviews that she got off the back of the ONS releasing some stats that debunked her previous ludicrous claims about the inflation of value goods being many multiples of higher end goods (pasta up 344% etc). ONS research demonstrated that the rates of inflation they found were broadly the same across value and standard offerings.

Undeterred, Jack took to the airways to honk that she had been vindicated and that the findings had backed her up. Credulous interviewers failed to challenge her on this most basic fact- that the research contradicted rather than endorsed her claims. Other than the Telegraph, which ran a piece saying Nanny Nanny Boo Boos, Jack Wuz Wrong (I may be paraphrasing) whereupon our heroine threaten to sue them by setting paralegals on them.

Then she did this:

IMG_0708.jpeg

(SS from @Marmalade Atkins)

So I can well believe that the week included a massive bender, high as she was on the Grifty Kitchen photoshoot plus all the delicious attention. Christ. Just mind-meltingly unprofessional. She was all over the place in the ones she did show up to, quavery voiced, rambling, slurring, noticeably off her face talking to James Oā€™Brien and looking like she slept in a hedge, despite obviously copious amounts of filler.

The thread where it goes down is round about here ā¬‡ should anyone fancy joining me in days gone by! I am agog about how she makes the whole issue of the burgeoning cost of living crisis a three ring circus of ā€œI was right haha!ā€ And ā€œduck the Toriesā€ without so much as a brief detour into ā€œhereā€™s what people can do that might helpā€.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
"Hilda, come here a tick and look at this... Do you remember that bloody awful B&B we stayed in on that trip to Southend?"
"Oh lord, how could I ever forget? That.... man, and his family. What am I looking at? Oh good god, those are the curtains from that lounge, aren't they? And is that... Is that... The granddaughter wearing them???"
IMG_9728.jpeg
IMG_9690.jpeg

ā¤ @Seaford Haggington cheers for the shrunken headed selfie and as we like to say way down yonder here in Tblisi, bless your precious heart for the inspiration, chickadee!
IMG_9729.jpeg
Berk.

• Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 2620362View attachment 2620363
ā¤ @Seaford Haggington cheers for the shrunken headed selfie and as we like to say way down yonder here in Tblisi, bless your precious heart for the inspiration, chickadee!
Sounds a bit odd, I guess, but @FunnyFuneral (hope you are doing alright, tenderstem) do you have a discount scheme for multiple burials, um, of the same person? Asking for a friend.
---
You know when youā€™re so used to something you stop seeing it and then all of a sudden, something new clicks.

I just canā€™t any more with her. šŸ˜‚ Even her lies are completely bleeping moronic.
View attachment 2619900View attachment 2619903

Why on earth would you even be ā€œwonderingā€?! How about taking the guitar you donā€™t even know how to actually play, you thick (fantasist) duck?
View attachment 2619910 View attachment 2619911
Just as was about to hit post I remembered from this ss provided by @DisgruntledGoat that she DID in fact ā€œpawn the guitarā€.

She then didnā€™t have a guitar until either Leggy (Feb 2014-May 2015) or LJC (April 2017-May 2020) bought her TWO guitars. View attachment 2619922So she most definitely in December 2013 did not have that guitar that had moved with her twelve times (or that she told the Guardian, also in December 2013, sheā€™d had for ten years) and that it was her New Yearā€™s resolution to play in 2014. No sireeeeee (Sideboard) Bob. No guitars to see here.
View attachment 2619929FFS she canā€™t even tell the truth about how long she was with the ā€œex-partner over the TWO YEARS we were togetherā€ who imaginary-replaced her PAWNED GUITAR. She was with LJC for three years and Leggy for 15 months! šŸ›ŽšŸ”š

ETA: LOL no bleeping way! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚View attachment 2619940View attachment 2619933View attachment 2619939
In the sage words of @DisgruntledGoat
View attachment 2619942
Grunking, again. (Why is the Fred so damned busy suddenly?!!)

Dunno how to describe this (and only 1 wine in!) but there used to be these books where you could flip over various sections of the page, and choose an outfit, or different parts of animals, or text.

The canal could make something available for sale by door to door encyclopedia salesman just of the many lies she has told about EVERY moment of her publicly-lived, stream of consciousness, "life".

And nope, I don't need a job, but she does. She can wander around doorsteps flogging it! Invoice in the post, Jack.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Spookily, I am currently in the past reliving the threads where this absolute car crash of an interview took place, and very interesting it is too!

For those who werenā€™t around at the time (I wasnā€˜t either, hence exploring the smorgasbord of bullshit now), this was the spate of interviews that she got off the back of the ONS releasing some stats that debunked her previous ludicrous claims about the inflation of value goods being many multiples of higher end goods (pasta up 344% etc). ONS research demonstrated that the rates of inflation they found were broadly the same across value and standard offerings.

Undeterred, Jack took to the airways to honk that she had been vindicated and that the findings had backed her up. Credulous interviewers failed to challenge her on this most basic fact- that the research contradicted rather than endorsed her claims. Other than the Telegraph, which ran a piece saying Nanny Nanny Boo Boos, Jack Wuz Wrong (I may be paraphrasing) whereupon our heroine threaten to sue them by setting paralegals on them.

Then she did this:

View attachment 2620350

(SS from @Marmalade Atkins)

So I can well believe that the week included a massive bender, high as she was on the Grifty Kitchen photoshoot plus all the delicious attention. Christ. Just mind-meltingly unprofessional. She was all over the place in the ones she did show up to, quavery voiced, rambling, slurring, noticeably off her face talking to James Oā€™Brien and looking like she slept in a hedge, despite obviously copious amounts of filler.

The thread where it goes down is round about here ā¬‡ should anyone fancy joining me in days gone by! I am agog about how she makes the whole issue of the burgeoning cost of living crisis a three ring circus of ā€œI was right haha!ā€ And ā€œduck the Toriesā€ without so much as a brief detour into ā€œhereā€™s what people can do that might helpā€.

What I hadn't clocked before now is how quickly it had been debunked.

19 January, Guest: "Woke up this morning to the radio talking about the cost of living rising a further 5%. It infuriates me the index that they use for this calculation, which grossly underestimates the real cost of inflation as it happens to people with the least. Allow me to briefly explain."
30 May, ONS: "Nope. It's bollocks."

They still did more work debunking it than she did producing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Jack loves holes. They're like a small well!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Dunno how to describe this (and only 1 wine in!) but there used to be these books where you could flip over various sections of the page, and choose an outfit, or different parts of animals, or text.
Letā€™s Kickstarter the tit out of that, mofo! Iā€™m IN! (Itā€™s harder to describe than an indescribable process Jack would IRREGARDLESS describe as Roald Dahlā€™s Matilda).
Also,
Sounds a bit odd, I guess, but @FunnyFuneral (hope you are doing alright, tenderstem) do you have a discount scheme for multiple burials, um, of the same person? Asking for a friend.
Would you settle for @FunnyFuneral and @Captainmouse sharing the burden so you can come back as a haunted spectral image in tulle? You have to give up a hand tho.
IMG_9732.jpeg
And looking for that on Mr. G. Oogle brought this up
IMG_9731.jpeg
FFS you funny bunch of bastards

(I make no apologies for reposting that vid)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
What I hadn't clocked before now is how quickly it had been debunked.

19 January, Guest: "Woke up this morning to the radio talking about the cost of living rising a further 5%. It infuriates me the index that they use for this calculation, which grossly underestimates the real cost of inflation as it happens to people with the least. Allow me to briefly explain."
30 May, ONS: "Nope. It's bollocks."

They still did more work debunking it than she did producing it.
Yup, she loves a hole so much that she's dug herself a big one and is currently refusing to come out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.