Jack Monroe #553 Fairytale of No Pork

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2619723
She went on TV like that! View attachment 2619677No bleeping way was she living her best clean and sober life last year.

See also: @Marmalade Atkins GLORIOUS nice collages…View attachment 2619694 View attachment 2619696View attachment 2619695Couldn’t even be arsed to have a shower, get the day before’s makeup off her face, wash her hair or put on clothes that even just looked clean to go on national tv- including to go on national tv and handle slop food in an opportunity for which she’d been waiting SEVEN YEARS.
Wait hold on, are we looking at day two of her Kruger wotsit photo shoot outfit? Like,

Screenshot_20231209-160452.png

<unspecified length of time, but enough for the curls to fall out and the makeup to sort of... spread>

Screenshot_20231209-160204.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Wait hold on, are we looking at day two of her Kruger wotsit photo shoot outfit? Like,

View attachment 2619849

<unspecified length of time, but enough for the curls to fall out and the makeup to sort of... spread>

View attachment 2619850
You forget (according to Guest History Timeline #424523) she doesn't know about makeup so was so delighted with what the photoshoot artists did and decided not to to wash it off for days.

Also ❄

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Ftfy
Credit to @StatusWoe!
---
Procrastinating here to avoid doing any work (am I Jack?!), but can we have a vote on the next thread about why we believe she is missing? Be a lovely way to see in the Festive season. Better than bloody eels.
Personally, I'm of the opinion that guest was steadying herself on 30th November ready for the big "Christmas Comeback". A trio of slow cookers bubbling with malicious intent and the smell of impending failure rising over the stench of desperation, as per previous years.
However, 1st December arrived and guest ouchily, but bravely limped from her simple bednest towards an advent calendar and grappled it with hands that have long stopped functioning and now barely able to grasp. Jack prayed silently and privately to her God, that this year, this year would be the one. Unfortunately only to find 2 burly bailiffs behind the first door rather than the Malteser Reindeer that Mr Asda had promised.

Have you no hearts? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
My mind is permanently blown that she was such an insufferably pompous fusty old fuddy duddy at 25. I mean, you look at this.
IMG_9686.jpeg
And it gives full on
IMG_9688.jpeg

She’d have us believe she went from full-on lyrics-doodling OBSESSED fan of Hole (Courtney Love’s band), in fishnet tops and LASHINGS of black eyeliner and being the COOOOOL rebel described below, to spouting that tit up top 👆 like a Labour party Barclay Beg-Chetwynde…
IMG_9689.jpeg

… while looking like this 👇🏻and dressing in her Nan’s front room Austrian blinds from Freeman’s Catalogue, and a sensible cardi.
IMG_9694.jpeg
TOO POOR TO AFFORD NICE HAIR
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9691.jpeg
One month before that pic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I'm sure that she mocked up the rent increase message from her landlady/letting agent, but when is another rent increase due based on the date of the message?
Everyone we know who rents has had an increase this year because of the COL crisis no matter how understanding their landlord/ landlady is.
I'm an over 2K rent truther looking at similar (and smaller) rental properties in Shoeburyness.
I can't believe that the landlady is that naive and if she's using a letting agency there's no way they'd be recommending that level of rent on a property that size.

• Wow
Reactions: 41
Personally, I'm of the opinion that guest was steadying herself on 30th November ready for the big "Christmas Comeback". A trio of slow cookers bubbling with malicious intent and the smell of impending failure rising over the stench of desperation, as per previous years.
However, 1st December arrived and guest ouchily, but bravely limped from her simple bednest towards an advent calendar and grappled it with hands that have long stopped functioning and now barely able to grasp. Jack prayed silently and privately to her God, that this year, this year would be the one. Unfortunately only to find 2 burly bailiffs behind the first door rather than the Malteser Reindeer that Mr Asda had promised.

Have you no hearts? Lol.
And door 2 revealed an HMRC investigator....
---
I'm sure that she mocked up the rent increase message from her landlady/letting agent, but when is another rent increase due based on the date of the message?
Everyone we know who rents has had an increase this year because of the COL crisis no matter how understanding their landlord/ landlady is.
I'm an over 2K rent truther looking at similar (and smaller) rental properties in Shoeburyness.
I can't believe that the landlady is that naive and if she's using a letting agency there's no way they'd be recommending that level of rent on a property that size.
Ah, landlady's husband/brother/son/son-in-law doesn't perchance stand in a bowl of porridge with one trouser leg rolled up with Chocco, does he??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Absolutely. Even if you have a "good" landlord or one that has paid off their mortgage the agents will be recommend putting up the rents to match market rates. Especially if their fees are tied to the rent amount.

Reactions: 27

View attachment 2619849

View attachment 2619850
FFS, YEEEESSSS!!!!! 😮You nailed it! It’s day two post-bender after the stunt hair Grifty Kitchen photoshoot! Lol she must have been snorting off the counter cos she’s not even moved 😂
IMG_9696.jpeg
IMG_9573.jpeg

Found that ss from @Kebab girl ❤Anyone got a better pic? Preferably one with the big wonky camel hoof cropped out of it, please and thank🔭🪐☄🛸👽🛰you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
My mind is permanently blown that she was such an insufferably pompous fusty old fuddy duddy at 25. I mean, you look at this. View attachment 2619847And it gives full onView attachment 2619864
She’d have us believe she went from full-on lyrics-doodling OBSESSED fan of Hole (Courtney Love’s band), in fishnet tops and LASHINGS of black eyeliner and being the COOOOOL rebel described below, to spouting that tit up top 👆 like a Labour party Barclay Beg-Chetwynde…
View attachment 2619854
… while looking like this 👇🏻and dressing in her Nan’s front room Austrian blinds from Freeman’s Catalogue, and a sensible cardi. View attachment 2619876
View attachment 2619877View attachment 2619878One month before that pic.
"Hilda, come here a tick and look at this... Do you remember that bloody awful B&B we stayed in on that trip to Southend?"
"Oh lord, how could I ever forget? That.... man, and his family. What am I looking at? Oh good god, those are the curtains from that lounge, aren't they? And is that... Is that... The granddaughter wearing them???"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Ah yes, the corporate speaking gigs for which she gets paid (a large chunk of) 10-15 grand apiece.

View attachment 2618748

Except she doesn't...

View attachment 2618749

And yet...

View attachment 2618750View attachment 2618751

bleeping lying, gaslighting, grasping twit. It'll never not make me hoot-slash-rage that she bills these corporations with more money than sense half a day for recovery time. Poor smol ickle delicate Jack clearly needs to take to her nest-bed to overcome the shock of actually doing half a day's "work."
Right. Unlike Guest, I actually remember when I promised to do something and have come back to leave my thoughts.

I don't think she's getting £10-15K for a straight corporate speaking gig on the regular. Possibly for something like the disastrous Curry's collab, which we know must have been arranged through Kruger Cowne as Agent Adrian was there, or for a big Google-type thing. Small literary festivals like Clitfest, Hay etc pay crap (maybe a couple of grand if you're *really* lucky).

However, I actually agree with pretty much everything she says about how to negotiate your fee - far too much of the public speaking world relies on the fact that people want a platform, so will do stuff for nothing or just travel expenses. But if you're self employed, then this stuff is your job, and it needs to be worth your while - either monetarily or in terms of genuine exposure/opportunity or an incredible fun experience (fun, fame or fortune).

For example, I was approached to speak at an event in a European country. I would have had to spend at least half a day preparing for the event (plus also packing, sorting out logistics etc etc), most of a day travelling, the full day at the event, then most of the day travelling back - two nights away from home in bed that I might not sleep well in, and I have a genuine chronic health condition that means stuff like that does wipe me out. If I get in really late from an event where I've had to be on my feet all day, I am under par for at least a day after that. So I have no problem with factoring in half a day of recovery time.

And, of course, I wouldn't be able to get on with as much of my other regular work, as it's hard to work properly when you're travelling (i've tried - it's tiring and stressful, it's hard to do client calls on the go, and I hate being beholden to my laptop battery and finding wifi). So, let's call it 4 days of working time that I need to get covered.

Now, I'm a highly experienced Frau and an expert in my field, and when I was a freelance in a usual year my income was around £60K. According to this day rate calculator, if I want to make the equivalent of a £60,000 salary, I need to charge a *minimum* of £350 a day: https://www.maxwellstephens.com/day-rate-calculator (these things usually assume you're working full time, with about 4 weeks holiday a year and a couple of sick days).

So, I would need to ask for AT LEAST £1400, plus travel and accommodation. And that's not including any other expenses that I might incur while I'm away for three days, like meals, snacks, or a couple of glasses of overpriced red wine that I'll have to drink on my own in the hotel bar. Oh, and if it's arranged through an agent, then they will take a percentage of the fee (10-20% depending on your deal, although it's usually worth it as they'll negotiate a higher fee than you would ever manage to yourself). Now I run a company, and they bill me out at £1200 a day, so that would be a minimum of £5K, as that's how much we would lose due to me not being able to get on with other billable work or any of the other jobs I do. So no, I won't do it for £200, or for free :rolleyes:

If your experience and expertise is valuable, then people should pay you for it. It drives me nuts when organisers of events aren't willing to pay for the time of the people who are the reason the event exists in the first place! I think guest's advice and rationale is fine, and more people should take it to heart. Where I differ is that I'm genuinely an expert and an authority on what I do, whereas she's a honking chancer who keeps trotting out her self-centred poverty fiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
You know when you’re so used to something you stop seeing it and then all of a sudden, something new clicks.

I just can’t any more with her. 😂 Even her lies are completely bleeping moronic.
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9692.jpeg

Why on earth would you even be “wondering”?! How about taking the guitar you don’t even know how to actually play, you thick (fantasist) duck?
IMG_9697.jpeg
IMG_9698.jpeg
Just as was about to hit post I remembered from this ss provided by @DisgruntledGoat that she DID in fact “pawn the guitar”.

She then didn’t have a guitar until either Leggy (Feb 2014-May 2015) or LJC (April 2017-May 2020) bought her TWO guitars.
IMG_9700.jpeg
So she most definitely in December 2013 did not have that guitar that had moved with her twelve times (or that she told the Guardian, also in December 2013, she’d had for ten years) and that it was her New Year’s resolution to play in 2014. No sireeeeee (Sideboard) Bob. No guitars to see here.
IMG_9701.jpeg
FFS she can’t even tell the truth about how long she was with the “ex-partner over the TWO YEARS we were together” who imaginary-replaced her PAWNED GUITAR. She was with LJC for three years and Leggy for 15 months! 🛎🔚

ETA: LOL no bleeping way! 😂😂😂
IMG_9706.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg
IMG_9704.jpeg
In the sage words of @DisgruntledGoat
IMG_9707.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Right. Unlike Guest, I actually remember when I promised to do something and have come back to leave my thoughts.

I don't think she's getting £10-15K for a straight corporate speaking gig on the regular. Possibly for something like the disastrous Curry's collab, which we know must have been arranged through Kruger Cowne as Agent Adrian was there, or for a big Google-type thing. Small literary festivals like Clitfest, Hay etc pay crap (maybe a couple of grand if you're *really* lucky).

However, I actually agree with pretty much everything she says about how to negotiate your fee - far too much of the public speaking world relies on the fact that people want a platform, so will do stuff for nothing or just travel expenses. But if you're self employed, then this stuff is your job, and it needs to be worth your while - either monetarily or in terms of genuine exposure/opportunity or an incredible fun experience (fun, fame or fortune).

For example, I was approached to speak at an event in a European country. I would have had to spend at least half a day preparing for the event (plus also packing, sorting out logistics etc etc), most of a day travelling, the full day at the event, then most of the day travelling back - two nights away from home in bed that I might not sleep well in, and I have a genuine chronic health condition that means stuff like that does wipe me out. If I get in really late from an event where I've had to be on my feet all day, I am under par for at least a day after that. So I have no problem with factoring in half a day of recovery time.

And, of course, I wouldn't be able to get on with as much of my other regular work, as it's hard to work properly when you're travelling (i've tried - it's tiring and stressful, it's hard to do client calls on the go, and I hate being beholden to my laptop battery and finding wifi). So, let's call it 4 days of working time that I need to get covered.

Now, I'm a highly experienced Frau and an expert in my field, and when I was a freelance in a usual year my income was around £60K. According to this day rate calculator, if I want to make the equivalent of a £60,000 salary, I need to charge a *minimum* of £350 a day: https://www.maxwellstephens.com/day-rate-calculator (these things usually assume you're working full time, with about 4 weeks holiday a year and a couple of sick days).

So, I would need to ask for AT LEAST £1400, plus travel and accommodation. And that's not including any other expenses that I might incur while I'm away for three days, like meals, snacks, or a couple of glasses of overpriced red wine that I'll have to drink on my own in the hotel bar. Oh, and if it's arranged through an agent, then they will take a percentage of the fee (10-20% depending on your deal, although it's usually worth it as they'll negotiate a higher fee than you would ever manage to yourself). Now I run a company, and they bill me out at £1200 a day, so that would be a minimum of £5K, as that's how much we would lose due to me not being able to get on with other billable work or any of the other jobs I do. So no, I won't do it for £200, or for free :rolleyes:

If your experience and expertise is valuable, then people should pay you for it. It drives me nuts when organisers of events aren't willing to pay for the time of the people who are the reason the event exists in the first place! I think guest's advice and rationale is fine, and more people should take it to heart. Where I differ is that I'm genuinely an expert and an authority on what I do, whereas she's a honking chancer who keeps trotting out her self-centred poverty fiction.
Well said. Just a thought though … if it’s publicising something you’re selling in order to increase sales (eg Hay had Susie Dent publicising her new book and it was flying off the shelves in the Festival shop, as were her preceding books) what’s the deal?

Reactions: 19
My mind is permanently blown that she was such an insufferably pompous fusty old fuddy duddy at 25. I mean, you look at this. View attachment 2619847And it gives full onView attachment 2619864
View attachment 2619854
… while looking like this 👇🏻and dressing in her Nan’s front room Austrian blinds from Freeman’s Catalogue, and a sensible cardi. View attachment 2619876
View attachment 2619877View attachment 2619878One month before that pic.
Ahh excellent, another Ghosts fan.
How surprising. I am surprised

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Of course people should be compensated fairly for their time and expertise, and I apologise if my post implied otherwise. However, we know guest does the absolute bare minimum, doesn't prepare, frequently turns up late (if she deigns to show her face at all), spends (at most) an hour banging on about herself, thinks it appropriate to tell her audience that she's doing her engagements on 3 hours' sleep because she's been "sober raving" the night before, and is generally an unprofessional pain in the arse for event organisers. I'll never not find it objectionable that she's stealing a living from people who actually put the effort in.

The main point I was trying to make was her slippery disingenuity - acting like she's a poor naive urchin who has no idea what her fees are and just gratefully accepts whatever meagre sum she's offered, when just a few months previously she'd done that huge Billy-big-bollocks thread about her hardline negotiating skills.

(Sorry if I'm not making sense, I'm EXHAUSTED from putting up my tree and am now around 3 drinks in)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Think of someone who is a non-native speaker but has young kids in school here. The kids won’t be saying stomach pain, they’ll be saying tummy pain so the parent might know that word, or indeed have the child navigating the site/reading it out/translating it for them. Similarly people with some learning disabilities are more likely to use tummy vs stomach. It’s based on the likelihood that the reader won’t understand tummy (even if they roll their eyes) being far lower than the likelihood of them not understanding stomach.
I wonder if the tummy/stomach thing could also be to do with spelling. If someone sho doesn't have English as their first language, sees stomach written down, the may not pronounce it with a "k" ending and may read it as something like staw-match,whereas tummy is phonetic.

Reactions: 12
I’m belaboring this point now, I know. But Teen Jack models her lewk on “psephologist” Courtney Love and continues to be a REBEL at 23 when she “discards her birth name”, via a brief foray into the “s*x industry” (why the * in SEX?), other errr… “artistic pursuits”, and minimum wage labour
IMG_9715.jpeg

Yet by age 24 models herself on Anne Diamond.
IMG_9716.jpeg

And by 25, pride of the WI Jack instead models her lewk on “vision of elegance, fragrance and radiance” Mary Archer.
IMG_9709.jpeg
And at 26 is terrified of YOUNGSTERS in states of undress.

IMG_9710.jpeg

IMG_9711.jpeg
Thanks to @Marmalade Atkins for the ss, including the one of Teen Courtney Love Tammy Girl Baby Spice right there.

ETA: Yeah, you’re really rocking that androgynous lewk skinhead and trousers there, Teen Tammy Girl Courtney Love Baby Spice Jack! ✅
IMG_9712.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Well I didn’t think there were many soft furnishing choices more unhygienic than a rag rug glued to a kitchen floor, but Vlad has proved me wrong. Just the thing to stay comfy during a long sesh on the squatty potty after a dinner of prune and pilchard curry.
1702146024805.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Ahh excellent, another Ghosts fan.
How surprising. I am surprised
Completely off-topic for Ghosts and Blackadder fans
While looking for a pic of Barclay Beg-Chetwyne to add to that post
IMG_9688.jpeg

I learned that Barclay Beg-Chetwyne is also this fella from series 3 of Blackadder!
IMG_9722.jpeg
IMG_9687.jpeg
IMG_9719.jpeg
Related, and Very Much On Topic:
IMG_9723.jpeg
IMG_9718.jpeg
IMG_9721.jpeg
Hello, Wine Aunt Ganglion Jack!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.