Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to see him just talking a couple of years ago and he was fantastic. So funny. Thank you for the link to the article about his dad - excellent timing as my mum has gone to collect my dad’s ashes today (did you know funeral parlours have to keep them free for up to 5 years?). It was a v complicated and not happy relationship for me so DS’s piece really hit home.
Yes, there are very strict rules about the storing of ashes, they must be looked after with the same level of care and respect as the person themselves, and can only be released to a named person (usually the person who arranged the funeral unless they give written consent for someone else to collect them). Unfortunately some people never get picked up and there a lot of ashes sitting in funeral parlours waiting to be reunited with their family decades on 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Yeah nobody knows how to find it
ETA can I recommend Binkbonk’s excellent slopalong vid which is in there
SECONDED. It’s so glorious, it inspired this.
IMG_0250.jpeg
ETA actually, here’s the link 👇🏻. Make sure your volume is all the way UP, just like Jack instructed us all when she wanted us to listen to her honking out BOULEVAAAAAARD
IMG_0251.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
There's something healing about reading DS after reading any of the crap JM writes. It's an antidote. There's humanity, even when he's recounting feeding a bit of his tumour or whatever it was to snapping turtles and being disappointed.

I'm sorry about your dad. I feel guilty reading about people having complicated parental relationships because mine is relatively great. I suppose I should just feel grateful. I didn't know that about ashes. My parents have chosen not to do a funeral, with a service and ashes. I think they'll just get burnt and we'll get a confirmation of it. Hopefully not for some time yet.

Jack and her ever decreasing Venn circle of neckbeards and morons would never understand, or take time to understand how varied, upsetting, funny, poignant, tragic life can be for everyone around her. But this little haven of the Internet does. And I appreciate it, and you lot, very much.
You would get the option to have their ashes back dear ❤, if you would like to, and of course can have a party or celebration of them in any way you would like to. A family close to me recently scattered their mum's ashes in a favourite place of hers and then raised a few glasses to her with a picnic in the sunshine ❤🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She could but she won't, will she? And Mark Lewis seems happy to be complicit in letting people think he told her she had a clear cut case?
I was £100 out. Content was actually £2200.

Original post here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-monroe-349-shameless.32227/post-11014140
This kind of confirms the puppy farming as seems under the going rate. I'm basing this on my friend paying £3,000 each for golden retriever pups.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
View attachment 2256710ETA actually, here’s the link 👇🏻. Make sure your volume is all the way UP, just like Jack instructed us all when she wanted us to listen to her honking out BOULEVAAAAAARD
View attachment 2256716
Excellent, I 🦉ted and 🍾ed even more than I did the first time I saw it. Bravo and 🎩 dear ❤ @binkbonk xx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
The amount owing is now £525. Getting close to the £600 threshold to enforce the debt in the High Court by taking control of goods.

ETA: Good job there is no list of valuable goods in the public domain!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
The amount owing is now £525. Getting close to the £600 threshold to enforce the debt in the High Court by taking control of goods.

ETA: Good job there is no list of valuable goods in the public domain!
She is a cautionary tale why anybody famous, not-famous or NOT-a celeb should not show off and be a gobshite on the web about how much spenny stuff they own! A photo here and there quickly collates into a FrauInventory which could be greedily gobbled up by the big bad bailiffs. Or Burglar Bill-types

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The thing that I take away most from this is that her parents probably do have a clippings box (big D deffo the type sorry not sorry)... That is presumably FULL of clippings of her telling lies about them but the most important thing is obviously "Our daughter is FAMOUS".

Apple. Tree. Says a lot about the whole family to be quite honest.
This is the family who "joked" about getting a blue plaque for guest, thwarted only by the fact that SHE RENTS:

(from @Valiofthedolls on thread 470)

(and, of course, they really did put one on one of the sainted slumlord grandad's properties...)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
View attachment 2256710ETA actually, here’s the link 👇🏻. Make sure your volume is all the way UP, just like Jack instructed us all when she wanted us to listen to her honking out BOULEVAAAAAARD
View attachment 2256716
@binkbonk that is the best thing I have ever seen 😂😂

One of my ASD symptoms is a very restricted diet so I've never had the (dis)pleasure of attempting one of guest's recipes, but please do send me your personal PayPal link as I would pay good money to watch more of those!
takemymoney.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28
This is the family who "joked" about getting a blue plaque for guest, thwarted only by the fact that SHE RENTS:

(and, of course, they really did put one on one of the sainted slumlord grandad's properties...)
Absolute enablers. Maybe now she's too deep in the narc hole for them to stop her, but it's a real lesson in "If you tolerate her behaviour so you can boast your daughter is famous" this is what you get. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes Thiamine is the first line treatment (someone I know had twice daily bum injections of it whilst drying out!) as it's caused by lack of B vitamins I think. I don't know much about the phsyiology of it all as unlike Jack I'm not a medical expert who's tried and completed everything mate, but I do know that heavy boozing stops your body from absorbing B vitamins which are vital for brain function.
Many Moons ago I cared for a 36 year old with Korsakov's , absolutely heart breaking to deal with . One of the "quirks" of this form of dementia is confabulation - generation of a false memory without the intent of deceit - makes you think

PS. 36 is very unusual for onset, but client had a burst peptic ulcer and should have had regular Thiamine injections after surgery but didn't attend appointments. Everything was alcohol related but not in a classic x causes y way.

• Sad
  • Heart
Oh god I'm getting flashbacks to when I calculated the weight of the pennies that would have had to have been in there if she'd been telling the truth about it being completely full of coins,and not mostly full of foam rubber and fabric. She's such a compulsive bleeping liar.
tired brain. I read BIB as the ‘weight of the penises’…

• Haha
Reactions: 15

"balked at the expense and admin it would require"

AS IF THEY'D PUT A BLUE PLAQUE ON EVERY HOUSE SHE'D EVER LIVED IN

It'd be like all those pubs that spuriously claim Shakespeare or King Charles I overnighted there one time

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.