Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like we finally know how much Laurie cost!
Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 21.30.59.png

Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 21.31.20.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 127
For the sake of balance and for her (and everyone else's) mentals I genuinely hope that she has a 'real-life' person to talk this through with and to point her in the right direction. Some sort of apology (made up of actual facts and regrets) would be a start. She must have seen this shitstorm by now and be reeling from the aftershocks to some extent.
Has spaniel friend not been over for doggo cuddles? If not, reckon they’ve dropped her too.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Could you explain this to an ancient frau please?

*I'm only 52 but I don't understand facts and figures and bow down to your superior knowledge. See also Tax fraus, I'm grateful for your insight!!
I’m so sorry! So, basically…

Methodology - We have a Python script that scrapes her Patreon follower count every 10 minutes, and inputs that number into a database. I then put that into Microsoft Excel & make that table.

What it means -

The opening subs is just how many subscribers were present on each Patreon payday, so we have an idea of volume.

The ps means per subscriber, so we have no visibility on her subscriber composition, that is how many people pay £3.50, how many pay £7.00, how many pay £12.00, etc. But it’s fair to assume:
A) 100% will at least pay £3.50, hence our minimum column est rev(enue) @ 3.50 per sub
B) the reality will be a mix of £3.50 and above, hence us then taking some other blended averages. these are still very, very conservative imo:

The second revenue column assumes a blended per subscriber average revenue of £5.00, which is feasible with roughly 50% on the lowest £3.50 tier, and 50% on the next lowest tier of £7.00.

The third revenue column assumes a blended ps average revenue of £10.00, this is possible with 100% of her subscribers being on the lowest 3 tiers.

These revenue scenarios all deduct the very highest platform fee of 12%, and none of them are unrealistic. She is very likely earning far more than that £2.xk minimum.

The movement stuff on the right hand side is less useful in terms of the grift, but just interesting to see how external factors influence her acquired subscribers in month. Please note the huge step up in monthly gained subscribers post Nigella and post the CoL crisis being in the news cycle. And then tell me she’s not monetising poverty?

Appreciate this isn’t the most accessible content as it needs this long form explanation, and sorry I can’t make it any better atm (eg having an accompanying graphic explaining how to interpret this) as I don’t have laptop access atm. Please ask any questions tho as it’s important people see Jack HAS a solid income, it may not be PAYE but this money comes through her bank account month in month out, and has done since at least 2017.

• Heart
Reactions: 110
Marms I continue to be in complete awe of your encyclopaedic brain and your data storage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
For the sake of balance and for her (and everyone else's) mentals I genuinely hope that she has a 'real-life' person to talk this through with and to point her in the right direction. Some sort of apology (made up of actual facts and regrets) would be a start. She must have seen this shitstorm by now and be reeling from the aftershocks to some extent.
The thing to do here would be to tell some of the truth about how she's desperately lonely and gets carried away when she gets a bit of attention, particularly when she's using drink and drugs as she quite obviously has at times. Then go and get proper help, stop lying to herself, put the work in and come back as a reformed social media addict. There's probably a book and documentary in that. But anything is better than this constant begging and playing the victim.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
I feel like I want to straighten my hair and put loads of makeup on, if we are going to be receiving a lot more visitors to the threads ..😃

• Haha
Reactions: 80
THE BOOK OF ETERNAL DOOM
Wonder if her publisher is having a case of the squits right now! :poop:😁

View attachment 1464052
View attachment 1464054
Notwithstanding (if that's the right word) the context, just how bloody gorgeous is this pup!:love:

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Hi dear canal, I was posting here in 2020 when your hilarity got me through that first lockdown. I LEFT and deregistered as I was BUSY but I kept coming back to lurk because you are so funny. I am a stoical frau and not given to spraying coffee all over the monitor or that kind of carry-on but nothing has made me proper belly LOL as much as you lot. Thank you for all you do, tender ones and if I could gently softly whisk you all away to Per Rialto and hand- feed you pumble in a gondola I would.

This day has been coming for a long time. That Mumsnet thread has even cranked back into life...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 95
Frauen what’s the new tattoo of? I’ve missed it

thankyou
Jack, who is obviously really poor and has minus £14 in her account and didn't have a big influence of cash from schmucks last month or anything, decided she would get another tattoo.
Confusing because, according to Jack, tattoos have been her biggest hold back to work so far.
Iirc it was on her arm and was a key with a tag and a number. The number correlates to a page/phrase from AA.
Unfortunately for Jack, the tattooist wrote the number upside down and basically it looks tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
The little follow/comment club thing she created was quite a clever way to make people feel special, avoid criticism in the comments and force people to QT expanding her reach.
She is very cunning in some ways. She really should have gone into marketing or PR. It would have been a good use of her genuine talent for manipulation and perhaps her lack of shame.

Reactions: 45
View attachment 1464052
View attachment 1464054
Excellent find Brian!

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Anyone following the Ana Mardoll thing?
Not quite the same thing but they cosplayed poverty too. Twitter isn't in the mood for grifters right now.

omg, yes! i did really like him and i thought his thread on sandra newman's new book was great. but, like everyone, shocked to discover he's not actually a teenager/gen z. also, brandon taylor taking him down was extremely funny

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.