Jack Monroe #377 What’s the point?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m checking out for a bit, but can I just say that in this out of control spiraling fantasist nonsense (and I hear you @Sideboard Bob it’s not at all comfortable to witness), the little shining lantern in the maelstrom for me has been the Kirsty Strickland/Southend Rotary mashup.

Just waiting on the Royal Artillery Association to pick a side now…

PS let’s also recall that last time someone in her personal life expressed to her that perhaps medical intervention would be wise, her response was to very publicly get on Tinder to very publicly try to duck a Doctor, and then specifically tweeting that the latter was SPECIFICALLY due to her ex’s suggestion re the former*. Otherwise nobody would even had known he’d suggested it.

ETA *gloating that the Tinder thing probably wasn’t what the partner/ex had in mind when they said it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
My parents were foster caters from 1982/3 onwards. They were definitely paid (it wasn’t a huge amount, I don’t think). The only time you wouldn’t get paid would be if it was an informal arrangement. I think they introduced professional/ agency foster caters too at some stage, with better money.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Just chipping in to say that she could have many Twitter accounts associated with just 3 Gmail addresses. Twitter recognises e.g. jack.monroe.diary as a different email address from jackmonroediary so you can use effectively the same email address on different Twitter accounts just by adding dots in different places i.e. j.ackmonroediary, jackm.onroediary, j.a.c.k.monroed.i.a.r.y etc etc you get the idea.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Got it. Sixties decor and so poorly maintained that significant structural work was needed. I haven't dug into how much they were sold for yet, probably not much, but three of them must have been enough to buy smol pixie some jam.

Quoting myself like a dick but I think I've figured out what's gone on here. I'll refer to them as houses 1, 2, 3 & 4.

House 1 - Big Dave's brother
House 2 - Big Dave's sister
Houses 3 & 4 - Big Dave's mum

House 4 has not been sold since grandad died. Presumably being rented out by grandma.
House 3 was sold in May 2014.
Articles about houses 2, 3 and 4 being renovated into a new hotel in July and September 2014. Apparently due to reopen late November 2014. The articles do not mention who owns this new hotel.
From this I'm making the assumption that grandma sold one to auntie and uncle who wanted to take over the guesthouse business. I could buy the land registry documents but Jack isn't worth my £3 🤣
Houses 1, 2 and 3 were then sold in 2019 for 800k each.

No wonder Jack's the way she is.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
So Grandad H had multiple properties yet let his grandchildren live in unsuitable accomodation as well as go hungry?
Then Big D, who by this time had a large 5 bed house, let his grandson live in unsuitable accomodation as well as go hungry?
What a family.

• Wow
Reactions: 61
So she walked to Asda and her friend picked her up.
So why did she lug her giant backpack all the way there, and all round the shop instead of just taking a few bags? Seems so performative and wierd.

• Haha
  • Heart
So she walked to Asda and her friend picked her up.
So why did she lug her giant backpack all the way there, and all round the shop instead of just taking a few bags? Seems so performative and wierd.
That's our Jackie!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I looked on streetview and there's a bloody blue plaque on the one Jack's grandma still owns 😂 I can't zoom enough to be 100% but I'm pretty sure it's her grandad's name on it. Can you just get your own made?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Sorry lovely Cable, I’m not going to jump forward and drag you all back (I suspect *a lot* still awaits me.) And as someone who has followed Jack’s threads for a long time, I can’t believe I’ve never realised this before…but this screenshot from lovely V has just opened my eyes to the fact that my brother is a raging narc

3B59DDB4-39B9-4AF2-8ADF-F9247E2E0A29.jpeg

I nearly always read posts and I appreciate everyone’s insights into having a narc in their life. But the penny just dropped. He had (he probably still has but we’re estranged) that same tricksy way of words, that “prove it, prove I said that” horrible way of gaslighting and tying you up in knots feeling worse and worse by the day. It’s fine in the regard that it was my decision to not have anything to do with him but I can’t believe I didn’t click before. That wasn’t the worst thing my brother did but in terms of narcissism, my brother and Jack are two cheeks of the same arse as far as I’m concerned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
I looked on streetview and there's a bloody blue plaque on the one Jack's grandma still owns 😂 I can't zoom enough to be 100% but I'm pretty sure it's her grandad's name on it. Can you just get your own made?
You are misreading it.

It says “Jack Monroe” - it’s about her swinging her legs on the wall and eating ice cream.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Only partially squigged this as the name of the account is relevant: they are a relatively newly formed non-profit providing energy advice. This is in the replies to Emma Kennedy complaining about bills. Interesting that both she and Jack have consistently ignored messages from said CIC who actually seem capable of providing help during this crisis 🤔 almost like they don’t really care and their concern is performative.

View attachment 1534749
Oh tit. Another one I will have to mute and I quite liked her.

Reactions: 11
I foster for an animal charity 🔺 and some of the backstories are beyond belief. If you want to understand the worst in human nature ask an animal rescuer
I was lined up to adopt a 13-year old cat whose family had got a new puppy. Poor bugger got run over before I could get him. Not sure if the family kept him or the breed association took over. Folk are cunts

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.