Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Lads, I apologise for posting another oldie but I'm very busy researching and have just rediscovered an absolute gem which I need to share. It's a very rarely seen vintage post.

I WAS NOT KIDDING WHEN I SAID SUMMERTIME JACK IS THE BEST JACK.

(2020)

Screenshot_20200520-182912_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 08.48.07_1.png

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 112

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Well ruddy bloody hell Jack, long time no see. What’s new with you lately?
IMG_9260.jpeg
I have really missed you all!

Not you Jack. I haven’t missed you one teeny tiny smol bit, you pointless grifting boring 🛎 🔚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110

MooBelle

VIP Member
Ooh I forgot to spill my tea from Thursday! Tbf is so insignificant it just slipped my mind.
I had my meeting with the prison people and, as suspected, no one has any memory of working with Jack Monroe for anything related to prison or ex offenders.
There were representatives from several organisations that deal with both the food served in prison and one that does hospitality apprenticeships for prisoners. It's called Springboard and they are really good.
Never heard of her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102
To continue from the previous thread, I think she is delusional and has a view of herself completely distorted from the reality. She’s convinced herself she lived in poverty, convinced herself that her backstory is all entirely true and convinced herself she’s this excellent maverick cook.

I believe when she sets up things like the kickstarter, the Patreon and even the Sue Lee fiasco, she genuinely thinks she’s going to deliver what she’s promised even though anyone else can easily see she won’t. (this doesn’t excuse that she doesn’t in any way)

I believe she believed she was moving and all the delaying now is because it was never going to happen in reality.

Consequently I think she saw the Shattenstone article as a lovely one written by her mate.

If she hadn’t, she’d have gone hard on how he’d taken advantage of her when the lecturer and others, entirely rightly, pointed out the issues with the setting for most of it. She was gifted an out, an opportunity to say she’d been put in an awful situation and then had her words twisted that Shattenstone and the Guardian would have found very hard to deny or deflect from - and she didn’t, because she genuinely thought that article made her look great.

Something is very, very off with the way she views everything and I think it’s getting worse as time goes on.

• Heart
Reactions: 101

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Does it matter what your intentions are, though? I intend to be a good law abiding citizen, so if I steal a mars bar, maybe it’s a mistake.
If I steal a mars bar every week, it’s not really a mistake is it? Either I’m having some medical issue, or I’m a big thief.
If I kept stealing a mars bar from the man in the shop, I’d get someone to come in the shop with me and say I’m sorry, I don’t know how it happens please kick me out if I come in the shop again. I’d pay in advance for a box of mars bars in case I nicked one again by mistake. I’d see my GP. I’d really try to not steal mars bars.

• Heart
Reactions: 97

Emmapism

VIP Member
Fraus I am dying at the 'and then I said 'XYZ' and then he said.....' tweets.

Dyyying. Imagine being this obsessed with yourself aged 35. It's like a teenagers diary come to life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
View attachment 2203523
Edit: And before anyone has a stroke, that is from an episode of Father Ted where the audience was exclusively older, white, ladies. I have not created that meme. It was on Channel 4

Christ, I cant believe I have to cover a joke just in case
And I can’t believe we have to tell you we’re allowed to have negative reactions something that perpetuates bad attitudes about older women, soz babe.
Many of us are in our 30s and 40s and are keenly aware that we don’t have long before we’re going to be written off by huge swathes of our society as menopausal old bags, regardless of what we’re actually capable of. We see it happen to friends and co-workers and family members and we’re dreading the day it happens to us. So don’t be surprised if some of us are a bit 😡 at “jokes” at older women’s expense. We’re allowed to joke about Jack’s audience because they’re Jack’s audience, but we’re very much not joking about their post-menopausal status. That’s not fair game.

• Heart
Reactions: 90

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
To continue from the previous thread, I think she is delusional and has a view of herself completely distorted from the reality. She’s convinced herself she lived in poverty, convinced herself that her backstory is all entirely true and convinced herself she’s this excellent maverick cook.

I believe when she sets up things like the kickstarter, the Patreon and even the Sue Lee fiasco, she genuinely thinks she’s going to deliver what she’s promised even though anyone else can easily see she won’t. (this doesn’t excuse that she doesn’t in any way)

I believe she believed she was moving and all the delaying now is because it was never going to happen in reality.

Consequently I think she saw the Shattenstone article as a lovely one written by her mate.

If she hadn’t, she’d have gone hard on how he’d taken advantage of her when the lecturer and others, entirely rightly, pointed out the issues with the setting for most of it. She was gifted an out, an opportunity to say she’d been put in an awful situation and then had her words twisted that Shattenstone and the Guardian would have found very hard to deny or deflect from - and she didn’t, because she genuinely thought that article made her look great.

Something is very, very off with the way she views everything and I think it’s getting worse as time goes on.
The Hattenstone thing is interesting
She has a wierd habit of becoming very overly familiar with people she meets professionally. We've seen it a few times - Matt, Marcus, Martin Lewis, Kit de Waal - I'm sure there are others.
So in this interview with Shattenstone, which lasted many hours, she turns on her dubious charms, shows off terribly saying outrageous things to impress him, and likes to think they have a special and unique bond. So any justified criticism of the interview (and as you say which could've been a marvellous get out clause for her) she gets all 'Ackshully you wouldn't understand, I now consider Simon a dear friend'. I don't think her ego would accept he didn't fall for her smol quirky strangely attractive ways, and just viewed her dispassionately as a not terribly interesting bullshitting person he was paid to interview.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89