Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tweeted by a vicar type.
I wonder what he thinks of guests shenanigans. It’s quite a lukewarm take, ‘interesting’.
So, aside from this solitary "it was an interesting hour" response, we've heard nothing on the hellsite(*) from anyone who was there. I wonder why Clitfest got so many positive comments compared with the embarrassed silence after Charleston and Hay?

* One of the usual suspects is frantically spamming "314 DAYS WITH NO REFUNDS!!!1!LOL!!"-type comments over and over again, so may have drowned out some genuine criticism.

Reactions: 34
Fraus I am dying at the 'and then I said 'XYZ' and then he said.....' tweets.

Dyyying. Imagine being this obsessed with yourself aged 35. It's like a teenagers diary come to life.

Imagine posting this drivel on your WORK account. My toes are curled up so far the nails are digging into the soles of my feet!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Has Jack ever come out and said that she's CLEAN and sober? She says sober over and over again, but I've never seen her say clean or substance-free.
There are some 12-steppers who would say that Jack's use of ADHD meds disqualifies her from the "clean" label, given that many ADHD meds are amphetamine based. I believe those are rare and extreme views, however. If Jack has ADHD, taking meds is okay in my book.

if Jack does not have ADHD and takes/ abuses the meds anyway, that's another story.

Reactions: 37
Post rave espressos #edgy 🤪

View attachment 2203978

Ah, you know that paradoxical reaction thing that is the entire bleeping reason ADHD symptoms can be treated with amphetamines? Yeah, remember when you told the nice expensive doctor in Harley Street of all your symptoms to get a prescription? Well, caffeine is a stimulant as well.

Yours sincerely, somebody who was given a cup of coffee before bed to calm me the duck down each night from the age of 3.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Signing books in my grundies. See that, that's me in my grundies. Please please love me in my grundies.
Today I found a copy of tin cant cook in the British Heart Foundation shop. It was pristine and looked like it had never been opened, but at £1.50 it was overpriced.

Anyway, has Jack ever made the sidebar of shame?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Grunking to catch up, and oh dear, with the return of Insta Jack and the festival gig, I should have stayed up all night and gone to three raves followed along in real time.

I feel like there is a very selective definition of "sober" going on here, like drinking alcohol is not OK but consuming other mood-altering substances ❄ is fine.

And Simon mate on the hellsite, "she hasn't been criminally charged with anything so she hasn't done anything wrong" - that's an.....interesting take.
I’m going to suggest the it’s only wrong if there’s criminal charges involved point of view on the Schofield thread . What possible could go wrong 🙂🙃🙂🙃

( I’m joking obvs, it’s EXHAUSTING trying to keep up with as it is 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Well ruddy bloody hell Jack, long time no see. What’s new with you lately?
IMG_9260.jpeg
I have really missed you all!

Not you Jack. I haven’t missed you one teeny tiny smol bit, you pointless grifting boring 🛎 🔚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110
And if I remember the Father Ted episode that meme is from, the character saying that line was a dim pop star being chased by his granny fans. IIRC it was more of a dig at the pop star being an eejit than it was at the grans.
Eoin McLove and he has no willy.

Good to see you back @Valiofthedolls! I'll catch you up... guest is still an insufferable head x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Another attendee pipes up. Two words about guest's talk, eight about her overnight antics.

Screenshot from 2023-05-29 18-47-48.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I just looked through all of the Gay “Rave” insta stories (no Jack, alas) and duck me, it looked deader than the watch chat.

I genuinely commend the organisers for trying to do something fun for the sober queer community but there’s a reason people are off their chops listening to dance music and watching a room (partially) full of middle-aged paunches two-stepping covered in glitter and M&S vest tops really brings this home.

Nothing says “never had friends and never got invited to anything” like Jack going on and on and ON about an extremely tame event that, frankly, she should have gotten out of her system in her drug-taking years. Trust her to waste the good times verbally wanking herself off by embellishing her backstory at the Groucho rather than sweatily dancing and gurning her jaw off with people her own age.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Is she developing some self-awareness at last? It might be my imagination but she actually looks a bit embarrassed to have to face Grifty Kitchen.
I think Jack is modestly casting eyes downwards. Unless Adam is saying, go on Jack, admit it, this book is a big pile of steaming shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
He's a very small boy indeed!

Also my kids aren't old enough to film me yet but if they were I'm pretty sure I wouldn't just pokerface ignore them! It's giving big bae caught me sleeping
When your kid's actually filming you, you act goofy and joke about with them.

And so many lols at her playing the pro chef. Honestly, the way she cooks in all her vids - whether they're "candid" or her tv/livestreams, comes across as so try hard, as if she's seen how hectic a professional kitchen looks to be, and is trying to emulate that on her own. (But doesn't realise that in a pro kitchen, it's actually supremely organised chaos with everyone knowing what they're doing, knowing what everyone else's job is and just getting on with it and keeping out of each others way).

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.