Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheCat'sMother

Chatty Member
What a diverse audience! Weird how edgy/cool Jack never actually goes anywhere edge or cool, just spends her time selling her schtick to gullible middle class pensioners.
They look very similar to the Stroud audience. Perhaps they get moved from festival to festival in a van.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Marj24

VIP Member
When I saw the price of the Stroud tickets (£13.50) it reminded me that a few years ago I saw Pam Ayres in New Brighton for not much more (£16.00). Pam, who grew up in a 2 bed council terraced house with her parents, 4 older brothers and older sister would certainly roll her eyes at Jack, I'll explain why but will put it under a SPOILER for those who want to scroll by.
In Pam's autobiography The Necessary Aptitude she describes how she went to see Ken Dodd on stage, it was a brilliant evening she was crying with laughter. A year or so later she was able to see him again and took her mother. Her mother really enjoyed it but Pam felt cheated. It was exactly the same show, word for word, pause for pause. Mindful of how she felt, every performance she does, she notes the venue and which poems she used and checks before she is due back. She also knows there are some of her classics that people would be disappointed not to hear so tried to get the balance right. For the New Brighton venue she performed a favourite They Should Have Asked My Husband but all the reference to what the husband banged on about were brought bang up to date. So familiar but up to the minute, genius! Here's Pam doing a brilliant but not as up-to-date version.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76

Emmapism

VIP Member
Nobody with a five bed house, big car and two working parents has ever been considered poor by any metric. HTH!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Welcome to another new thread everyone!

Congratulations to @Emmapism and Tina Turner, with a thread title that was better than all the rest. You win front row tickets to the String Quartet playing at the same time as Jack at the Hay Festival.

Can anyone help out with a recap please?

Hello to any newcomers and lurkers! If you don’t know where to start, have a look at the wiki!

• Heart
Reactions: 75

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I wasn't expecting Rave Jack. Big fish, little fish, inedible slop!

I'd have to double drop if I saw her coming at me for a hug with those shit rainbow eyelids.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
It’s funny how she talks about growing up WC as an aside to her lack of opportunities, but that’s the life her son is having. She’s living a lovely MC life in a lovely area and going to the theatre and weekends away in Europe (not forgetting her childhood holidays). Her son lives in a more down at heel town, goes to a normal secondary not a grammar school, has caravan holidays. His dad has a non professional job (unlike her own parents). Most people want better than they had for their children…
She didn’t grow up working class, and she never ever lacked opportunities.

She had plenty of opportunities - seriously, so so so many more opportunities than me and my siblings and mates, so many more opportunities than any of the other little wronguns I saw the other day when I went to Southend - but she was just too lazy to capitalise on them (evidenced by her recent history, but also back when she was a teenager and thought she was too special to make any effort at school).

Imagine having all the privilege she’s always had, and still feeling like you’ve been hard done by. Imagine having a portfolio landlord for a grandad (and then a portfolio landlord for a dad), whilst pretending you have no access to funds or help; then imagine grifting hundreds of thousands of pounds off well-meaning people, and still trying to make out like you know what it’s like to be poor.

I actually can’t imagine it. If I was Jack, I’d be quietly living life grateful for all the things I had, the chances for travel and education, the comfortable upbringing, the caring family, the security of knowing I’d inherit a decent whack of money one day. If I’d developed a passion for helping people worse off than me I’d, well, as mithered elsewhere, I’d probably train in human rights law and actually DO things to help people. (Or work in housing advocacy and support services 😉) Her attitudes and experiences are so far outside the realm of what I consider normal, I just can’t imagine living like her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
I’m taking mine away this week, I always do this half term. I want her to see some of this country! In a few years when she is thinking about uni or whatever I want her to have some idea of the places she can go to live.
It’s funny how she talks about growing up WC as an aside to her lack of opportunities, but that’s the life her son is having. She’s living a lovely MC life in a lovely area and going to the theatre and weekends away in Europe (not forgetting her childhood holidays). Her son lives in a more down at heel town, goes to a normal secondary not a grammar school, has caravan holidays. His dad has a non professional job (unlike her own parents). Most people want better than they had for their children…

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74

Salmonshirt

VIP Member
I wonder did she need the shoulder brace or walking stick at any of these raves? I mean I’m sure she did. She wouldn’t exaggerate now would she.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 73

Pocahontas

VIP Member
That was the week Louisa left. You might remember Jack taking the piss out of her on Twitter because she didn't want to camp in the garden...
While going on about her she-wee, having insect repellent in all her ‘nooks and crannies’ and drinking a lovely maverick homemade hot toddy hell drink containing hot butter and pepper. I’ll never forget it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Sorry Fraus but absolutely no tea from me about Hay. We were at other things whilst guest was on the opposite side of the site to the Hive so no sitings of hot guest summer or the legions of adoring fans that were no doubt hanging on her every word. What I will say is:

I'm pretty sure the Hive is the smallest stage.

The speakers we saw were engaging, thoughtful and knowledgeable about their subject. None of them came across as only having 3hrs sleep. It's like they were taking the gig seriously. How maverick.

We a few exceptions Hay is pretty much her target audience so I can't imagine she got much push back.

Finally, guest - we call it Bannau Brycheiniog now. THE END.

• Heart

hiyaaaacath

Chatty Member
JAYSUS looks like imaginary Raver Jack is a new character entering from stage left. Does she have to be so RELENTLESSLY late onto every bandwagon? It’s embarrassing. A rave doesn’t end at 3am, guest. There were raves we ARRIVED at at 3am FFS. I can’t even.

And the whole “you’ve got a body and it’s on a beach therefore it’s a beach body” Revelation…(sighs) yes Jack, this was a thing we all said in 2019. I know you’ve slept in a drunken stupor through the last ten years but try and keep up lass.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
Fuck me. Who writes like this?! Can’t she just put ‘great night with friends at a rave in London! Loved looking at this view this morning!’
No. Of course she can’t.
Nothing says sober like writing a load of old bollocks about the sky being thousands of years old.

Looks like she was at the Royal Docks. The only "rave" I could find listed for yesterday was a festival run by the local council for children and young people. Was that what Slop Three Raves is talking about? Or something else?

• Haha
Reactions: 72