Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to another new thread everyone!

Congratulations to @Emmapism and Tina Turner, with a thread title that was better than all the rest. You win front row tickets to the String Quartet playing at the same time as Jack at the Hay Festival.

Can anyone help out with a recap please?

Hello to any newcomers and lurkers! If you don’t know where to start, have a look at the wiki!

• Heart
Reactions: 75
I could have done First on the PS thread but I didn’t.
Recap - Jack is suspiciously co-ordinating being quiet on her main account. Rumours abound she is socking all over the world hellsite

Hay coming up on Monday and Question Time from Leicester on Thursday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack has actually turned up to things on time. OK she was in the pov jumper and there was the usual honking about being in The Pov™️ten years ago so there's not much personal growth and development going on, but baby steps.

She's going to be on Question Time on Thursday, because the nation clearly isn't suffering enough in these times, but must sit through the Honk in full HD.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This thread title is my favourite so far. And the other night I did do a little scroll through to see the older ones that predated my prehistoric mithering. So I feel like I can say that with some gusto.

Along a similar line, stuck in my head, is another fabulous female vocalist, Shirley Bassey. Instead of "Goldfinger, he's the man..." I'm finding myself singing "Crowdfunder, where's the cash?" to the same tune.

Go well, tenderloins.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
The weekend paper has an article on the fake TV shows produced by the network in Succession, and one of the shows is called Dr Honk 🤣

(If one of the Succession writers is a secret frau.....we see you)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
The weekend paper has an article on the fake TV shows produced by the network in Succession, and one of the shows is called Dr Honk 🤣

(If one of the Succession writers is a secret frau.....we see you)
Nah, it’d be Dr Dr Honk Sniffff.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I could have done First on the PS thread but I didn’t.
Recap - Jack is suspiciously co-ordinating being quiet on her main account. Rumours abound she is socking all over the world hellsite

Hay coming up on Monday and Question Time from Leicester on Thursday.
Someone at the Stroud festival said Jack was ‘raw and real’ and they were completely taken in by her Jackanory poverty stories . #nojam.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Just caught up on the last thread, seems there is alot of sold tickets on at the same time as her. Wonder why that is? I thought trolls only bought her tickets?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
To continue from the previous thread, I think she is delusional and has a view of herself completely distorted from the reality. She’s convinced herself she lived in poverty, convinced herself that her backstory is all entirely true and convinced herself she’s this excellent maverick cook.

I believe when she sets up things like the kickstarter, the Patreon and even the Sue Lee fiasco, she genuinely thinks she’s going to deliver what she’s promised even though anyone else can easily see she won’t. (this doesn’t excuse that she doesn’t in any way)

I believe she believed she was moving and all the delaying now is because it was never going to happen in reality.

Consequently I think she saw the Shattenstone article as a lovely one written by her mate.

If she hadn’t, she’d have gone hard on how he’d taken advantage of her when the lecturer and others, entirely rightly, pointed out the issues with the setting for most of it. She was gifted an out, an opportunity to say she’d been put in an awful situation and then had her words twisted that Shattenstone and the Guardian would have found very hard to deny or deflect from - and she didn’t, because she genuinely thought that article made her look great.

Something is very, very off with the way she views everything and I think it’s getting worse as time goes on.

• Heart
Reactions: 101
To continue from the previous thread, I think she is delusional and has a view of herself completely distorted from the reality. She’s convinced herself she lived in poverty, convinced herself that her backstory is all entirely true and convinced herself she’s this excellent maverick cook.

I believe when she sets up things like the kickstarter, the Patreon and even the Sue Lee fiasco, she genuinely thinks she’s going to deliver what she’s promised even though anyone else can easily see she won’t. (this doesn’t excuse that she doesn’t in any way)

I believe she believed she was moving and all the delaying now is because it was never going to happen in reality.

Consequently I think she saw the Shattenstone article as a lovely one written by her mate.

If she hadn’t, she’d have gone hard on how he’d taken advantage of her when the lecturer and others, entirely rightly, pointed out the issues with the setting for most of it. She was gifted an out, an opportunity to say she’d been put in an awful situation and then had her words twisted that Shattenstone and the Guardian would have found very hard to deny or deflect from - and she didn’t, because she genuinely thought that article made her look great.

Something is very, very off with the way she views everything and I think it’s getting worse as time goes on.
This is such a thoughtful and insightful point. She might well believe her own nonsense, but I don’t think her intentions are good, we’ve seen how many times she’s been disingenuous.

Reactions: 59
Jack does all that Sarah Awkisome self-belief manifesting shite. Which fits with her “if I say it, it’s true” narc worldview.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Side-note, we’ve got so used to it, but the name Shattenstone still makes me laugh. Crazy name, crazy guy!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.