Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Observ@h

Morning ninnies. Did anyone else see Chris Packham’s piece about his libel case last night?

I had a moment of self reflection about it (full disclosure - I’d had a couple of Saturday night gins). Is what we do here - the mithering and critique - online bullying?

CP had been subjected to a horrifying campaign of abuse, lies were told about him by the huntin’ shooting fishing types. His property was set on fire, his family harassed and abused. But the campaign against him was based on fabrications and misrepresentation.

In this little corner of the internet, we mither about the actual things JM does, her own tweets and (in)action. Her manipulation, the fact she takes her Patreon subs each month and does not deliver on her promises. She exaggerates her brief period of being a bit skint, identifies with those in desperate poverty, used her child as a prop (red cheeked from cold, no jam, dragged round the streets with her whilst she looked for work) when she had a loving and supportive family living nearby as well as his father. She portrays her comfortable upbringing as ‘dirt poor’, working class.
I love this post @Flivver and also the words from @MoistenedGussets about us not being high school jocks knocking books out of Jack’s hands.

We don’t police each others posts on Tattle, but seeing as you mentioned it, here are some thoughts I’ve had for a while.

We sometimes have a tone of the higher moral ground on Jack’s threads. Rightly so when we talk about the ongoing grift, the repeated inconsistencies, the Wiki which is an amazing piece of crowdsourced evidence, the likely impact of drugs, the possible level of £££ thousand she’s made, the misrepresentation of medical issues and identities….a lot to expose. We have done great work and far outshone the mainstream media in shining truth onto her activities. How many Tattlers does it take to prove that Jack‘s recipes just don’t work?

But some of the regular in-jokes tip over the line IMHO. Lingering honk, appearance, dress sense etc. “She smells, she’s dirty and she’s ugly” is classic misogynistic bullying. Do we need to hear yet more about her dirty hands/rug/house? And every woman discussed on Tattle gets the same, from Katie Price to Mrs Meldrum to Jack Monroe.
If we want to be better than others, then we can be. In some ways we already are - we don’t deadname, and we call out when people do. Perhaps we could also consider before throwing out yet another “she looks like she smells”.

Love you all. Keep being your hilarious selves. Not policing tone, just joining in with the discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

Whiffy McBiffy

1685402127543.png

Getting shitfaced ✅
Fucking off to Brighton on a Sunday, when she could be helping her son with his homework ✅
Silly made up story about a 45 year old man, who talks like a poster you'd find on the wall of a kitchen ✅

10/10. Mum of the year

• Haha
Reactions: 84

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
So you have a 6:30 train and you are setting the alarm 6:01, 6:02 etc. I am feeling so anxious on her behalf. She’s not allowing herself time to shower/wash with a flannel, get dressed etc. she may think she’s a chaotic cute smol pixie but she’s actually disrespectful adult. Who on earth posts like this? People have paid money to see her and she obviously doesn’t give a toss.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 84

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Did Jack go raving? She's barely mentioned it.

no no I think that's portrait mode

I shouldn't but I am absolutely cackling at "Julie of Norwich", that needs to be a R4 play about something like a Shirley Valentine type who decides she's had enough with all the nonsense and walls herself up in her garden shed with a cat
“Did Jack go raving? She's barely mentioned it.”

Thread title nomination please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
It'll turn into the Yorkshire men sketch if I get started but...
Jack's early life is such that I can only dream of.

Just based in what we know, it seems like she was handed so much and still believed she deserved more. Just the job at the fire service.. people dream of working for the fire service.. and she was handed it in a plate. Then the local paper, how many people would love to get their foot in the door of journalism? Millions I'd wager.

When I were a lad, me dad would come home after working 26 hour shift at mill, kick us good night with his hob nail boots before setting fire to our beds to get us up so we could go down t'pit for 12 hours... And we were lucky...
Exactly!

and as a Frau who was growing up down the road from Jack, and who actually was deprived of opportunity due to class status and access to capital etc., it just boggles my mind that she is the way she is. Yeah I was jealous of the kids from comfortable families, the girls who got to have ballet and music lessons, of course I was. There were lots of things I couldn’t have, and various reasons for not being able to have them, but the main reason was no money. But I was also aware that plenty of my mates were having a worse time than I was. My parents were together, Dad’s work was low paid but the roof over our head was largely secure; there was some serious illness in our family which was a constant source of stress and misery; and my parents did hit us (they thought it was normal then, they know it’s not now) but they didn’t beat us or abuse us like some of my friends’ parents were doing to them. We always got something for Christmas and birthdays, and that wasn’t true for all my mates. We didn’t have really nice food (except for when Grandad would come round with his Leigh treats, the cakes and shrimps!) but we always had some food, even if it was just something Ma had scraped together out of cupboard bits and flour - and there were times we had a couple of my schoolmates round for tea regularly, even though they weren’t actually my schoolfriends, specifically because Ma knew they weren’t getting fed at home at the time and wanted to make sure they had something. I always had a library card because it was free, so I always had books around. Not everyone had that, and some of my primary schoolmates thought I must be really clever simply because they knew I read books at home, and they didn’t.

So ever since I was in primary school I’ve always known I was lucky, even when I was sewing my own sock holes up (that’s prob a bit four Yorkshireman but it’s true 😂). I’ve always been grateful to my mum and dad for doing what they could. If they knew more, if they had more, they would have done more. But, they did what they could; and although I’ll always be a bit sad I didn’t get opportunities when I was younger, and although I’ll always be a tiny bit jealous of the people whose parents were always in a position to support them, I’ll also never forget that I’m actually one of the lucky ones - so I’ll always do stuff to help other people where I can. So I struggle to understand how Jack didn’t recognise her immense relative privilege and - if she really wanted to help people - why she didn’t make genuine efforts to capitalise upon it to do the things she said she wanted to do. I think it comes back to what Frauen have previously noted about her wanting to be famous for anything she could be famous for, and the poverty stuff was the only thing she got any traction with. Just goes to show what a massive great charade it all is.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
Having been involved in the Kickstarter my personal opinion is she’s highly manipulative

Updates were politely requested particularly as she was so active on Twitter rather than apologise she doubled down like a toddler caught with a chocolate smeared mouth denying they’d eaten the chocolate

when that didn’t shut people up we heard how she was hauling books up steep hills whilst suffering with consumption

She’s not a good or kind person

it’s behaviour you wouldn’t accept from a child why is the lying and deception acceptable from an adult ? It isn’t

• Heart
Reactions: 80

Salmonshirt

VIP Member
Why would you go to not one, but three, raves that keep you up till 3am when you have a work engagement 3 hours later? Twat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Foxvint

VIP Member
Jack, do some more vids like this, please x

1 of the few mentions he gets is when he's convenient as a little Stephen Spielberg showcasing the best of his leading lady. I don't know of any other kids so determined to capture their mother in candid photos and videos over the years. It's supposed to be the other way round. Funny how the footage is always for her socials and not him innit.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

Geetbo

VIP Member
I am going to have to. I love this thread because of the humour. Can't find much humour in the PS threads, all a bit dark and depressing.

ETA I think that what is happening to PS and TM does need documenting and commenting on, but it's not like watching our Jack make a fool of herself...AGAIN. Sorry for shouting.
Babe, same x

I feel like if I made a knob joke on that thread nobody would find it amusing, so not really my vibe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

Geetbo

VIP Member
The replies on her insta are a strong purgative atm but this is a belter. She definitely suggested it didn't she. Like the others. Who bailed when push came to I Do.
You can just imagine her shrieking “PEOPLE SAY WE SHOULD GET MARRIED HAHAHAHA” at terrified male acquaintances.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77