Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally don’t think she started with honest intentions, she wanted to be famous, loved and adored. Just so happens that the budget cooking/ hungry post is what stuck.
I don’t know if all these things are true or it’s just rumours etc but didn’t she aggressively send out her Hunger Hurts blog to multiple newspapers or something? We’ve seen her ’talent profile’ on a website ( sorry can’t remember the name) and there is a rumour she went on X factor (tho never seen evidence of this so again not sure if true)
I think her plan was to be famous: no matter what.
Anyway what do I know I’m merely a ‘umble tattler…. I just don’t like her and all she stands for.
Babe, same x

IMO she's just a narc manipulator. It's all to service her own needs, whatever bandwagon of the day it happens to be. Hence zero support for Full Time Meals. Even if it were true that her ideas were stolen (as if), be the better person. Support it. It's apparently your thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Does it matter what your intentions are, though? I intend to be a good law abiding citizen, so if I steal a mars bar, maybe it’s a mistake.
If I steal a mars bar every week, it’s not really a mistake is it? Either I’m having some medical issue, or I’m a big thief.
If I kept stealing a mars bar from the man in the shop, I’d get someone to come in the shop with me and say I’m sorry, I don’t know how it happens please kick me out if I come in the shop again. I’d pay in advance for a box of mars bars in case I nicked one again by mistake. I’d see my GP. I’d really try to not steal mars bars.
Or maybe you’d shakily present the shopkeeper with a handwritten note and a basket full of Mars Bars telling him not to serve you any Mars Bars because not only is the basket full but also your pockets and he would softly gently tell you to duck off.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Ooh I forgot to spill my tea from Thursday! Tbf is so insignificant it just slipped my mind.
I had my meeting with the prison people and, as suspected, no one has any memory of working with Jack Monroe for anything related to prison or ex offenders.
There were representatives from several organisations that deal with both the food served in prison and one that does hospitality apprenticeships for prisoners. It's called Springboard and they are really good.
Never heard of her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102
Ooh I forgot to spill my tea from Thursday! Tbf is so insignificant it just slipped my mind.
I had my meeting with the prison people and, as suspected, no one has any memory of working with Jack Monroe for anything related to prison or ex offenders.
There were representatives from several organisations that deal with both the food served in prison and one that does hospitality apprenticeships for prisoners. It's called Springboard and they are really good.
Never heard of her.
So the fish lasagne woman could have been LYING???

1685272106778.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Everyone with a personality disorder I've ever known (several, sadly, because I'm the sort of fuckwit who falls for a sob story and gives people the benefit of the doubt) has been totally divorced from objective reality and of the opinion that saying something is the same as doing something. Also absurdly aggro - will pick a nonsense fight with someone clearly in the right but be utterly convinced they're onto a winner.

It's frustrating... if someone has a mental illness and is, for example, having a psychotic episode, they might be convinced their delusions are real in that moment, but there is a possibility they can come back to earth. For people like Jack, they appear relatively grounded on the same planet as the rest of us, then will rip you off while genuinely believing you're somehow victimising them. It's maddening. The cognitive dissonance of dealing with people like this is mind altering. Whatever her intentions, she believes her actions and lies are always justified because she's the victim and deserves x y z.

I think the only cure is a lobotomy (for me, not her).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I agree that no one should berate for her natural appearance (she is/was conventionally attractive, but that is irrelevant to what type of person she is). I think once Jack starts playing with fillers and botox, then lying about it, she leaves her self open - Pringles, for fucks sake.

I do think if Jamie Oliver prepared food with dirty hands he would get an equal kicking.
Agree. I think knocking grooming *choices* is fair game. Choices don't happen in a vacuum and women in the public eye are damned if they do damned if they don't with botox and fillers but to deny it and blame yer crisps is gonna get a roasting from me everytime.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I try not to comment on her looks. She's marketed herself as a 'literal food expert' and regularly shows herself prepping food with dirty nails. That's just gross and anyone else doing it would be called out too.

Anyway the whole kitten thing made me void of any sympathy for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I don't think anyone on here has ever called her ugly? Commenting on (bad) work she's clearly had done but denies while claiming she's too poor to buy shampoo is another thing altogether.

And if a self-professed "literal food expert" can't even be bothered to wash their hands/scrub their filthy nails before taking pictures for their social media promotion/cooking on national TV, of course people are going to comment on it. Nowt to do with misogyny IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I do think if Jamie Oliver prepared food with dirty hands he would get an equal kicking.
I agree, it’s perfectly fair to criticise her dirty hands/nails when her supposed job involves preparing food. Jamie Oliver or “Fingers” Kerridge or our own Andy Lynes would be getting the same criticism if they did it. It’s part of her overall horrid attitude to food hygiene - like telling squigs it’s safe to use mouldy yoghurt because “yoghurt is mould anyway.”

Also agree it’s fair to criticise her for stuff she has blatantly lied about such as not getting Botox/fillers, her nose not being affected by the ❄, not Facetuning her photos etc

• Heart
I try not to comment on her looks. She's marketed herself as a 'literal food expert' and regularly shows herself prepping food with dirty nails. That's just gross and anyone else doing it would be called out too.

Anyway the whole kitten thing made me void of any sympathy for her.
Same I also try not to comment on appearance…. UNLESS, she is out there obviously fishing for compliments… such as the classic ‘you’re too pretty to be poor’ then I have no qualms. Sorry if that’s unpopular, I have no time for false modesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I do think that guest doesn't want to be a fraud and finds it difficult to admit to herself that she is. The discrepancy must put her under a lot of psychological stress, and I can imagine how it might feed into her negative behaviours - especially the procrastination / avoidance stuff.

It's something that can only get worse as the grift continues, though - so it's hard to see what she can do to make things better for herself. Suspending the Patreon and offering refunds to anyone who asks for one would be a good start.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Yes, I agree - repeatedly bragging about how she’s always told she is “too pretty to be poor”, “too pretty to be gay”, “too pretty to be a Guardian columnist.” It’s not about her looks, it’s the way she stereotypes others. If she is “too pretty to be poor” is a poor person ugly? It’s like how she likes to emphasise that she wasn’t one of those “Jeremy Kyle” poor people

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I generally agree re comments re appearance but Guest distorts her images and words and you are left wondering what is real.
I mean Shrunken head - how can you not comment? It was truly bizarre. As a species we do notice and point out the stuff that doesn't look right, like the filthy nails when she is kneading dough or a collapsing nose. I think in the beginning we tried not to mention her appearance too much. The nails were noticed from early on, she had filthy nails in 2020 but also in photos from years before. It's clearly an ongoing problem. The one I should feel guilty about is veiny cock hands. We did that a few times in 2020. She probably can't help that unless the smoking and drugs cause that. I've tried not to mention them for a while. To Guest, I will apologise for that. Not the coke nose though, she knows what happens if you play with fire. But then there are the urban decay black eye pic, thot shots and the black fishing images. Or the shots where she makes herself look thinner. Those are harmful, deceitful images. I think it's OK to question their integrity and joke about the ludicrous aspects. Perhaps the worst ones are where she looks ill (possibly fake) but is canoodling that poor emaciated kitten. They are sickening pics. She is exuding narc glee and fragility (calculated) whilst abusing and manipulating an extremely ill baby. Just so she can manipulate more money from followers. Saying she smells might be a little unfair but she does have filthy habits, again the nails but also the dirty rooms, the filthy kitchen on national TV. We know she spends hours socking it online Somo time to clean. Her deceased rabbit's accommodation was filthy, no indication of it being cleaned regularly. Her video sorting out the junk room, the clutter pics etc etc. This is not someone who cleans regularly be it her house or herself. The dog with matted fur, the possible cat sick in one picture. The filthy spoon drawer (sorry Mancbee). I don't think it's too much of a stretch to suggest hygiene is poor. And when somebody is constantly blotto on drink and drugs, are they really brushing their teeth or showering on the regular? Of course that brings me to her teeth. She probably can't help them but again what role do drink and drugs play? She certainly has gingivitis and the number one cause after smoking is poor dental hygiene. The woman can't look after herself, she certainly should not have sole care for any animals or children. We said it back in 2020, she needs help, from a proper organisation for her actual issues, not pretend alcoholism. A little wholesome living wouldn't hurt her.
Come on Guest, time to address your narc issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I personally think guest is a bully, whether she's doing it herself or directing her comments club gang to do the dirty work for her. She has said some extremely mean things to people on twitter, so if others take a pop at her, well, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Honk. The End.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Or maybe you’d shakily present the shopkeeper with a handwritten note and a basket full of Mars Bars telling him not to serve you any Mars Bars because not only is the basket full but also your pockets and he would softly gently tell you to duck off.
And never go back. And also go back, embarrassed buying the Guardian with my face on the front saying “I am a mars bar stealer”

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Credit where it's due, I'd like to thank Jack for keeping quiet this weekend while I desperately try and keep up with the PS threads.

Last night one poster was asking for an okay to get time off work and I really wanted to reply 'Lyn says it's fine' 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.