Jack Monroe #477 I wish all millionaires cared about others like you do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Id hate to be THAT person , just kidding i love being that person, but i thought she doesnt make mistakes like ever due to autism or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Ooh, that IS interesting. From Jack’s old Insta, it seemed to me that she and Fox were very good friends for a short while, which
co-incided very precisely with Jack’s trans/wanting to remove double d’s phase. I got the strong feeling that she was ‘Bridget Fonda’ing Fox.

(eta to add: or do I mean Jenninfer Jason Leigh’ing?, 🤷🏽‍♀️ 🤦🏽‍♀️)

Quoting myself like a ninny to correct reference to Insta (should have been Tumblr), my bad!

Also, where did she say that she hated/never drinks gin? Asking for a friend, lol.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Where was her voice on the 150 year old tree 🌲? She winge'd about 'her' eucalyptus, not a word for the Southend oak

Reactions: 25
I know we can't expect her to comment on the hot button/tragic issues of the day anymore, but I'm quite surprised she hasn't fed the Lilt rebrand news into the content machine. Could have got miles out of that, and possibly a free case of some fizzy tropical drink from some upstart pop company.

Or could have started a 'remember Opal Fruits' conversation. Poor effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Why is she having at go at Mom's family again?

Wayyyyyy back (26 February 2022), I made a passing reference to Mom's Papa being funded by some interesting organisations.

'
It's pretty much how Mom's papa is able to receive funding from unspecified parties Russians and others for his anti environment/climate change denier sceptic thinktank (that also has at least one Russian born billionaire fund manager Trustee who has donated £1.5M to the Tory party and £100K to the Vote Leave campaign plus has been directly involved in some Tory party shenanigans that led to resignations). Essentially, whilst there are laws that dictate political party donations over a certain amount must be public record, there is no such law that requires the same for other organisations such as those registered as charities (link added to show that the information was disclosed by accident Michael Hintze revealed as funder of Lord Lawson's climate thinktank | Climate science scepticism and denial | The Guardian )

Guess what organisation those people were linked to (one being a Trustee, the other being the Vice President)?

Uh-huh. Absolutely.

The IEA.

ETA: link to my original comment (8) Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi | Page 20 | Tattle Life
Does this mean Mom's shady Papa is...GRANDAD?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I know we can't expect her to comment on the hot button/tragic issues of the day anymore, but I'm quite surprised she hasn't fed the Lilt rebrand news into the content machine. Could have got miles out of that, and possibly a free case of some fizzy tropical drink from some upstart pop company.

Screenshot_20230214-183432_Twitter.jpg

B&M have beaten her to that one, the absolute bastards

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
I think I may be inadvertently responsible for this false lore, and I'm sorry, but in my defence your honour I would say that Jack's ex timeline is highly confusing and disingenuous, and in any case I had it in my head that Allegra was the one who liked tits. I'm confused and shall lie down for a cwtch with my huge crowd of imaginary friends forthwith.
She heavily implied that Allegra was the one that liked tits in one account, then seemed to go back on it - presumably realising that perhaps she didn’t want to lie about someone with enough of a public following/reputation to fight back.

Reactions: 37
Posting as a long-time lurker who first joined Tattle due to the fantastic threads on the Scottish Jack (Vonny LeClerk/Moyes/Laing). Whilst V was a grade-A roaster, she is to be admired for taking the path which is screaming “take me” to Jack. Vonny deleted all of her socials and not a whisper has been heard from her in almost a couple of years. Everything has died down and I’m sure she is living an existence which is at least more peaceful in the sense that she is offline,

But also posting because the tattoos (or rather the discourse surrounding her tattoos) is my pet aneurysm for Jack and in general life. It’s in the same vein as those posts people share where it’s like “the most accepting people I’ve met in my life have tattoos and the most judgmental ones I’ve met go to church on Sunday.” Or memes about tattoo acceptance in the workplace or showing old ladies/brides proudly showing off their tattoos with the caption “I won’t regret it.” It’s a trope that’s about 30 years out of date and is the ultimate cringe. Not a single person cares or judges you if you have tattoos. My profession is one where about 30-50 years ago, eyebrows MIGHT have been raised if you had a visible tattoo. Now almost everyone has them on show, but new people still love asking with faux anxiety whether tattoos or piercings might be ok at work. Without fail, people touting this nonsense are dull as dishwater and think their tattoos make them interesting. Only a very few Daily Mail readers over the age of 90 might raise a wrinkled eyebrow. The whole #desperatefornewink vibe. Jack’s version of this also ties in with guys stating they have a preference for “girls with tattoos” because they think it indicates the girl is edgy and wild in bed. I remember this being common on Tinder bios about ten years ago when I was on the dating scene and wasn’t a happily married old bore. Might be a lesbian thing too- not sure!

• Heart
Reactions: 84

90% vegan, too

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Quoting myself like a ninny to correct reference to Insta (should have been Tumblr), my bad!

Also, where did she say that she hated/never drinks gin? Asking for a friend, lol.
I’m trying to decide which I would punch first. Really struggling tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
She must have so much free time only sending a couple of paranoid tweets each morning. Guessing she's moving then normal service will resume. It's not like she has any other "work" to do at the moment

Reactions: 27
Canal, after @NellieBoo & @Ablemabel discussed the terrifying 'The Worm That Turned' last week I am finally watching it on the youthtubes. It terrified me as a child but it is hilarious now, if a little un-PC.
I highly recommend it as a break from the Thorpe Bay Buckaroo and her secret garden of mysteries & make-believe, though it does depict a Monroe-endorsed police state so WARNED.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It's like how Sam says there that she was doing sex work in 2009-10 and became pregnant from one of her punters. The father of Jack's son definitely wasn't a punter, and she's otherwise said the sex work was around 2013
Sorry SO far behind and obviously there’s absolutely no way to substantiate it because these tweets will be long deleted but I definitely remember her pretty much saying that’s how SB was conceived on Twitter back in the day. Like it was explicitly said. It would have been around the time the book Revolting Prostitutes had its moment and some of those popular lefty sex worker accounts became popular - I remember the UN pastachips and there was a really aggressive girl who had her armpit hair as a pic at one point? They may be the same account. But those were rising accounts and all of a sudden Jack was a previous sex worker and SB was the result of that. I remember being quite surprised by it because you obviously don’t hear that everyday much less from a then guardian journalist…?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.