Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally here in real time again and was not expecting this - I have been to both these places! Full flashback to childhood holidays which centred mostly around my dad's military obsession ... despite the fact that he was about as military as Jack. Tank Dad if you will.

Tank Dad was also fond of tinned potatoes and cooked rarely but when he did it was slop. Oh LJC, am I SB?
I have been to both places as well. Military history obsessed son wanted to visit the tank museum, the only way he could get me to go there was if he came to monkey world with me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I have been to both places as well. Military history obsessed son wanted to visit the tank museum, the only way he could get me to go there was if he came to monkey world with me.
The strange thing is that until I saw that photo of the sign, I had no idea why I had been allowed to go to Monkey World at all. I am a Scottish frau so not remotely local. If it hadn't been Bovington adjacent I'd have had no chance!

Back on topic, Jack's take on war is not what anyone needs. It is somehow more offensive than her slop and that's saying something.

Reactions: 30
I bet she is floundering now.
She loved the attention for a couple of weeks and it has now dried up. She was probably hoping the This Morning appearance would lead to a regular slot but the unappetising 'don't think about what's in the sausages Phil' put paid to that.
There is not a hope in hell her Index will ever see the light of day. I doubt she has even started on it. It is a matter of when she can discretely drop it from her bio and cry bullying if it is ever mentioned.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
@TheDragonWithAFlagon as a charity laws frau, can people ask TT how much Mackie has donated? Well, would TT have to tell you I guess I’m asking.

That's the problem. Because she's doing it as a private individual, there isn't a right to know from her as there would be from a registered charity. The whole reason why her non compliance with charities legislation and good practice is problematic.

For TT, they'd potentially be at risk of breaching GDPR if they disclosed it without permission as it relates to a payment from a private individual.

It doesn't hurt to ask, though - as it's a very public collection, it may be seen as important to them commercially to confirm that the donation was made and is in order to avoid an internet hoo-ha about one of their 'faces' raising money for them and then not making the payment. In the interests of transparency, as it were to prevent an impression that TT allow charity scammers in their name. And if they were asked, they would most likely respond with either an answer or 'for reasons of GDPR, we are unable to release this information' whilst contacting JM to ask how to handle this before it all goes Smartprice pearshaped.

It's pretty much how Mom's papa is able to receive funding from unspecified parties Russians and others for his anti environment/climate change denier sceptic thinktank (that also has at least one Russian born billionaire fund manager Trustee who has donated £1.5M to the Tory party and £100K to the Vote Leave campaign plus has been directly involved in some Tory party shenanigans that led to resignations). Essentially, whilst there are laws that dictate political party donations over a certain amount must be public record, there is no such law that requires the same for other organisations such as those registered as charities (link added to show that the information was disclosed by accident Michael Hintze revealed as funder of Lord Lawson's climate thinktank | Climate science scepticism and denial | The Guardian )

In a nutshell, if JM doesn't produce a huge photo of her handing over the money and TT saying 'thank you very much for the £10,000+ donation, Bootstrap Cook', we can assume that she didn't, but wouldn't know for certain. The only way we would definitely hear of it is if TT follow their legal requirement to pursue her for the money through the courts without that, as then the evidence she would have to provide to a court would be of the amount she made through the tacky fascist hoodie website and of the payment made first to her and then by her to TT (and the other unspecified charities).

But surely, you ask, as it must be entirely up front and there is no intention of skimming off a fuckton, forgetting it was resting in her account,The Russians hacked her Go Henry card and stole it all because her brother's so important in military intelligence or The Cabal Have Done It because they're all Vlad sympathisers, it would be beneficial for her to treat it like the photo of upside down tins labelled Jack Monroe and use it for PR?

That is very true and I'm glad you asked me that question.

It would be tragic if 'for the safety and privacy of her family' she didn't disclose the amount raised and subsequently donated, as then that would foster distrust in online charity fundraising and the Trussell Trust in particular. So she'd really have no choice but to be completely transparent rather than damage the TT, fundraising in general and would have to take that step to protect her reputation, which, as we know, is so very, very important to her. After all, her Tory enemies (and a certain Ms Hopkins) would absolutely love it if she were suspected of being a tin can pot charity scammer. And then she couldn't help the Poor because her reputation would be shot to pieces.

Your move, Monroe. We await your announcement with the Trussell Trust confirming the exact sum that was donated, preferably along with the final payments made by Teemill when all can see every penny that was paid to you and where/to whom it has gone. After all, you are aware of the importance of honour what with coming from a military family. Let's be seeing that in action before anybody gets the wrong end of the pointy stick and starts thinking of the sort of headlines the Tory Press would love such as 'Bootstrap Thief' or 'She claimed to raise tens of thousands of pounds for food bank charity - now they are SUEING for the cash'.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Thanks. Hopefully a naive squig will pop up and ask, but I doubt it.
Not that it’s Teemill’s fault but I wish they would announce the amount they send to Jack.

Reactions: 36
Jack should release a cover of the Dad's Army theme song for the war effort. It could be played over loud speakers to clear unwanted interlopers from trouble spots.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I had a chat with a colleague today who ...out of the blue ....told me about her arthritis, ADHD and allergy to tomatoes. Naturally I asked them if they had heard of our plucky heroine, and their response was "oh my god, I love Jack Monroe"

Oh duck off
You found a squiggle in real life! The way to get the answer to the question

• Haha
Reactions: 45
do I want to know? I probably don’t want to know do I. But tell me pls
I bet she is floundering now.
She loved the attention for a couple of weeks and it has now dried up. She was probably hoping the This Morning appearance would lead to a regular slot but the unappetising 'don't think about what's in the sausages Phil' put paid to that.
There is not a hope in hell her Index will ever see the light of day. I doubt she has even started on it. It is a matter of when she can discretely drop it from her bio and cry bullying if it is ever mentioned.
It does make me wonder if the slightest sniff of work makes her very ill, then why does she bother. I mean of everytime I went and did a bit of work and them I spent the next day sick then I think I would decide that said job was not for me...

She's like what of those old Christians that used to self flagellate everytime they had a dirty thought, except with her it seems to be everytime she has to work she panics over sells herself and makes herself sick. It's not a healthy work life relationship. Just sayin

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It does make me wonder if the slightest sniff of work makes her very ill, then why does she bother. I mean of everytime I went and did a bit of work and them I spent the next day sick then I think I would decide that said job was not for me...

She's like what of those old Christians that used to self flagellate everytime they had a dirty thought, except with her it seems to be everytime she has to work she panics over sells herself and makes herself sick. It's not a healthy work life relationship. Just sayin
In some moments, I think that she panics every time she appears on TV or radio or says something quite controversial on SM, which results in her ruminating over it for hours and this is why is she constantly ill.

The Jack we saw after DKL was the consequence of her rewatching that 2 week car crash over and over again, pulling apart every minute detail.

But then, in other moments, when my sympathy is waning, I think there is absolutely no ability to self-reflect and her constant “I’m ill” tweets are just attention seeking and another way for her to gain patreon £££.

WFK.

• Heart
In some moments, I think that she panics every time she appears on TV or radio or says something quite controversial on SM, which results in her ruminating over it for hours and this is why is she constantly ill.

The Jack we saw after DKL was the consequence of her rewatching that 2 week car crash over and over again, pulling apart every minute detail.

But then, in other moments, when my sympathy is waning, I think there is absolutely no ability to self-reflect and her constant “I’m ill” tweets are just attention seeking and another way for her to gain patreon £££.

WFK.
I have never failed as badly at work as Jack did at DKL (don't imagine many have!) but the thought of her watching that back and scrutinising the awfulness almost makes me feel sorry for her ... almost.

Luckily she will no doubt do/say something awful again today which wipe away any sympathy I have.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What is all of the fuss about the word outwith? It's a perfectly normal everyday word, think phrases like it is outwith my control.

Is it because I am Scottish? The real type of Scottish who used to go over Jack's favourite bridge twice a week before the pandemic?

Has someone kept a note of dates and screenshots fromthe T-shirt site? All mentions of charity are gone now so all profits go to her. I want to make sure she can produce accounts publicly for the dates she said all money was going to charity.
The evidence has left.
Deploy cat (singular)

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
That's the problem. Because she's doing it as a private individual, there isn't a right to know from her as there would be from a registered charity. The whole reason why her non compliance with charities legislation and good practice is problematic.

For TT, they'd potentially be at risk of breaching GDPR if they disclosed it without permission as it relates to a payment from a private individual.

It doesn't hurt to ask, though - as it's a very public collection, it may be seen as important to them commercially to confirm that the donation was made and is in order to avoid an internet hoo-ha about one of their 'faces' raising money for them and then not making the payment. In the interests of transparency, as it were to prevent an impression that TT allow charity scammers in their name. And if they were asked, they would most likely respond with either an answer or 'for reasons of GDPR, we are unable to release this information' whilst contacting JM to ask how to handle this before it all goes Smartprice pearshaped.

It's pretty much how Mom's papa is able to receive funding from unspecified parties Russians and others for his anti environment/climate change denier sceptic thinktank (that also has at least one Russian born billionaire fund manager Trustee who has donated £1.5M to the Tory party and £100K to the Vote Leave campaign plus has been directly involved in some Tory party shenanigans that led to resignations). Essentially, whilst there are laws that dictate political party donations over a certain amount must be public record, there is no such law that requires the same for other organisations such as those registered as charities (link added to show that the information was disclosed by accident Michael Hintze revealed as funder of Lord Lawson's climate thinktank | Climate science scepticism and denial | The Guardian )

In a nutshell, if JM doesn't produce a huge photo of her handing over the money and TT saying 'thank you very much for the £10,000+ donation, Bootstrap Cook', we can assume that she didn't, but wouldn't know for certain. The only way we would definitely hear of it is if TT follow their legal requirement to pursue her for the money through the courts without that, as then the evidence she would have to provide to a court would be of the amount she made through the tacky fascist hoodie website and of the payment made first to her and then by her to TT (and the other unspecified charities).

But surely, you ask, as it must be entirely up front and there is no intention of skimming off a fuckton, forgetting it was resting in her account,The Russians hacked her Go Henry card and stole it all because her brother's so important in military intelligence or The Cabal Have Done It because they're all Vlad sympathisers, it would be beneficial for her to treat it like the photo of upside down tins labelled Jack Monroe and use it for PR?

That is very true and I'm glad you asked me that question.

It would be tragic if 'for the safety and privacy of her family' she didn't disclose the amount raised and subsequently donated, as then that would foster distrust in online charity fundraising and the Trussell Trust in particular. So she'd really have no choice but to be completely transparent rather than damage the TT, fundraising in general and would have to take that step to protect her reputation, which, as we know, is so very, very important to her. After all, her Tory enemies (and a certain Ms Hopkins) would absolutely love it if she were suspected of being a tin can pot charity scammer. And then she couldn't help the Poor because her reputation would be shot to pieces.

Your move, Monroe. We await your announcement with the Trussell Trust confirming the exact sum that was donated, preferably along with the final payments made by Teemill when all can see every penny that was paid to you and where/to whom it has gone. After all, you are aware of the importance of honour what with coming from a military family. Let's be seeing that in action before anybody gets the wrong end of the pointy stick and starts thinking of the sort of headlines the Tory Press would love such as 'Bootstrap Thief' or 'She claimed to raise tens of thousands of pounds for food bank charity - now they are SUEING for the cash'.
I'm really not a very knowledgeable frau so apologies in advance... But can charitable donations be used in your annual tax self assessment to reduce the amount of tax you have to pay?

Reactions: 21
That's utterly shameless.
I find it so weird that this is one of the few things she was honest about. Like, WHY would you admit to doing something so stupid, when literally no-one else would have known otherwise.
I would not count on her being honest about that there are at least two versions of the spoiling the ballot paper,

Although for the count she did scamper to the Groucho Club to ostentatiously take notes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm really not a very knowledgeable frau so apologies in advance... But can charitable donations be used in your annual tax self assessment to reduce the amount of tax you have to pay?
Not ones like this. This is fundraising. Those donations you make from your earnings and offset the tax but not sure how it works. Fundraising it’s never your income or taxable I think. if she keeps it she’d have to declare it as income &add it to her taxable earnings.

Reactions: 27
Sir Matt of the Forearms appears to be absent from Saturday Kitchen. No guest slot for Queen of the Slops.

But @MancBee is looking mighty fine sat in the kitchen, all casual (and smouldering) in a plaid shirt. Kept that little guest appearance under wraps didn’t you? You should have been dropping breadcrumbs all week in the style of JM!

ETA: Anna Haugh is taking over for Sir Matt.

• Haha
  • Heart
The big one is 4th March. That's when she gets the £10,000 she raised from the weird fascist t-shirts. That's all going to the Trussell Trust. Anything earned over and above that or in Jock Jack parlance "outwith" that goes to other charities she's yet to reveal.
That’s right. She declared there was 10k already in the bag for TT, and hasn’t yet said which charities are getting the £000’s over and above this. I can’t wait to see which charities she’s chosen.
What a shame she made such a dick of it and done a lord of charities out of the gift aid. I truly, *truly* hope this is her downfall and she gets done for fraud. That sounds awful, but I really don’t care.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.