Jack Monroe #477 I wish all millionaires cared about others like you do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I wade in with anecdotal experience? Of two lesbians I’ve known to date a policewoman, 100% of the, were physically and emotionally abused. Just sayin.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
I know we can't expect her to comment on the hot button/tragic issues of the day anymore, but I'm quite surprised she hasn't fed the Lilt rebrand news into the content machine. Could have got miles out of that, and possibly a free case of some fizzy tropical drink from some upstart pop company.

Or could have started a 'remember Opal Fruits' conversation. Poor effort.
Good point, I think the Neckbeards would all wank themselves to death out of excitement if she did though. She needs some of them for grifting 😂
(No offence but why do people care so much about that tit anyway? Lilt has tasted like someone’s sour hole since they took all the sugar out of it)
I want to lob STARBURST at all of the boring twits.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I despise Banksy’s work as much as I despise Wonky’s work tweets!

IMO, his work is so boring and uninspiring. Art for people who have lots of money to spend but don’t know what art they actually like, and think he’s edgy, but he isn’t really. Popular does not = good (cc Ed Sheeran)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Was she trying to emulate Laurie Penny again, I wonder?

I've been in non-monogamous relationships of one sort or another for the past 20 years. It's not nearly so special or exciting or radical as people like that try to make out.

I suspect that Poly Jack wouldn't be much different from the current incarnation - love bombing new partners whilst demanding head pats and affection from existing ones with nothing in return. The big difference would be that anyone with other partners besides Jack would be able to compare her behaviour to theirs and realise just how out of line she is. I don't think that would work out well for her...
Agreed. I know a 50 something year old lady, pillar of the community type, who lives as part of a throuple. No one really cares bar occasionally finding the whole set up vaguely amusing as she is outwardly very straight laced.

Reactions: 31
Sorry SO far behind and obviously there’s absolutely no way to substantiate it because these tweets will be long deleted but I definitely remember her pretty much saying that’s how SB was conceived on Twitter back in the day. Like it was explicitly said. It would have been around the time the book Revolting Prostitutes had its moment and some of those popular lefty sex worker accounts became popular - I remember the UN pastachips and there was a really aggressive girl who had her armpit hair as a pic at one point? They may be the same account. But those were rising accounts and all of a sudden Jack was a previous sex worker and SB was the result of that. I remember being quite surprised by it because you obviously don’t hear that everyday much less from a then guardian journalist…?
It also happened that time her stalker appeared at the coffee shop they both worked at, she was so scared and happy he protected her and one thing led to another later at the flat.
Also, they only did it once she knows the exact time and date of conception.
Also, he was much wanted after trying before (father not specified) miscarriage is implied

Its like that Big Bang episode where they find the letter from Howard’s Dad saying why he left and they give him 8 different reasons, so that he knows but doesn’t know the reason because they’re all heartbreaking.
---

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Gosh. Not sure what to think about this!

eta - I wish someone would also sue Patreon for enabling and facilitating the grift.
I remember seeing that account before, it looks so dodgy.

Some people were suspicious it might be the same person as another single-issue anti-Jack account, one who genuinely is a troll.

• Wow
Reactions: 30

Some people were suspicious it might be the same person as another single-issue anti-Jack account, one who genuinely is a troll.
There is something really unsettling feeling about it, but they don’t really seem to be doing anything wrong as far as I can see from a quick look. Mods, pls delete if it shouldn’t have been mentioned here, and apologies!

Reactions: 20

I think it is a dodgy account but in terms of advice I think they're spot on (I'm more familiar with the Scottish system) but they look on the right track. Personally I would have fully redacted the address as even half a postcode just gives in her ammunition for one of her strops.

Reactions: 42
Can I wade in with anecdotal experience? Of two lesbians I’ve known to date a policewoman, 100% of the, were physically and emotionally abused. Just sayin.
I’ve dated a policewoman and whilst she was selfish and a bit of a headfuck I wouldn’t say she was abusive. Having also dated a couple of policemen when I was younger before I came out I would say that lots of police officers have some very skewed morals and there are lots of extra marital affairs within the force.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
It reads like a template letter which the person has added the details on, making it a bit stilted and legalise so it reads badly. I’m guessing it’s on point for a pre-action letter though. Could do with being picked up by MSM.

Reactions: 28
I’ve dated a policewoman and whilst she was selfish and a bit of a headfuck I wouldn’t say she was abusive. Having also dated a couple of policemen when I was younger before I came out I would say that lots of police officers have some very skewed morals and there are lots of extra marital affairs within the force.
I have some family members in the police and they definitely have a certain personality type. You are quite right about the affairs. I think it happens a lot within high pressure jobs.

Reactions: 36
Quoting myself like a ninny to correct reference to Insta (should have been Tumblr), my bad!

Also, where did she say that she hated/never drinks gin? Asking for a friend, lol.
isn't that the belle dress that jack bought to make ✨ all of SB's dreams come true ✨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
I still don't understand why she hasn't just paused the Patreon? (Aside from the obvious reason, insert Dire Straits riff)

But on the money for nothing subject, why not just direct people over to Kofi? Or is that risky because you can see what people donate on there :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 35
ACAB includes the women.

Jack loving and baking cakeys for police in the same timeline as cops are murdering women and denying hate crimes against murdered trans children, but she thinks they'll protect her if she makes them rinsed spaghetti hoops or whatever really checks out.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.