Jack Monroe #475 If you have Eamonn Holmes, place him on top of the chicken for added flavor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She does have a penchant for things being upside down, lest we forget both the upside down pineapple chicken and upside down fish pie six millennia in the making.

ETA: also the upside down numbers on her horrid tattoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Definitely OT but all this public information films reminds me of a gig we went to a couple of years ago in Lancaster. As a frau of a certain age the Scarred for Life chaps (they are on the hellsite and Facebook) put on a brilliant show of all things terrifying from your 70s childhood (mine was drowning in the slurry pit, dying from rabies and that bloke from Salems Lot). It’s a show that has all you have mentioned and it’s nice to wallow in gory nostalgia with your peers.

Back OT, I am hoping tomorrow brings us photos of tiny one bedroomed forever home that we all know about. Oh and I have been mithering about holidays this summer and my OH can’t understand why I want to go to Essex. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Are we supposed to be discreet about our period products? Particularly in our own homes? Oh. I missed that. But then, I'm a silly old ninny and missed the bit that posting the contents of my son's pants over the internet forever is ok. So what do I know.
I know. Period products have a similar use to toilet roll in terms of where and why it is used. Whilst I don't hang them in their glitzy yellow rippable bags as bunting, nor do I hide that I require an absorbent product to keep myself hygienic and clean. The same as I don't hide the loo roll in a giant plastic-"brass"(?) pineapple.

I live here. I want to be clean. I keep my products where I can easily get to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Yes! See also (or not, as the story line goes) The Day Of The Triffids. Absolutely terrifying.
---

That is an amazing fact! I love this thread 😊.
OMG I was terrified of the Day of the Triffids!

i was also terrified of one of 'the worm turns' or whatever is was on the Two Ronnies. I remember a corpse falling out of a wardrobe on a train. I was terrified of my wardrobe for YEARS.

the 70s and early 80s were disturbing times for kids 🥴

we were either shitting ourselves or bored senseless by Val Doonican.

ETA: I just remembered Sapphire and Steel. I might be misremembering but wasn't there an episode where a baby grew to adult size v b quickly. 👀 I can only assume all that weird tit was some hangover from all the drugs the creatives took in the 60s.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I stand corrected. Now, about the door knocker....!
I think it's a twee little "joke" for checking if room is occupied
---

I know. Period products have a similar use to toilet roll in terms of where and why it is used. Whilst I don't hang them in their glitzy yellow rippable bags as bunting, nor do I hide that I require an absorbent product to keep myself hygienic and clean. The same as I don't hide the loo roll in a giant plastic-"brass"(?) pineapple.

I live here. I want to be clean. I keep my products where I can easily get to them.
You just made me imagine a whole row of teeny pink knitted ladies as individual tampon covers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

i was also terrified of one of 'the worm turns' or whatever is was on the Two Ronnies. I remember a corpse falling out of a wardrobe on a train. I was terrified of my wardrobe for YEARS.

It was The Worm That Turned dearheart. I thought it was funny. Not sure what that says about me. Diana Dors was amazing in it! Pretty sure that it was tempered by Petula Clarke or Shirley Bassey shows immediately after though. Saturday nights were the best nights in our house when we were kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes! See also (or not, as the story line goes) The Day Of The Triffids. Absolutely terrifying.
---

That is an amazing fact! I love this thread 😊.
I’m embarrassed to admit this after seeing this again recently, but Tremors scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Even Jack slop couldn’t cause such a clear out 😂

I hate it when she’s lurking but not posting. If I wasn’t so tired I’d compare it to her waiting like the huge demented slugs in the above film for a tremor/tweet to bring her lurching out of hiding to bite someones head off with a starting HONK!

• Haha
Reactions: 27

My Dad used to say the most interesting thing about him was his name was Lav Nacinood backwards :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’ve had wine and there is no chaos.
Thanks Jack,
Friday ruined.
I feel you. She's gonna tit the bed and only the early birds will be here. With their bags. #justice4iqbal. The rest of us will be snoring through our hangovers, bingo cards thrown to the floor hours earlier in disappointment.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I used to hide behind the sofa when the Incredible Hulk changed 🍉 and don’t even get me started on Worzel Gummidge TAKING OFF HIS bleeping HEAD!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 43

ETA: I just remembered Sapphire and Steel. I might be misremembering but wasn't there an episode where a baby grew to adult size v b quickly. 👀 I can only assume all that weird tit was some hangover from all the drugs the creatives took in the 60s.
I love that these threads are so esoteric (but also hugely welcoming, hello lurkers) that this isn't even the first time The Worm That Turned has been mentioned around these parts.

And now I've gone full nostalgia, shout out to the time @Walkdengirl posted an image of The Place to see Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy and Bernard Manning but we'll gloss over that.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Jack doesn't

1676070528083.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I love that these threads are so esoteric (but also hugely welcoming, hello lurkers) that this isn't even the first time The Worm That Turned has been mentioned around these parts.

And now I've gone full nostalgia, shout out to the time @Walkdengirl posted an image of The Place to see Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy and Bernard Manning but we'll gloss over that.
Someone please tell me they also have no idea what any of this means 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.