Jack Monroe #460 Foghorn Beghorn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know how we all said that Jack missed a trick when she failed to put slow cooker and air fryer recipes in, particularly given she has been using slow cookers for *checks notes* 10 years?

Looking on her old insta at a 2013 post, I think it was probably best that she didn’t include those recipes.

CB61B4C7-F2F5-4851-8095-8C009A2351BD.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 141
You know how we all said that Jack missed a trick when she failed to put slow cooker and air fryer recipes in, particularly given she has been using slow cookers for *checks notes* 10 years?

Looking on her old insta at a 2013 post, I think it was probably best that she didn’t include those recipes.

View attachment 1877106
"Someone's been playing with their slow cooker... :))"

Yea, might eventually turn it on. DIRE.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

View attachment 1877106
Looks like my food waste bin when my OH (not left) forgot to close the lid the day before a storm.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
Just listened to B&R. They take her DOWN! Shame this is subscribers only. But nothing new to us, just GK and The Guardian article.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Yes!!! Like you’ve articulated it perfectly thank you, I’m not being rude about Christians or any other faith group as I had a religious upbringing/school education that I’m v grateful for but there is just something so othering about the cover? Like this isn’t how a run of the mill 30 something presents it’s actually quite creepy.
Same-Catholic upbringing but I recognise the type from school Christian Union trips. Guitars, camp fires & guilt. She looks like the woman our school roped in to tell us about the ‘Billings method’ of contraception (don’t look it up, trust me. It’s all about mucus & the woman who tried to brainwash us into it started off explaining she had 7 kids, blissfully unaware most of us were already shagging boys & getting free condoms from the local family planning clinic near school)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53

View attachment 1877106
It looks like she's cooked the dead gull she was holding.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
I intend to buy her book, keep it by my side in the house at all times and read it out loud in as nasally a voice as I can manage as though I 'could be wearing a nose peg' (thank you, Simon, *snort*) to entertain piss off and quickly get rid of any unwanted visitors.

So for that, I thankyou Jack Monroe. :)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

View attachment 1877106
Mother of God... It looks like a frog yomping next to some unruly labia. Dire.
CB61B4C7-F2F5-4851-8095-8C009A2351BD-01.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 93
It's that kind of sneaky religion thing that puts me off, like you'll just be reading a cookbook then BAM they'll start sneaking bits of religion in and before you know it you're signed up to a church that isn't even a nice real church but in someones house or a weird hut.

Sorry, I was taken to a puppet show by Christians as a child and the whole thing turned out to be a trick- I'm still really bitter about the whole thing.
I was on a rollercoaster in Las Vegas at the top of a bloody hotel and the man sat next to me tried to convert me. Absolutely ruined my shitting my pants moment.

I have not allowed Jesus into my heart since that day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
I just thought the mithering fraus would like to know that my local big Tesco had all five copies of GriftyKitchen still on the shelf. No Bored of Lunch, only one Pinch of Nom.

Also, I was greatly pleased to see only one Spare on the shelf and only two left in the big cardboard display. I won’t rush to read it myself but anything that gets the Daily Mail knickers in a twist has to have something going for it!

ETA the other sold out space on the top shelf was THAT MAN!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Lads - since we are early in the thread I am finally in real-time (and we appear to be inter-chaoi) I thought I'd just give new frauen and herren a quick update on the wiki - we always say to read it at the beginning of each thread but actually it's now quite large, and it has grown organically, so it's not in the best possible order...

Anyway - here are some tips if you want some light bedtime reading:

- Start on wiki 1 - Jack for Dummies (first section) + read thread 31
- Wiki 2 has two really great sections to remind you of events from the beginning of the poverty - 'notable blogs' and 'notable events / chaoi' since 2012 - eminently penned by @witchofwestbyfleet

2022 was the first year that we properly documented the chaoi in real-time (although obvs we have receipts from previous years) - it starts on wiki 1 and got too long, so concludes on wiki 2. It's well worth a read as it's now in chronological order for the whole year.

It turns out there was a major chaos EVERY SINGLE MONTH of 2022! We started to log the thread titles along with the updates half way through the year, so it's easy to find the tea on a specific thread, if you want to read back in full.

There is lots more, but if you're new - these are good places to start :). HTH...

For info:
- Wiki 3 contains only frau fiction - some excellent works in this section :).
- Wiki 4 has all the chaos and receipts to date of 2023.
- I should also shout to the Slopalong - which also has its own page, and features Honorary Frau Andy...

Also paging @That Forensic Man - tenderstem if you could poss update the new stock take in the wiki, that would be marvellous - I saw it has increased to c.£160k recently! If it's too long to fit on Wiki 2 dear heart - feel free to move it to Wiki 4...

• Heart
Reactions: 78
I don't think we're even close to understanding how much this has bombed yet.

Remember her early mock ups? I think it was meant to be so much more. A household manual in the line of the Dorling Kindersley DIY handbooks etc. to be referenced in every kitchen for good budget meals and moneysaving tips and tricks.
Hence the big bold hardback. The bold expectation of it buying her forever home?

But Jackass, being her, was too lazy to actually put the work in. Yet more of her grandiosity without the effort. Remember the over promise but under deliver comments and the last last last minute edits?

The poor editing tells me they'd had enough of pushing her and just wanted it out and the crap marketing tweets and puff pieces in news and magazines makes me think they're desperate to push a few copies because the publisher has lost a lot of money when it could have been so much better, especially in this climate.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
Screenshot_20230112-164128-01.jpeg

Time for a game of... SWAMP OR SUPPER

One of the images is of food, one is of swamp.

Is it a frog with some fungi? Some berries steeping for a dessert? Which is Edible and which is Binable?....

Trick question, they're both binable..

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.