Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WoolyMammoth

VIP Member
Saw a stat on the news earlier. 1 in 5 getting into debt to pay for basics like energy and food. People are at absolute breaking point and I feel so sorry for anyone in this position, especially in winter. It's just awful and people deserve the basics in life.

So why on earth isn't the country's leading not poor anymore or in years person not engaged with sorting this out? Millionaire Martin Lewis has spent a lot of time trying to help people and he seems genuinely passionate about it. He's always been more geared towards saving money and maximising your money rather than helping with low income and basic goods price crisis. Yet here he is attempting to fix it. Where's Jack? Tweeting about Jack.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

jenny2603

VIP Member
I don't know if this is a dumbo question but much has been made of Jack Monroe thanking her book-buyers for paying for her forever home in the foreword of Grifty Kitchen.

Are we to assume that she got a decent advance to be able to make such a bold statement? Or is it just pure arrogance on her part,expecting the book to sell very well?

Either is fine by me because it either means her publishers are looking for ways out of their contract with her or she's got egg on her face because the book bucks will not be rolling in. Do I sense another beg incoming?
I suspect she already had the money she needed for the forever home before GK was published. The bit at teh front of the book was just a cover story for where the money came from.

• Haha
  • Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
As for the Northern Lights, she'll be lucky. My mate 🍉 has just come back from a Hurtigruten cruise to Tromso and only saw them on two nights. He said they were "underwhelming" and the cruise staff said that this year has not been great for seeing the Northern Lights.

So good luck sighting them in Scotland Jack.

• Haha

WhyYouCry?

Chatty Member
This move is so fucking boring. How many times has she told us she’s moving? How many times has she told us the new place is smaller than her current one? How many shits does she think people actually give?

• Haha
  • Heart

Queenvictoria

Well, well, well. The landlady is now Mother Teresa… is someone perhaps worried she is going to speak to the press?

• Haha

Ablemabel

VIP Member
I have parents like this and every year I end up in tears on my birthday because I always wonder why I am not worth loving or the effort when they buy top of the range stuff for themselves and I got wrapped up Hypervalue tat. It's so corrosive and really does effect self esteem.
Oh lovely, it's not that you are not worth it. Not at all. Please try not to think that. My mother was the same. If she could be bothered to give me any gift (and more often than not she didn't) she would thrust it at me telling me it was something she was given that she didn't like/want and then in same breath show me some spensy item she had bought herself as a treat. It's taken me many years and many tears, but I know it said nothing about me and everything about her.

She's done the same with my kids. Two of them she never even sends birthday cards to, which has helped me understand it's all her toxicity.

(I tried to spoiler this but my buttons are greyed out)

• Heart
  • Sad

jenny2603

VIP Member
Just listened to B&R. They take her DOWN! Shame this is subscribers only. But nothing new to us, just GK and The Guardian article.
I've just listened to it. Nothing new in terms of info but I always find the reactions of people less familiar with Jack to her nonsense quite funny. My favourite line in the whole thing was "she's not only a grifter but a particularly gross one".

ETA: A few belters from a squig who is listening to the podcast.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 17.14.09.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
That was VERY quick for a complaint to go in to a governing body and be reported to everyone including Jack!
It's almost as if she saw the chat here about his weird and inappropriate Twitter account here yesterday and decided to start writing fiction.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hunsgraveyard

VIP Member
What a start to 2023 for Jack:

- book flops
- massive increase in negative response to her
- loads of shade from various media
- looks like more investigations incoming
- manages to get caught out libeling/slandering agency stablemate Michael Portillo (who costs the same)

Can't help but feel it's truly unraveling now and is unsaveable, a proper slow motion car crash.

Good 🖕🖕🖕🖕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
"Inexpensive but lovely places to stay, that are accessible by public transport and amenable to large bouncy dogs..."

Wasn't she asking for this back in the summer? And then proceeded to do the square root of sod all with her poor boy. She's had his entire childhood to share experiences with him but instead chose to fuck off with her endless parade of short-term partners to America, Cyprus, Venice, Spain, and fuck-knows-where else, now he's almost a teenager and won't want to do as much with his mum, she wants to make up for lost time?

"Budget tight" after the "I spunked tens of thousands on sideboards" revelations...really!?

And sure, it's the people calling her to account for her decade-long campaign of lies and grifting affecting him now, not mamapapa's array of addictions, exposure to her monthly mental health crises and suicide attempts, a revolving door of parent figures, bullying/ostracisation at school due to the completely inappropriate stuff she shares online, et fucking cetera.

Why is she such a massive cunt

• Sad
  • Heart

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Didn't she tell us she was taking him to a dark sky park in Scotland as part of the Summer of Memories? How did that go Jack?
A whole 6 weeks off school for adventures that didn't happen but reckons she can fit in a trip to the most northerly point in Scotland in a weekend .....FFS!

• Haha
  • Sad

Bumbear

Lads - since we are early in the thread I am finally in real-time (and we appear to be inter-chaoi) I thought I'd just give new frauen and herren a quick update on the wiki - we always say to read it at the beginning of each thread but actually it's now quite large, and it has grown organically, so it's not in the best possible order...

Anyway - here are some tips if you want some light bedtime reading:

- Start on wiki 1 - Jack for Dummies (first section) + read thread 31
- Wiki 2 has two really great sections to remind you of events from the beginning of the poverty - 'notable blogs' and 'notable events / chaoi' since 2012 - eminently penned by @witchofwestbyfleet

2022 was the first year that we properly documented the chaoi in real-time (although obvs we have receipts from previous years) - it starts on wiki 1 and got too long, so concludes on wiki 2. It's well worth a read as it's now in chronological order for the whole year.

It turns out there was a major chaos EVERY SINGLE MONTH of 2022! We started to log the thread titles along with the updates half way through the year, so it's easy to find the tea on a specific thread, if you want to read back in full.

There is lots more, but if you're new - these are good places to start :). HTH...

For info:
- Wiki 3 contains only frau fiction - some excellent works in this section :).
- Wiki 4 has all the chaos and receipts to date of 2023.
- I should also shout to the Slopalong - which also has its own page, and features Honorary Frau Andy...

Also paging @That Forensic Man - tenderstem if you could poss update the new stock take in the wiki, that would be marvellous - I saw it has increased to c.£160k recently! If it's too long to fit on Wiki 2 dear heart - feel free to move it to Wiki 4...

• Heart

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
I know we’ve always regarded the Dead People merch volumes with with much distrust but I think the book sales are further evidence that there’s no way she made comparable T-shirt sales, which I think they would’ve been to account for profit and 10k donation. She was totally hoist by her own Pumble on that one.

• Heart
Reactions: 77