Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please, please let that happen. Carole Malone being AWAY brought my favourite thread ever*. It starts off pretty normal, then we get some forensic Jack Covid timelines, then it gets a bit grim, but then it descends into some kind of SEO chaos.

The whole thread was around 24 hours, in that weird week between Christmas and New Year.

*yes even more favourite than thread 31. More lols and less Jack.

ETA. SO much happened in that thread, but somehow we found the time to explain Jimmy Nail to all our Fraus outide of the uk!
That thread was glorious. Was Jack lying* about Covid or was she going round coughing her 'rona germs on vulnerable people because she wanted a fish supper?

*Yes, Jack is always lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
View attachment 1794572
Just a reminder that our new tea-time classic serial, GRIFT AND GRIFTABILITY, continues this Sunday with episode 3 of the much-loved drama.
Mr Elton has persuaded Emma Woodhouse to paint a portrait of Highbury's newest and most mysterious resident, Miss Monroe.
But will she be too much for Emma's skills to capture on canvas?

That's GRIFT AND GRIFTABILITY, Sunday tea-time.
I'm looking forward to this much more than the next installment of "Harry and Meghan's [Whine-Fest] Documentary".

I got a keyboard. I can't sing or read music. I should do well then, that is all.
Very much looking forward to your bathroom-tile-echo performance of a Tom Waits song!

Reactions: 18
Who reckons Jack will have a Twitterstorm about the BBC documentary on Alcoholics Anonymous?

She will ride, or create, a wave of drama around her "struggle" and being saved.

Frau's should contrast the grounded, thoughtful, austere attitudes of the AA members with Jack's chaosing and flareups and blowup.

Reactions: 25
Did anyone see this last week, from Jack’s agent? I never seen it on here so apols if posted already.
Interesting that Jack no longer mentions her agent in the bio but she’s clearly still there.
View attachment 1795279
I missed this entirely. This to me reads like a passive-aggressive "We told you to stay off Twitter, and we're watching you. So don't think you can pull a fast one on us and get into online fights without us noticing. We're going to talk about your Tweeting when we meet today."

Or perhaps the "catching up" meeting was "you're too much work for too little reward, bye now".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Just noticed that Jack admitted Currys were sending her kitchen freebies early on, so all that was bollocks.

1670646073104.png

Jack, sinä olet vittu, that looks nothing like maksalaatikko and you serve it with lingonberry you total twit.

Sinä olet koko kusipää.

My ancestors are actually offended.
6 years down the line she actually admitted she shouldn't have even gone there, while reposting said joulutorttu/pinwheel biscuit recipe :rolleyes:
It even made it into AYI120R

1670646606974.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Just noticed that Jack admitted Currys were sending her kitchen freebies early on, so all that was bollocks.

View attachment 1796005

6 years down the line she actually admitted she shouldn't have even gone there, while reposting said joulutorttu/pinwheel biscuit recipe :rolleyes:

View attachment 1796007
LIVER AND SULTANA CASSEROLE??

I had to find this for myself and she was not joking - it actually exists. Anyone in need of a seasonal emetic, here you go: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/201...le-christmas-liver-and-sultana-casserole-30p/

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
@kachoochoo was gifted a case of Yakult from Slopbot 👀😂

I reckon Jack will be at the parents, or will be busy being held in the supportive arms of many wonderful friends, or some shite.
I don’t care as long as she leaves the cheese alone.

I had a look at Amazon.

THAT Man is currently number one best seller.

Jack is currently 181 based on pre orders I assume.

THAT man is top of the ‘most wished for’ also

any publishing fraus know what you would be selling to be 181?
Depends on the category! If that’s overall cooking books it’s actually pretty good 😡

I thought the nature of an oncologist job was to be friendly. I mean they are giving people the worst news of their lives, seeing them through tremdous pain and hardships. I mean forgive me, but i would say empathy would be almost important as their qualifications.

Not everyone is a snarky little twit to their clients petal!
The only time i could see one being pissed off if is someone is sadfishing for attention etc.
I’ve started to wonder if that was regarding her SILs diagnosis rather than about her, but then the stupid twit was bleating about having a “dark mass” on a scan investigated in her shoulder when the only “dark mass” you would EVER get on any sort of scan is a full bladder 🙄🙄🙄 so WHO FKN KNOWS

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
I think a lot of recipes have been deleted from her blog, but most are on Archive.

And here’s some vintage Jack I found along the way. Finnish Christmas dinner with weird little fish as an alternative to prawn cocktail. But then, I should cut her some slack since she was also a sex worker/sleeping rough at this time.

I don’t know how accurate this tool is, but it gives you estimated sales based on rank. Her bestsellers rank is 12,979 overall in books.

View attachment 1795384
Ahh, i enjoyed reading the comments. People having been telling her the food looks like grey slop for a decade.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I don’t care as long as she leaves the cheese alone.

Depends on the category! If that’s overall cooking books it’s actually pretty good 😡

I’ve started to wonder if that was regarding her SILs diagnosis rather than about her, but then the stupid twit was bleating about having a “dark mass” on a scan investigated in her shoulder when the only “dark mass” you would EVER get on any sort of scan is a full bladder 🙄🙄🙄 so WHO FKN KNOWS
It would be concerning if your bladder had migrated to your shoulder, maybe that’s why it’s so ouchie. I think I have sleep deprivation hysteria, send night nanny-os.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
LIVER AND SULTANA CASSEROLE??

I had to find this for myself and she was not joking - it actually exists. Anyone in need of a seasonal emetic, here you go: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/201...le-christmas-liver-and-sultana-casserole-30p/
Aside from the fact that it sounds and looks gopping, how on earth does that feed six people????
I've just done a very quick calorie count and its about 250 cals per portion for six. Maybe a Christmas side dish but not a main meal, no way

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Christmas tips

Air fryers are bleeping awesome for meat, roast vegetables of all kinds: potato's, parsnips even roast carrots.
petitpois are awesome and everybody loves them.
loads of stuff including pigs in blankets, roasties, yorkshire puddings can be cooked in advance and reheated.
Gravy can be done beforehand.
in fact 90% of tit can be done even days before the big day to save you time.
nobody really likes wet stuffing, bake the duck out of it and crisp it up.

I'll take my book deal now thanks.

#ChactFeckerXmasTips
We airfried our turkey during covid . Was amazing and took like 2 hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It shrivels my peelings that, in the description of Grifty Kitchen on Amazon, it still says that she's working on the Voracious Bum Infection.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 47

View attachment 1796005

View attachment 1796007
I do understand changing things to suit your families and new traditions - one Finnish tradition is to have a rice porridge on Christmas Eve and my dad is Scottish so that changed to having oat porridge with sugar, cinnamon with an almond hidden in; a cool fusion of both sides of my family!

I do not understand totally changing recipes, masquerading as tradional recipes and being proud of presenting an abomination.

ETA: and the arrogance!

• Heart
It shrivels my peelings that, in the description of Grifty Kitchen on Amazon, it still says that she's working on the Voracious Bum Infection.
Yeah, come on Jack the ONS and all those economists and statisticians are rubbish.

The world is waiting for your new way of calculating inflation.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

View attachment 1796005

View attachment 1796007
The Finnish recipes look shite but I will say at least she tried something a bit different than her usual christmas tips she always gives (get a chicken instead of a turkey and use bollock sausages instead of pigs in blankets). I suppose at least she actually put the work in and attempted some recipes at this point. If she was asked to do the same now, she’d probably just gold spray a peach and chickpea curry and call it a day.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
May I softly, gently return to this tweet:

A17297DF-3557-47CF-8680-F89506100B5F.jpeg

1. who is going to laugh at this non hilarious quip: the cat? The dog? Will they be lolling about as if someone had sprayed gold paint on a triffle?

2.Why are you making jokes when your child is fragile and snuffling? And everything that exists in your world is between the snuffles (also, wut?)

• Sad
Reactions: 47

View attachment 1796007
This is the most baffling sentence in all Jacklore:

“A few years ago, the Guardian asked me to write a recipe feature on a Christmas dinner inspired by Finnish traditions.”

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.