Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👀 It was me that put her family tree together. WARNED, Jack.

ETA gutted they missed out her excuses about it being her evil sister that doesn't exist though
That’s now known as the Bear defence. “I might have a mad evil twin”.

Sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with anything being posted about Monroe right now, but whenever I see the words "humiliating trousers", I genuinely burst out laughing. What's the script with them?!
Not many people know this, but my full name is Big Dave’s Humiliating Trousers are Totes-Hilare, but I did a spoonerism of my hyphenated last name to hide my identity

I know we’re supposed to keep it on tattle, but my favourite Tesco own brand jam has disappeared from online shopping, and my second favourite is St Dalfour which is spenny. In these circumstance, should I tweet Jack to get her to sort it out?????

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
She claimed that her family were so poor when she was growing up that her dad had to hitch-hike 30 miles to work whilst wearing his firefighting uniform, which was particularly humiliating.

Original screenshot from @Sparemethebollocks - but see also the this discussion on thread 380, for instance.

The canal has since speculated that her love of particularly awful trousers - whether they be eye-searing Viv Westwood (RIP) tartan numbers, or £9 cuffed denim joggers - comes from some sort of humiliating-trousered solidarity with her father.
Thank(space)you!

Reactions: 16
it's lovely to rub shoulders (sorry for bodily analagy in totally yuk circumstances) with so many other fraus on the bear thread) Not even going to mention Yakult

That’s now known as the Bear defence. “I might have a mad evil twin”.

Not many people know this, but my full name is Big Dave’s Humiliating Trousers are Totes-Hilare, but I did a spoonerism of my hyphenated last name to hide my identity

I know we’re supposed to keep it on tattle, but my favourite Tesco own brand jam has disappeared from online shopping, and my second favourite is St Dalfour which is spenny. In these circumstance, should I tweet Jack to get her to sort it out?????

Shite, I cocked that up.

Right back on topic, ummm, give me a moment...

Edit: I wonder what Jack is doing for Christmas? Anyone got any predictions?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
it's lovely to rub shoulders (sorry for bodily analagy in totally yuk circumstances) with so many other fraus on the bear thread) Not even going to mention Yakult

Shite, I cocked that up.

@kachoochoo was gifted a case of Yakult from Slopbot 👀😂

I reckon Jack will be at the parents, or will be busy being held in the supportive arms of many wonderful friends, or some shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Shite, I cocked that up.

I reckon she’ll tell us she’s been out in the freezing cold selling matches for pennies

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Please can a kind frau help a gal out, and point me in the direction of her tiny little bleak pretend Christmas dinner?

That picture makes me laugh so much! Want dry mouldy veg peelings from the drawer with that?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Did anyone see this last week, from Jack’s agent? I never seen it on here so apols if posted already.
Interesting that Jack no longer mentions her agent in the bio but she’s clearly still there.
EB42F4D5-72E3-401C-B9F8-B08143493ABD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Pineapples always put me in mind of the Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega. When he was deposed/captured by the US the good people of Panama celebrated in the streets with whole pineapples on sticks. The pineapples were a reference to Noriega's badly pock-marked acne scarred skin. Honestly, I can't remember where I put my sewing kit but I remember this from over 30 years ago.
Working memory, such as the location of items like sewing kits, is a fickle and flighty thing that's basically non existent in some people and can be almost obliterated by certain hormonal conditions. In thirty years you'll remember exactly where you put it, just sit tight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I had a look at Amazon.

THAT Man is currently number one best seller.

Jack is currently 181 based on pre orders I assume.

THAT man is top of the ‘most wished for’ also

any publishing fraus know what you would be selling to be 181?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Please can a kind frau help a gal out, and point me in the direction of her tiny little bleak pretend Christmas dinner?

That picture makes me laugh so much! Want dry mouldy veg peelings from the drawer with that?
I think a lot of recipes have been deleted from her blog, but most are on Archive.

And here’s some vintage Jack I found along the way. Finnish Christmas dinner with weird little fish as an alternative to prawn cocktail. But then, I should cut her some slack since she was also a sex worker/sleeping rough at this time.

I had a look at Amazon.

THAT Man is currently number one best seller.

Jack is currently 181 based on pre orders I assume.

THAT man is top of the ‘most wished for’ also

any publishing fraus know what you would be selling to be 181?
I don’t know how accurate this tool is, but it gives you estimated sales based on rank. Her bestsellers rank is 12,979 overall in books.

081A4F4F-3314-4C0A-AF0F-D2A37270B665.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Jack, sinä olet vittu, that looks nothing like maksalaatikko and you serve it with lingonberry you total twit.

Sinä olet koko kusipää.

My ancestors are actually offended.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
This is only partially on topic - it’s relevant to Jack breadcrumbing illness, as she recently did about SB - but remember how she posted that “chat with a friendly oncologist” tweet? Well, does anyone ever wonder if she actually DID get an oncologist or two in her DM’s? And if she did, what do you think she said to them? Just imagining that it was probably an incredibly awk convo

Reactions: 30
And a little more vintage Jack for Christmas. She was apparently on the One Show for Xmas 2013 making a Mumsnet chicken that serves eight. Plus the bollock sausages instead of pigs in blankets (which then reappeared in the Express as if they were some genius idea).

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I think a lot of recipes have been deleted from her blog, but most are on Archive.

And here’s some vintage Jack I found along the way. Finnish Christmas dinner with weird little fish as an alternative to prawn cocktail. But then, I should cut her some slack since she was also a sex worker/sleeping rough at this time.

I don’t know how accurate this tool is, but it gives you estimated sales based on rank. Her bestsellers rank is 12,979 overall in books.

View attachment 1795384
A choice of sprat salad or prawn cocktail on caramelised grapefruit. Suddenly rinsed hoops look an appealing alternative

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
This is only partially on topic - it’s relevant to Jack breadcrumbing illness, as she recently did about SB - but remember how she posted that “chat with a friendly oncologist” tweet? Well, does anyone ever wonder if she actually DID get an oncologist or two in her DM’s? And if she did, what do you think she said to them? Just imagining that it was probably an incredibly awk convo
There is no way any medical professional would respond to that absolutely and completely ridiculous request she tweeted for a “friendly oncologist”. Nutcase. (Jack I mean!)

Reactions: 37
She eventually came out with some bobbins about an ouchie shoulder that was just a benign mass or something, but I think other fraus noticed that someone adjacent in her or SB’s family had cancer at the time, so she was probably trying to appropriate their symptom/steal attention

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.