Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That PR week blurb is as infuriating as it is misleading. duck sake.
Tempted to write to them to complain

Reactions: 42
I think Jack was very frightened by it (and I suspect was probably told by at least one person she shouldn’t be which isn’t really fair to a kid) but I also think it got her attention. Mama H was clearly quite rattled by it and I wonder if, like the birth mark, it meant her attention was focused on Jack not the foster children for a short period.

She really seems to have the impression you only get attention/sympathy if you’re ill or if something traumatic has happened and I genuinely think that’s rooted in the fostering, which also explains her resentment towards the foster children. It’s probably not that uncommon a feeling/impression for children in that situation, but Jack is unique that she’s not grown out of it.
Chapeau. This is a fantastic summation of what’s likely going on with Jack. Explains so much. Thankspaceyou for the insight.

Reactions: 24
Any Liverpool players playing?
I haven't got a clue but I presume Jack doesn't either.
That loving them was a strange interlude, even for her.
Don't know about LFC players but I think Sir Marcus of the Kickyball is playing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
That PR week blurb is as infuriating as it is misleading. duck sake.
Tempted to write to them to complain
The only saving grace is they didn't mention by name the Veiny Bollock Index.
Other than that so many inaccuracies and taking her nonsense at face value.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Don't know about LFC players but I think Sir Marcus of the Kickyball is playing.
Ah yes Sir Marcus of the kickyball, a notorious associate of Fingers Kerridge. Don't leave your treasured slop recipes lying around with that pair on the loose!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The amount of food she/Mrs J consume(d) in bed is absolutely disgusting. Where's your civility?!
Yeah, I don't understand this.

Sure, I can see how eating in bed might appeal if you live with other people, when your bedroom is the only part of the house that's yours. And even if there's somewhere there to sit, it's likely to be a chair at a desk or an armchair at best - so if you want to eat in private whilst slouching, then it's going to have to be the bed.

But Jack's got a 140 m² multi-storey bungalow. Even with a partner and SB in residence, there's enough room to have a bedroom each - together with multiple reception rooms, several hallways and landings that are big enough to sit in, a dining room with a 10-seater table, at least 3 sofas, seating space in her kitchen, whatever she has in the shed and other outbuildings, the egg chair in the garden, and on, and on, and on...

Plenty of places to sit and eat - or slouch and eat, or lie and eat - alone, or with others. Why mess up the bed?

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I'm probably having a false memory about the abduction, but when Jack talked about it wasn't there some significance about the coat she (Jack) was wearing? It was red I think? But I can't recall why it was relevant.

Reactions: 18
A squig has made a Jack slop! You don't see many slopalongs in the wild. I shudder to think what horrifying illness that is the perfect medicine for.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 19.05.33.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.