Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the nature of an oncologist job was to be friendly. I mean they are giving people the worst news of their lives, seeing them through tremdous pain and hardships. I mean forgive me, but i would say empathy would be almost important as their qualifications.

Not everyone is a snarky little twit to their clients petal!
The only time i could see one being pissed off if is someone is sadfishing for attention etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Does anyone know if Carole Malone is going AWAY this year? I've been saving up my veg peelings for two years in anticipation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I think a lot of recipes have been deleted from her blog, but most are on Archive.

And here’s some vintage Jack I found along the way. Finnish Christmas dinner with weird little fish as an alternative to prawn cocktail. But then, I should cut her some slack since she was also a sex worker/sleeping rough at this time.

I don’t know how accurate this tool is, but it gives you estimated sales based on rank. Her bestsellers rank is 12,979 overall in books.

View attachment 1795384
"I'd like a few peppercorns, a bay leaf and a teaspoon of mustard, if you please?"

*Slaps 11 pence down on the shop counter.*

She's a stinking sprat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I’ve done the doors off tour of Oahu 🔺and there is the Dole Plantation from the helicopter! Miles and miles of ground growing pineapples. And the Dole Whip 🤤🤤 soooo good!
I have actually visited the Dole Plantation in Oahu 🔺 and can confirm that the gift shop sells pineapple themed EVERYTHING but you cannot buy a pineapple. Needless to say they had the last laugh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
This is only partially on topic - it’s relevant to Jack breadcrumbing illness, as she recently did about SB - but remember how she posted that “chat with a friendly oncologist” tweet? Well, does anyone ever wonder if she actually DID get an oncologist or two in her DM’s? And if she did, what do you think she said to them? Just imagining that it was probably an incredibly awk convo
If any friendly oncologist did slide into her DMs it would be to say "if you're worried, the first step is to make an appointment with your GP." The various medical governing bodies frown hard on making a diagnosis without seeing the patient.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Christmas tips

Air fryers are bleeping awesome for meat, roast vegetables of all kinds: potato's, parsnips even roast carrots.
petitpois are awesome and everybody loves them.
loads of stuff including pigs in blankets, roasties, yorkshire puddings can be cooked in advance and reheated.
Gravy can be done beforehand.
in fact 90% of tit can be done even days before the big day to save you time.
nobody really likes wet stuffing, bake the duck out of it and crisp it up.

I'll take my book deal now thanks.

#ChactFeckerXmasTips

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
OK i'm gonna take a hit on this one but an American lady taught me how to make half decent yorkshire puds.

She calls them popovers.
but the recipe does work!

the most controversial thing is that the fat goes into the batter and NOT the oven tins.

i'm not joking it works!

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Christmas tips

Air fryers are bleeping awesome for meat, roast vegetables of all kinds: potato's, parsnips even roast carrots.
petitpois are awesome and everybody loves them.
loads of stuff including pigs in blankets, roasties, yorkshire puddings can be cooked in advance and reheated.
Gravy can be done beforehand.
in fact 90% of tit can be done even days before the big day to save you time.
nobody really likes wet stuffing, bake the duck out of it and crisp it up.

I'll take my book deal now thanks.

#ChactFeckerXmasTips
I like wet stuffing 🥺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I like wet stuffing 🥺
You were brought up wrong.
I'm so sorry for what you had to endure. - it's not your fault. i repeat, it's not your fault.

please accept these NOT dire potatoes (ensure you start at the timecode linked)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack, sinä olet vittu, that looks nothing like maksalaatikko and you serve it with lingonberry you total twit.

Sinä olet koko kusipää.

My ancestors are actually offended.
Looking up the recipe shows that, at the very least, the liver is ground. Her pic looks like whole chicken livers sauteed with...something green? Not a casserole, really. The recipe for Joulutorttu also looks a bit off--like it would be tough. She has butter and flour but all the other recipes I saw had additional fat like ricotta, cream cheese, cream, or just more butter.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think a lot of recipes have been deleted from her blog, but most are on Archive.

And here’s some vintage Jack I found along the way. Finnish Christmas dinner with weird little fish as an alternative to prawn cocktail. But then, I should cut her some slack since she was also a sex worker/sleeping rough at this time.

I don’t know how accurate this tool is, but it gives you estimated sales based on rank. Her bestsellers rank is 12,979 overall in books.

View attachment 1795384
Noooo leave Finland alone. One of my great aunts is Finnish and her adult kids are over 6 feet, I wonder if I could get them to pick Jack up and hurl her in the sea* for Iku-Turso to eat.

* joke disclaimer because Jack has no sense of humour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The Edinburgh Nutribullet is with me. Slopbot gave it to me.
I feel like if Jack never posted on social media again, and stopped grifting, your post would just tie everything up so nicely.

“The Edinburgh Nutribullet is with me. Slopbot gave it to me.”

The End

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Does anyone know if Carole Malone is going AWAY this year? I've been saving up my veg peelings for two years in anticipation.
Maybe they could bring Carole in as a replacement Jack whilst she's away sulking about being exposed as a stupid grifter. I think Carole could do a good chaos.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Maybe they could bring Carole in as a replacement Jack whilst she's away sulking about being exposed as a stupid grifter. I think Carole could do a good chaos.
Please, please let that happen. Carole Malone being AWAY brought my favourite thread ever*. It starts off pretty normal, then we get some forensic Jack Covid timelines, then it gets a bit grim, but then it descends into some kind of SEO chaos.

The whole thread was around 24 hours, in that weird week between Christmas and New Year.

*yes even more favourite than thread 31. More lols and less Jack.

ETA. SO much happened in that thread, but somehow we found the time to explain Jimmy Nail to all our Fraus outide of the uk!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.