Jack Monroe #422 Is there no beginning to her talents?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@pumbilical cord 🦉🍾 at your username dearheart x
Why thankspaceyou!

I'm delurking to vent a bit. I was 🔺️ self employed for a while, but due to a bunch of stuff had to pack it in. I was so devastated I cried into my pumble. But before I closed up I refunded or completed outstanding work.

My work defined who I was, but the issues I have that caused me to pop my life on hold while I sort them, are some of the issues the pumbilical hernia Monroe claims to have - merrily fleecing her Patreons and tip jar fedora tipping sycophants - without a care in the world.

Her apology didn't read as sincere, to me at least. Her fawning Patreon patrons' replies remind me of why I became so sceptical of the tinned food torturer in the first place.

Im not sure what my point is, or was, but it feels good to get it off my 🔺️ E cups.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
£11k profit in the first month and then less than £300 profit for the next six months? She must think we are bleeping stupid.
To be fair I kind of believe that, as she only promoted it at thebeginning and every idiot who would have bought one got one in the first burst. There is a massive tailoff in sale a of most things straight after launch

Reactions: 18
£11k profit in the first month and then less than £300 profit for the next six months? She must think we are bleeping stupid.

This all stinks of reputation management and a desperate attempt to avoid an investigation by Action Fraud.
Funny how the teemill store went down while people were talking about reporting to Action Fraud, isn't it?

• Wow
Reactions: 66
I'm sorry but I'm not buying the Teemill update at all. Whilst you'd expect a fundraiser to naturally tail off after the initial excitement, over £11,000 in two days and just £286 in six months sounds like bollocks. Also she never announced the shop was closed at any point.

• Heart
Reactions: 105
I guess That Man linking your SM on a generous post puts a rocket up your arse 🤭.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
She's previously claimed multiple times that the money generated after the initial TT donation went to smaller charities (plural), now apparently it was just one charity.

Screenshot_20221101-001354_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221101-001409_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221101-001415_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20221101-001730_Samsung Internet.jpg

And instead of simply clearing things up straight away, she allowed months of questions and speculation. As ever, things just don't add up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
We have that lil toast man
£22 Jellycat amuseable toast soft toy

The size of that bleeping table :oops:
Is that a blue button backed sofa she's sat on?
And the sheer quantity of stuff! Those Argos/IKEA bookcases are 42cm a piece wide with 7 shelves including the top, so that's 23.52m or 77 feet of shelf, and it's crammed!
Also I like how she's pretending to be hard at work while sitting 2 feet away from dozens of undelivered kickstarter copies of bootstrap cook. Twot.

ETA she really, really doesn't get it does she? You can't just say "yeah there was £200 and here's the donation". That's not what FUNDRAISING TRANSPARENCY is.
Yep-the old rule of once you’ve shown yourself as a liar, nobody takes your word for anything is the case here. Isn’t going to work Jack. For one, that’s a hell of a difference. Second, how would anyone know the actual figures-you need to show invoices from teemill detailing all sales and profits.
There’s also the PayPal stuff and how you separate out donations to media training/Lee Anderson being sued etc as nobody donating to either of those has had their money used for the intended purpose as apparently you would rather gouge your eyes out/have a pro bono arrangement.
Also, make your patreon earnings public so people can see whether you’re in need or not. A lot of people are naive and gullible & believe you’re an impoverished single mother due to your massive history of giving that impression deliberately & repeatedly. Without the full picture, those people are being conned-as is anyone who gives you money.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I love what Molly is doing but come on people, every word from that post is lifted from here. We are ghost writing Mollys posts she’s just getting it out there, and I’m glad she is, but give yourselves a round of applause ninnies. Thank you for all you do 🙏🏼😎
It is, isn't it. Go us! 😁😁😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Ugh, I should have just quit when I saw THAT MAN boosting Her Griftiness. I've caught up now but I didn't enjoy it. Just when I was beginning to forgive him for his crimes against Swedish food, he's gone and spoiled it all. Mom was a huge disappointment, but I honestly believe she didn't know what a scammer Jack is. What excuse is there for JO?

:mad: so grumpy now.

AND I have no bleeping Twix in the house!

(edited for anger🥕s)
Ehh?
What have I missed?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
No dates on the £286+ March-September donation to the Vineyard Storehouse. Which appears to have been sent as one single donation, not a series of donations through the time period she was saying it had been given to "charities" .

So has that just been sent... Very recently?!

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Holy crap

Archive 🗄
She put it on twitter as well, quote tweets already calling out patreon and lack of date on donation

1667261361069.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
She's previously claimed multiple times that the money generated after the initial TT donation went to smaller charities (plural), now apparently it was just one charity.

View attachment 1694981View attachment 1694982View attachment 1694983View attachment 1694984

And instead of simply clearing things up straight away, she allowed months of questions and speculation. As ever, things just don't add up.
There was a lot of discussion earlier about whether or not Jack is writing these updates. FWIW I think she is writing them but they've been dragged out of her by her agent/publisher. I'd also guess they're looking over a draft of the statements and possibly making changes because I don't think Jack would be able to stop herself going off one one about vile online bullies. After the publisher visit a while back, I think she's on her last chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
"when some of my followers suggested splitting the proceeds with smaller charities, I agreed. Oh boy, the headache that that caused in the end, and the maths, and the report reconciliations and checking and rechecking my homework…"

Accidental economist struggles to add up less than £300 over six months. She also asked for suggestions for smaller charities and ignored them all, didn't split the proceeds, just wanged it to her local food bank.

ETA also interested in the date on that donation receipt.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 112

View attachment 1694981View attachment 1694982View attachment 1694983View attachment 1694984

Also, who are the ‘almost a million’? Way off and I thought Jack was ‘forensic’ on figures. Even not accounting for crossover (& I imagine many of her followers are on both Twitter & instagram, it’s closer to 745k max)

• Haha
Reactions: 46
"when some of my followers suggested splitting the proceeds with smaller charities, I agreed. Oh boy, the headache that that caused in the end, and the maths, and the report reconciliations and checking and rechecking my homework…"

Accidental economist struggles to add up less than £300 over six months. She also asked for suggestions for smaller charities and ignored them all, didn't split the proceeds, just wanged it to her local food bank.
And again blaming her followers, in her not quite hidden dig.

• Angry
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.