Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ganymede

Hello. I'm a sometimes lurker moved to sign up as I need to get something off my chest. I appreciate this is harking back to the previous thread so somewhat out of flow with the present conversation so apologies for that but 'I'm Scottish' Jack has really annoyed me.

As an actual first language Scots speaker barely the right side of 50 I am one of hundreds of thousands of living Scots who went through an education system that denigrated our language. If we spoke Scots in school we were called 'stupid' and told to 'speak properly', by which they meant 'in English'. While corporal punishment was outlawed when I was in primary 3 there are people just a few years older than me who were belted for speaking Scots. There are people alive right now who were physically assaulted as children for speaking their own language in their own schools in their own country.

This went on for much of the 20th century, only ending when the then Thatcher government revamped the system in the late 80s/early90s. It (along with media and political denigration which still rears its ugly head occasionally to this day) has resulted in us having a complex relationship with our language and with English in terms of when and where we use each and how we code switch between them.

Jack Monroe knows nothing of this as she is a middle class English woman from Essex. You'd think someone who spends their life spouting postmodernist hooey online and hurling abuse at non-believers might be familiar with the concept of cultural appropriation but as so often the rules Jack seeks to enforce against other, less well off and well connected, people seemingly don't apply to her.

As a general rule I am not big on the concept of 'cultural appropriation' much of which I think would be better described as 'cultural appreciation' but Jack's 'I'm Scottish, this is how I speak' is an honest to goodness example of the former. She is a flaming hypocrite.

There, I feel better now.

• Heart
Reactions: 181

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Sorry if posted before - just catching up.
Jack posting on patreon explaining it all.
Can patreon adjacent fraus confirm this?

Screenshot_20221031_115807_com.twitter.android_edit_3268585025499164.jpg
Screenshot_20221031_115836_com.twitter.android_edit_3268607935316869.jpg
[
Screenshot_20221031_123401.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 164

Geetbo

VIP Member
Absolute scenes at the Shitty Bungalow as the Slopgibbon realises Jamie Oliver has absolutely no idea he has been involved in a blood feud for the last 3 years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 135

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
I am seriously thinking of going to the CHC conference in Cardiff on November 23rd.

For some inexplicable reason Jack is giving a keynote speech titled "How do we reduce inequality in Wales?" She is also taking part in a panel session titled "Working towards greater social equity in Wales".

This pisses me off no end because the conference is Wales specific. She doesn't live here, she probably has no idea about the various communities in Wales, and while I'm aware that these issues are faced by people all over the UK, in my view a keynote speaker should be someone who is actively involved in the community and has hands-on knowledge of the problems faced.

The only thing that is holding me back is the thought of Jack throwing out a few butchered Welsh words and suddenly declaring that she's actually 1/4 Welsh because her mother's second cousin lived in the Rhondda for a couple of months.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 128

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
UGH yet again with this ‘I’m sorry but it’s not my fault because of the many reasons’ rubbish. I’m physically disabled and I keep my promises. I work a full time job. Today I picked up my friends child (along with my own two) cooked their tea and took them all trick or treating because my friend is going through chemo and was too tired because in the real world you do as much as you can and you help those who can’t. And sorry but she’s blaming Caroline who LEFT and mental owchies and everything else yet she’s been on holiday, bought fancy things, got a dog and all sorts in the preceding two years when all she needed to do was be honest a month or two in, change her rewards, pause her patreon and process the refunds people are literally begging for instead of lying, deleting and blocking.

Absolutely sick and fed up of people using make believe disabilities to excuse their abhorrent behaviour. And then people like me get verbally assaulted in the street for not looking disabled enough and daring to be young(ish) and with a blue badge. Because people end up distrusting the disabled, thinking we’re all on benefits rinsing the system. Stop blaming disability you grifting arsehole and refund those who’ve requested it. You are NOT owed anything and if you have to grift to live, take some bloody responsibility for once and get yourself a job. After you’ve painstakingly applied on your 2020 MacBook, that is. Your every outward breath carries a lie!

• Heart
Reactions: 125

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Got some catching up to do, and I know I said I wasn't going to post the screenshots I've been sent, but fuck it. This is only a selection, all different subscribers but I CBA squiggling in different colours.

Screenshot_20221031-141407_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-141350_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-141333_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-141325_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-141300_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-141218_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221031-141245_Chrome.jpg

That last one is a particular "highlight." Willingly giving money to a scammer out of spite/to own their haterz is quite the flex. 🤡

Not a single comment that isn't showering her in praise, but then again, any hint of dissent would no doubt be deleted anyway.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 117
"when some of my followers suggested splitting the proceeds with smaller charities, I agreed. Oh boy, the headache that that caused in the end, and the maths, and the report reconciliations and checking and rechecking my homework…"

Accidental economist struggles to add up less than £300 over six months. She also asked for suggestions for smaller charities and ignored them all, didn't split the proceeds, just wanged it to her local food bank.

ETA also interested in the date on that donation receipt.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 112

Lazarus

VIP Member
And just exactly WHEN was this money donated to the Southend charity she mentions?
ETA screenshot
I have questions.
If the Southend charity received ALL of the money from 3 Feb onwards, why did Jack:
Say it was in the charity’s bank accountS already, some time ago;
Say the charities wanted to be kept out of the limelight some time ago, only to be revealed as the charity round the corner;
When was the money sent and why was it sent in one lump sum including money raised until the end of September?
When Jack seen she had a small income from Teemill at the end of Feb, March, April, May, June, July and August; why did she wait until the start of October to close down the shop and why does she only give the money recently?
Were there other charities who received money?
If she was deciding to give to the foodbank which she herself used a decade ago, why did she ask others for suggestions, and subsequently say the charities didn’t want to be harassed?

she’s a fraud. Even Stevie Wonder can see it.

ETA: why didn’t she raise funds and sell merchandise through a platform which facilitates gift aid? Teemill do this. She seemed more concerned about getting her name on the stuff than spelling it right and raising the money in a way that benefited the charities.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 112
6 pages behind but the fucking audacity of this cheeky cow - she’s spent literal years telling us and everyone on Twitter who dare speak out what scum they are, making shit up about us, saying the police are after us (lol), nefarious or mendacious or whatever Lidl Nigella word of the day she’s picked up, being an out and out cunt for years and now she’s attempting to clean up the messes we’ve been asking after for years? She’s absolute trash and she knows we’re all right about her, Jack you’re a piece of shit and I can’t wait til your income is finally fucked through the floor hun ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 111

Lazarus

VIP Member
There’s no way she could do it in an afternoon.
she hasn’t fulfilled any of her obligations in over 2 years.
take the £10 a month tier, for example.
Those on this tier should receive:
• Monthly website discount codes (the website doesn’t work and hasn’t worked this year)
• 3 limited edition art postcards per month
• a limited number of double sided, premium thickness, A5 (brand new) recipe cards with full colour photographs. On this tier, she promises that the payment is monthly but you’d receive the cards WEEKLY.

So for one person, for the past two years she’d need to
• fix and update her website, then send:
• 24 months of website discount codes
• 72 postcards
• 104 double sided, premium thickness recipe cards, featuring brand new recipes she hasn’t published anywhere else and doesn’t plan to either.
Quoting myself like a ninny, but the tiers are MENTAL!!
what on earth made her think this was realistic, and that £44 a month plus VAT was acceptable for a no mark like her? (£44 a month + VAT for 2yrs = £1,267.20)
Worse still is that people are paying it, and we’ve had proof of this.

so for one person in the £44 tier, to provide them with what they’ve paid for, she’d need to provide:

• fixing and updating her website, then sending:
• 24 months of website discount codes
• 456 limited edition art postcards
• 104 double sided, premium thickness, A5 recipe cards with full colour photographs. These recipes will be brand new and not shared elsewhere.
• 24 prints or photographs by Jack or prints or illustrations by cool independent artists
• a signed copy of her book before release - last book release was May 2020; so assuming you had this, you’d be paying £1,144 to receive Thrifty Kitchen in December rather than January.
• one mounted, signed, framed photograph of food and 23 subsequent signed and mounted ones.

ETA: that’s 608 prints, photos and postcards and a book.
for one person.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 110

LavaFlake

VIP Member
The only reason she's posted this is because of people relentlessly calling out nearly two years of failed promises on here, Twitter and potentially journos sniffing around it too.

She was happy to ignore all comments about it up until the Awfully Molly article broke.

She's only sorry because she's close to getting exposed.

Someone else definitely wrote it and until promises are continually fulfilled (not just for one month!), I ain't buying it.

• Heart
Reactions: 109

colouredlines

VIP Member
Why do people think Jack didn't write the Patreon apology? It has all the hallmarks of her writing:

* run-on sentences
* overlong paragraphs
* constant digressions
* non-stop self-pity
* odd vocabulary choices (fallow period, practicable, anew etc)
* referring to her various conditions to excuse her behaviour
* lots of references to depression and self-loathing as a form of defence

There are also specific phrases that Jack is known to use regularly - "chipping away", "making amends" (from AA as another Frau has noted, but Jack uses it a lot) are just two examples.

Go back and read Hunger Hurts 2: Electric Solar-Powered Boogaloo. Notice that the writing is stylistically identical, and also notice the underlying principle of insisting one thing while simultaneously denying it. In HH2, she was saying "I'm not poor" while also writing 1000s of words detailing her lack of shampoo, need to find a regular job etc. In the apology it's "I'm sorry, I fucked up" while every other word in the piece is all about how she is too sick, busy, depressed, neurodiverse, etc to fulfil her pledges.

(Incidentally, this is why I remain convinced that the Caroline poster was not Jack. I know other Frauen keep saying they share a writing style, but I don't see it at all.)

• Heart

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20221030_083131.jpg

Beautiful.

The staged viennetta photos she deleted after being called out made me hoot. It's so sad.

• Haha
  • Heart