Jack Monroe #422 Is there no beginning to her talents?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a lot of discussion earlier about whether or not Jack is writing these updates. FWIW I think she is writing them but they've been dragged out of her by her agent/publisher. I'd also guess they're looking over a draft of the statements and possibly making changes because I don't think Jack would be able to stop herself going off one one about vile online bullies. After the publisher visit a while back, I think she's on her last chance.
Carole, be a dear and do the granola recipe next, thank space you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Lads, I've just remembered my kid has asked me to make something with yoghurt in it. Wtf am I going to do with the rest of the pot? I mean, it's bin day on Thursday and all that, or I could tell I just can't make it because it only needs a bit. WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Step away from the kitchen, dearheart. It's not safe in there 😜🙃.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Lads, I've just remembered my kid has asked me to make something with yoghurt in it. Wtf am I going to do with the rest of the pot? I mean, it's bin day on Thursday and all that, or I could tell I just can't make it because it only needs a bit. WHAT SHOULD I DO???

I can help. So if your recipe requires 100g of yoghurt, and you have 500g. You need to ensure you have 5x every other ingredient, also, so that tomorrow, you can make the recipe, 5 separate times. Don't try and shortcut by doing it in 1 big pot. Make it 5 separate times. One after the other.

The big problem comes if your recipe requires a pinch of anything, which comes solely in quantities of say 500g. As it'll mean you're going to have to go out and purchase proportionately more yoghurt. And all the other stuff.

Hope this helps. I don't like to blow my own trumpet but I'm a bit of an armchair chef myself.

(((no I'm not I just eat things)))

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
If you run the hot hot water over a scratchy scratchy rough face cloth then dip it in the yogurt and scrub it around your face…precleanse. You’re welcome. Alternatively, after you’ve boiled down the soap, mix in the yoghurt then decant in to your spenny shower gel dispenser you’ll have moisturising body wash, it’s what Dove do #dogmuckhack. Thank me later when your entire body feels like cleopatras bum cheeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I’m enjoying my grunk, but I also have an inexplicable hat? Happy all souls day and get those rosaries out!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Funny how her Teemill “statement” fails to mention the issues with Trussell Trust, who distanced themselves from it (she hadn’t cleared it with them before she started).

Reactions: 39
No dates on the £286+ March-September donation to the Vineyard Storehouse. Which appears to have been sent as one single donation, not a series of donations through the time period she was saying it had been given to "charities" .

So has that just been sent... Very recently?!
They are a lovely Southend charity & just a glance at their facebook page shows they absolutely DO like exposure & publicity! https://www.facebook.com/southend.vineyard/

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
No dates on the £286+ March-September donation to the Vineyard Storehouse. Which appears to have been sent as one single donation, not a series of donations through the time period she was saying it had been given to "charities" .

So has that just been sent... Very recently?!
She says pieces continued to be bought generating profits of £286 between February-September, so that means either the last sale was in September, or she's just counting until when she shut it down for no real reason. So transparent.
Assuming the former it means the single donation of the total £286 must have been sent in September or October then.
But in July she was saying it had already been donated, if I'm understanding her correctly, so why not close the store then? None of it makes sense.
She's still being tricksy, I think it was donated very, very recently.

1667263935128.png

Either way she was giving it the "yeah nah" bs as of a couple of days ago so why the about face now?
Is she retweeting that 'worst days' stuff in the last couple of days because she's been forced to do it that recently?

1667264031997.png

• Heart
Reactions: 82
Lordy only knows what CHAOS tomorrow (today?) will bring. She's released that blog post quite late UK time 🤭.

Reactions: 33
Day of the Dead = day that Jack is trying to avoid her grifting career ending. RIP Jack's income stream.

I hope the Welsh housing group that booked her for that keynote speech on inequality are seeing all these mea culpas.

Reactions: 38
Day of the Dead = day that Jack is trying to avoid her grifting career ending. RIP Jack's income stream.

I hope the Welsh housing group that booked her for that keynote speech on inequality are seeing all these mea culpas.
I hope someone shows them the Very Big Inventory (aka the over £130k spenny list)

Anti-poverty campaigner my arse, the only poverty she's campaigned against is her own.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Lordy only knows what CHAOS tomorrow (today?) will bring. She's released that blog post quite late UK time 🤭.
Hoping that by morning there will be so much other news and posts that her "apologies" won't be noticed.

And yeah, she's getting some professional PR advice. That approach of "I'm delighted to announce the success of this fundraiser, thank[space]you all for contributing" is classic bad news deflection, along with posting the info at the time when it's least likely to get attention. We see you, Jack.

Reactions: 46
Decant it into a £90 SimpleHuman triple wall mounted shower pump dispenser (put different flavours in each one)
If you get a bit peckish you can pump pump and greedily inhale a fistful of yoghurt 🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I mean this disclosure about patreon and Teemill is all well and good but WHERES THE bleeping VIENNETTA LIST
Get in line, I'm still waiting for the blue cheese and steak recipe she promised in, I don't know, September? My steak's not looking too good at the moment :S .

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Didn’t expect a midnight Halloween chaos OR a hat! Am disappointed but not surprised by her explanations / “apology”. I won’t call her a liar over the Teemill stuff but she’s certainly disingenuous. I never for a moment believed she raised £11k in two days, so £286 over six months seems believable given how Terrible and expensive that merch was. Excited to see what she attempts to address next, but really I’ll never ever like her or wish her well because at her core she’s a rotten lying bully and a horrible narc mum who is only interested in saving her own Mediterranean arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Thankyou, added those along with the macbook air ✍

£999 Macbook air pink
£319 ipad (fell in a sink of hot water and bleach) (2021 £319-459)
£629 Google pixelbook (water damaged courtesy of visiting child) (£629+)

So that's at least a grand's worth of stuff drowned there (along with the airpods etc.)
Did she... did she paint a £300 kitchen aid rose gold? 😵

Thank(space)you qbp, I've got a little list of 'subscriptions' to add this to

£11pm axolotl postcard artist patreon, badge level
£10pm 3 4G plus home broadband hub
£10pm spotify
Spotify was Louisa’s

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.