Jack Monroe #422 Is there no beginning to her talents?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And how much room? How many poor people--even moderately OK people--have room in their home for that kind of set up. Plus all the other rooms/setups that she has. Jeez. So much space.
And she intends to fill every inch with stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just a thought but what if action fraud have been in touch and she‘s sprung into action to explain herself, or her lawyer has advised her to address it now to try and draw a close to the speculation (even though she answered nothing).

What if the 30p Lee lawyer money has gone on Jacks’s Jewish (why is this relevant) non pro bono lawyer, or on reputation restoration?

All I know is, I just cant wait to hear her thoughts on saving money in Wales.
Didn't her pro bono lawyer block her on twitter? And his cousin Martin Lewis stop tagging her into tweets? What a tangle web.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Just a thought but what if action fraud have been in touch and she‘s sprung into action to explain herself, or her lawyer has advised her to address it now to try and draw a close to the speculation (even though she answered nothing).

What if the 30p Lee lawyer money has gone on Jacks’s Jewish (why is this relevant) non pro bono lawyer, or on reputation restoration?

All I know is, I just cant wait to hear her thoughts on saving money in Wales.
Interesting theory but I think if it were Action Fraud, she'd be looking to address the unnaccounted Teemill donations. I think that's primarily why people have been reporting to them?

Reactions: 26
Interesting theory but I think if it were Action Fraud, she'd be looking to address the unnaccounted Teemill donations. I think that's primarily why people have been reporting to them?
It could be Trading Standards, a few people on Twitter have said they've reported her Patreon to them. It's possible TS have made contact.

Reactions: 38
UGH yet again with this ‘I’m sorry but it’s not my fault because of the many reasons’ rubbish. I’m physically disabled and I keep my promises. I work a full time job. Today I picked up my friends child (along with my own two) cooked their tea and took them all trick or treating because my friend is going through chemo and was too tired because in the real world you do as much as you can and you help those who can’t. And sorry but she’s blaming Caroline who LEFT and mental owchies and everything else yet she’s been on holiday, bought fancy things, got a dog and all sorts in the preceding two years when all she needed to do was be honest a month or two in, change her rewards, pause her patreon and process the refunds people are literally begging for instead of lying, deleting and blocking.

Absolutely sick and fed up of people using make believe disabilities to excuse their abhorrent behaviour. And then people like me get verbally assaulted in the street for not looking disabled enough and daring to be young(ish) and with a blue badge. Because people end up distrusting the disabled, thinking we’re all on benefits rinsing the system. Stop blaming disability you grifting hole and refund those who’ve requested it. You are NOT owed anything and if you have to grift to live, take some bloody responsibility for once and get yourself a job. After you’ve painstakingly applied on your 2020 MacBook, that is. Your every outward breath carries a lie!
My heart goes out to you and all the stuff you are handling with (what sounds like) grace and grit. All Jack had to do was turn off Patreon, post a very short explanation: Can't do it right now. All of which would have taken less effort and focus than buying MATCHING bleeping FURNITURE and SHOPPING LIKE A bleeping TROPHY WIFE. But I forgot, the hired help left her in the lurch. Hired help. How do you tell the world that you're a basic Karen without telling the world that you're a basic Karen?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Action Fraud or TS wouldn’t have moved this quick besides any remedy would have no affect on they would be doing

Reactions: 25
I know a shitload of people who juggle all that. And more. And freelance self employed is part of book deadline--that's what it means. I thought that she wasn't eligible for SEISS because she didn't pay taxes/get the right forms in. If so, that's on you, hon. Yes a source of stress, but self-inflicted.

And a lot of people had COVID. And a lot of people are solely responsible for their bills. And a lot of people would just say duck it to the internet if it were such a source of problems. And I didn't realize I was so angered by her bullshit today. Imma go eat a Twix and huff a puppy that's visiting downstairs.

Surprised she didn't demand to have the extras sent back to her.
Remember when twixes were bigger?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
There’s always one who has never cooked her food/ never seen her on TV.

View attachment 1694370
Why are people so angry that a man who can cook has the job? Seriously, that man is kind of annoying, I get it. But the level of hate is a bit incredible.

Everybody supporting Jackers seems to assume that all other chefs are used to throwing money around, using rare ingredients, etc. When in reality, restaurants are run on an incredibly thin margin and chefs understand the concept of "stock-taking" pretty well. Also, many cuisines have classic dishes that are not rich-people foods, dishes that are part of a chef's repertoire. Lastly, most chefs aren't making boatloads of money---or if they are, there was a long period when they were working long hours for peanuts.

So what if THAT MAN tosses some cilantro into a dish? Someone was complaining about THAT MAN and cilantro--lots of people do have it lying around because it is an integral part of their cultural menu and it isn't that bleeping expensive to begin with. Not every dish a chef makes on a TV program is going to work for you--your cupboard, your wallet, whatever. But some will. And a trained chef can help you to understand how to adapt the ingredients you do have to make a tasty dish--especially if you get the majority of your food from a foodbank and aren't certain what will be on the menu from week to week.

What got me about the three tin tender is (aside from the god-awful nature of it) the can of Coke--kind of expensive, soda isn't a typical food bank option. When my family was poor, no soda because it was a waste of money, calories. Belly wash.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Ugh, I should have just quit when I saw THAT MAN boosting Her Griftiness. I've caught up now but I didn't enjoy it. Just when I was beginning to forgive him for his crimes against Swedish food, he's gone and spoiled it all. Mom was a huge disappointment, but I honestly believe she didn't know what a scammer Jack is. What excuse is there for JO?

:mad: so grumpy now.

AND I have no bleeping Twix in the house!

(edited for anger🥕s)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
EDIT And another thing - people generally aren't sat round on their arses doing duck all with the luxury of thinking up weird shite that no one wants to eat. So, TIME needs to be taken into account too. Plus WHAT WILL YOUR FAMILY ACTUALLY EAT? What is your family lifestyle? So many things.
Rinsing spaghetti-os would have gotten me killed by my 4th grade classmates. You don't duck with Spaghetti-Os. They are perfect in their native state. So the cacio e pepe, aside from the culturally appropriative parts, would have been a total, uneaten fail.

I read that as "eat a Twix and half a puppy" 😳
Nope. Twix and inhale that new puppy smell. Hmmmm. Maybe chew on his cute wittle toe-sies. Or maybe not.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
She’s fond of jellycat too
And, how much stuff? 😱
We have that lil toast man
£22 Jellycat amuseable toast soft toy

The size of that bleeping table :oops:
Is that a blue button backed sofa she's sat on?
And the sheer quantity of stuff! Those Argos/IKEA bookcases are 42cm a piece wide with 7 shelves including the top, so that's 23.52m or 77 feet of shelf, and it's crammed!
Also I like how she's pretending to be hard at work while sitting 2 feet away from dozens of undelivered kickstarter copies of bootstrap cook. Twot.

Holy crap

ETA she really, really doesn't get it does she? You can't just say "yeah there was £200 and here's the donation". That's not what FUNDRAISING TRANSPARENCY is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Holy crap

There, that wasn't so hard was it? So why the duck has she been so snippy and defensive about it when she could have just been transparent from the start?

Now do the 30p Lee tin rattle...

• Heart
Reactions: 55
That lasted maybe a year and then she came out as non-binary (now only used as a shield). Said she'd taken testosterone for a long enough period (6 months?) to have had irreversible changes which uhh obviously don't exist. Not convinced she was ever on it at all. If she was it was probably from dodgy sources for a few weeks. No chance she was under an NHS gender clinic.

Like whatever, explore your gender identity, I'm not criticising that, but the way she goes about it is actively harmful to the trans community imo.

ETA pls nobody try to draw me into general gender discussion.
Just to clarify: Jack never said she was transitioning to a man, she said she was NB from the start. She never used male pronouns. Here's her coming out post: https://web.archive.org/web/2015103...girl-called-jack-i-have-something-to-tell-you It also features Jack cracking a phone screen with the sheer strength of her bare hands.

(Incidentally, as I've just noticed for the first time, that 2015 post thanks Spaniel Friend for 10 years of friendship!)

As for how long it all lasted and how serious she was about it...well, if you look at the last blog entry she posted immediately prior to coming out - as in, literally the same day - it features a close-up photo of her breasts in a sports bra. She was back to telling journalists to call her she/her three weeks after coming out. I'm sure we can all draw our own conclusions...

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
£11k profit in the first month and then less than £300 profit for the next six months? She must think we are bleeping stupid.

This all stinks of reputation management and a desperate attempt to avoid an investigation by Action Fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Just to clarify: Jack never said she was transitioning to a man, she said she was NB from the start. She never used male pronouns. Here's her coming out post: https://web.archive.org/web/2015103...girl-called-jack-i-have-something-to-tell-you It also features Jack cracking a phone screen with the sheer strength of her bare hands.

(Incidentally, as I've just noticed for the first time, that 2015 post thanks Spaniel Friend for 10 years of friendship!)

As for how long it all lasted and how serious she was about it...well, if you look at the last blog entry she posted immediately prior to coming out - as in, literally the same day - it features a close-up photo of her breasts in a sports bra. She was back to telling journalists to call her she/her three weeks after coming out. I'm sure we can all draw our own conclusions...
Oh my mistake, thanks for the link!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.