Jack Monroe #422 Is there no beginning to her talents?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Tin Can Crook being very generous here, but can we assume she is doing some prep for the Welsh talk? Even if it's cutting and pasting from previous keynote speeches, or going on Duolingo to learn how to say "Croeso" or "Diolch"? They've got her down for a 45-minute session so she's going to have to fill at least 30 of those minutes.
So only 15 mins late then

• Haha
Reactions: 24
nothing at all about respecting people who wish to cancel (or who have tried).
If she was sincere there would be a statement about “I can understand if you’d wish to downgrade/remove and here’s how you do it”.
Just a massive pile of (poor) excuses. Stop using mental health and conditions to get out of things you bleeping weasel
Still catching up but my gut reaction to this whole thing is that it is targeted directly at those who want to cancel. If you do, you'll be leaving her without even a smol reliable income. It's 100% guilt trip preying on people's desire not to be the meanie.

Reactions: 56
Dickheads everywhere. She makes everything about her and is just deeply unlikeable. Fantastic qualities for prime time telly
Some people have presence and you want to watch them for enjoyment and a bit of inspiration maybe. Whether you actually cook/bake anything they've shown you on their programmes is neither here nor there really. Did you enjoy the programme? Will you watch the next one? And the next?

At the risk of sounding like Namaste Jack- it's Radiators and Drains, innit?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
UGH yet again with this ‘I’m sorry but it’s not my fault because of the many reasons’ rubbish. I’m physically disabled and I keep my promises. I work a full time job. Today I picked up my friends child (along with my own two) cooked their tea and took them all trick or treating because my friend is going through chemo and was too tired because in the real world you do as much as you can and you help those who can’t. And sorry but she’s blaming Caroline who LEFT and mental owchies and everything else yet she’s been on holiday, bought fancy things, got a dog and all sorts in the preceding two years when all she needed to do was be honest a month or two in, change her rewards, pause her patreon and process the refunds people are literally begging for instead of lying, deleting and blocking.

Absolutely sick and fed up of people using make believe disabilities to excuse their abhorrent behaviour. And then people like me get verbally assaulted in the street for not looking disabled enough and daring to be young(ish) and with a blue badge. Because people end up distrusting the disabled, thinking we’re all on benefits rinsing the system. Stop blaming disability you grifting hole and refund those who’ve requested it. You are NOT owed anything and if you have to grift to live, take some bloody responsibility for once and get yourself a job. After you’ve painstakingly applied on your 2020 MacBook, that is. Your every outward breath carries a lie!

• Heart
Reactions: 125
Also, I know not all are bothered, but I’d been wondering what account Jack was Tweeting from whilst keeping her head down on her main and I’m pretty sure I’ve found her new 🧦
It’s not yoghurt squigg is it? They need to in Jack parlance, go out and touch some grass.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Still catching up but my gut reaction to this whole thing is that it is targeted directly at those who want to cancel. If you do, you'll be leaving her without even a smol reliable income. It's 100% guilt trip preying on people's desire not to be the meanie.
It's the same approach she took with the Kickstarter as well, when people in the comments section started to wonder what was going on and whether the thing would ever come to fruition.

Reactions: 35
Completely. I do find it funny that the writer says that she could have listed all of the reasons why she did nada for her Patreon subscribers...and then she does. List every single reason.
Not strictly true, she missed lazy, cba and Shan’t!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Seriously though, read an article today from 2015,
about Jack’s decision to transition and just wanted to ask what happened to that?!
Is it just not happening now? I’d actually forgotten about this until today.
And to think an ex “went into ‘pre-emptive mourning’ for the ‘loss of her double-Ds’.”

🙄

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Seriously though, read an article today from 2015,
about Jack’s decision to transition and just wanted to ask what happened to that?!
Is it just not happening now? I’d actually forgotten about this until today.
And to think an ex “went into ‘pre-emptive mourning’ for the ‘loss of her double-Ds’.”

🙄
That lasted maybe a year and then she came out as non-binary (now only used as a shield). Said she'd taken testosterone for a long enough period (6 months?) to have had irreversible changes which uhh obviously don't exist. Not convinced she was ever on it at all. If she was it was probably from dodgy sources for a few weeks. No chance she was under an NHS gender clinic.

Like whatever, explore your gender identity, I'm not criticising that, but the way she goes about it is actively harmful to the trans community imo.

ETA pls nobody try to draw me into general gender discussion.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Just a thought but what if action fraud have been in touch and she‘s sprung into action to explain herself, or her lawyer has advised her to address it now to try and draw a close to the speculation (even though she answered nothing).

What if the 30p Lee lawyer money has gone on Jacks’s Jewish (why is this relevant) non pro bono lawyer, or on reputation restoration?

All I know is, I just cant wait to hear her thoughts on saving money in Wales.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.