Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Check this out-middle squig makes a totally solid point. Third one just denies it a la Francais with ‘non of that’🙄 So much disinformation & Jack profits from it.
As for the first squig, yes people are free to cancel. Are we supposed to ignore the fact that good, kind people are likely to have been emotionally manipulated into thinking they’re helping a ‘poor, disabled, trans, vegan, single mother etc’ and so don’t have a realistic picture of exactly what they’re supporting? Or others may have forgotten they signed up? Or the fact that the money going to Jack for nothing could be going to genuine good causes?
Does my head in.
I wish all these people could see the photos of the water rower, the smeg fridge, the iPhones, the designer gear etc. If they really think Jack, who already earns elsewhere & is capable of working, is really deserving after that then they really cannot be helped.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
Twitterings

Is it just me that's got a wonky Twitter search?

Previously whenever I searched 'Jack Monroe' it's only provided results for tweets with those actual words in it. Today it's wall to wall replies to Jack using the Bootstrap Twitter handle but not mentioning her name in the tweet. It's bascially flooding the Twitter search results with her followers' replies to her. What's occuring, as Nessa would say.

The squig saying she hasn't had her £8 Patreon rewards looks a bit suss when you check some of her tweets. There's a few taking the piss out of Jack prior to her asking about her Patreon rewards. Could be genuine but my spidey senses are telling me otherwise.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Developments like this only prove she’s royally and completely fucked it imo, everyone else is booked n busy and she’s tweeting pics of trees for the second year running? 😳

E4C33512-4FA0-49EE-8BFE-8BB29E18E758.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh for crying out loud. Please don't let there be scaremongering over this. I can't take it. It's a worst case scenario in very cold weather and will be predefined 3 hour periods (4pm - 7pm, peak usage times) 🙄.
Well said.

I’m old enough to remember frequent planned power cuts in the 1970s.

We ate dinner either early or late. We lit candles, filled thermos flasks and hot water bottles before the power went off, cooked on a camping Calor Gaz stove as a last resort, and we had a paraffin heater in my mother’s bedroom where we all slept on the coldest nights. We didn’t have a telly so we didn’t miss it during the power cuts, but we played games and had family time instead of listening to music.

Scaremongering is so ridiculous. If power cuts happen they’ll be announced in advance so people can plan for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I still stand by my thinking that she's minted. Even with all her possessions costed and that's beside the Ocado deliveries J1g , fuel, and rent it's all maintained. Every month.
She's laughing her head off at all the mugs who support her.
I would say everything that she's squirreled away is a fortune and it's there for spending when she inherits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 55
It's ok, she builds in the cost of recovery time into the fee she requests. Does anyone have the receipts for that guide to invoicing she did? Advising a freelancer how to get adequately compensated for their time & skills.
Are you effing kidding me? The most disorganized and financially grifty illiterate person ever is telling other freelancers how to calculate and submit invoices and get paid? Excuse me for a minute AHAHAHAHAHA [deceased]

• Haha
Reactions: 47
How long before someone asks to buy a print of it?
Oh gawd, it's that time of the year again. I remember us ninnies talking about her over-saturated tree photo last October too. Yawwwwwwn.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Oh gawd, it's that time of the year again. I remember us ninnies talking about her over-saturated tree photo last October too. Yawwwwwwn.
Yes! The canal is going round in circles, we need fresh content from Jack, c'mon Monroe! Start a chaos!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I’m going to start living life fearlessly, courageously & dishonestly like Jack does. Cue ‘eye of the tiger’ soundtrack. So I’m announcing that I’m now a carnivorous, deaf, 5 foot 8 sufferer of dwarfism who’s a bigamist on the side and has Tourette’s. Going to set up an patreon though because being skint is the only thing on my list that it’s hard to admit to despite the fact that it’s all I ever bang on about
The Aristocrats https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats
Jacks life is a horror story, I await the punch line.

No not violence , social media police squad

Reactions: 19
Developments like this only prove she’s royally and completely fucked it imo, everyone else is booked n busy and she’s tweeting pics of trees for the second year running? 😳

View attachment 1660389

That would have been sailing farrrr too close to the wind - the Mail would have absolutely loved that for the headlines about the millionaire property tycoon B&B slumlord grandfather (and would have access to archives, including those of the local rags and other papers, where research into the HB scandals of the 80s would have detailed such things as how much Grandpa H charged per night).

And Pa wouldn't have been too impressed about her stomping around, complaining about landlords being EVIL TORIES. Whilst obviously informing those people trapped in bedsits with water pouring through the ceiling and a door that only opened 18 inches before it hit the end of the bed, costing £297/week was nearly as cold as her old bungalow with a sea view.

Hope you're all ok? <wibble 🥺>
(Do you still love me like I love me?)

Yeah, we're fine. Have you been away? We didn't notice.

[howls from the posh end of Thorpe Bay]

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Screenshot_20221018-215947_Twitter.jpg

1. You've made this "joke" before.
2. Give the people funding your lifestyle via Patreon the courtesy of an update, you bleeping waster.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
P
More self-serving media catastrophising, rather than helpful information. A bit inconvenient to have power off (ie rationed) for a couple of hours here and there but not something you need a rescue squad for.

(of course there are people who literally need electricity to live, but they are few plus these are planned events with back up options for medically dependent)
Yep--there's a difference between a brief outage and a week or more with no power. We have stuff in the cupboard that is shelf-stable, easy to eat (not necessarily healthful, I'm looking at you Jumbo Nutella Jar), cookable on a jet boil stove, and enjoyable when it is cold and dark. Had a windstorm several years ago in November that knocked out power for 10 days. We had to stay in the house for 3-5 days because the roads were covered with trees and power lines. It was nice to have hot cocoa with booze in it--the cats were so friendly because of the cold. Cocoa mix and Bailey's (or other Irish cream) are now a permanent part of our storm kitchen.

Not a fan of stocking up on food I'd otherwise not touch just to stock a storm pantry. That's a waste. But cocoa mix, tea, alcohol, soup mixes, perishables you need to eat from the fridge, some cans of soup will get you through.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Not a fan of stocking up on food I'd otherwise not touch just to stock a storm pantry. That's a waste. But cocoa mix, tea, alcohol, soup mixes, perishables you need to eat from the fridge, some cans of soup will get you through.
Jack's a fan though, she was stockpiling for Brexit, waaaaaay before the Lockdown stockpiling trend.

Trailblazer.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
All I see is a tree man with his arms outstretched, pleading with sky daddy and weeping at having been chosen by Jack to be her tentative step back into Twitter. Poor tree man.

tree man.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
OT but just needed to add that my grunk from last thread has reminded me that I live for pictures (and descriptions) like these...
I am laughing so much, send fire brigadeos or the @GazpachoPolice os.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.