Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair play That sounds brilliant. 🥁

it seems like Jackie is utterly gaming the system though. How vile
Oh, she is. As she's now finding out (hopefully), if you don't deliver what you've promised, word gets around. Even if Patreon itself refuses to do anything.

Reactions: 24
Sorry but like hell she turned down all those big brand deals, woman would shill hemorrhoid cream if it gave her more sideboard pennies 🙄
EXCLUSIVE! JACK MONROE IS THE NEW ARSE FACE OF SHRINKYPUMBLE™️ CREAM - THE SLOPPY WAY TO BOTTY COMFORT

Before - it was like sitting on wood ☹
4A90268E-BD9D-41BA-B3A0-3813D6AA9196.jpeg

DURING - plenty of air helps SHRINKYPUMBLE™️ slowly dry. Can take upto 4 hours. Results may vary. Best to put down a throw/expensive free hotel blanket, as Jack does.
66AC77D6-468C-47D9-A3A0-54B153D68421.jpeg

AFTER: stools are a breeze! Show how comfortable you now are; cock your leg, you can take the pressure! You’ll be so excited you’ll forget that plates exist!
4A2F02EB-7F03-4215-B850-6ED28CF9EF6C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
That does look like one of her gawdawful double denim ensembles. Plus he appears to be wearing Jack’s stunt hair.
Which reminds me, yesterday I saw someone at the bus station wearing those horrid denim cargo pants that Jack dressed up in for her performative 20-pound shop. Being an overseas frau, I'm not sure if a shop here has started selling them....I hope not :(

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Back in the day before I knew about this site and had a sneaking suspicion about Jack that I couldn’t really put my finger on, I recall reading something on one of her pages or in an interview or article where she said that she paid herself a minimum / living wage and donated everything over and above to charity.
does anyone else recall seeing this and is there a receipt to confirm I didn’t just make it up?
If so, did she ever provide proof that she was depriving herself of income for no good reason whilst working well above the working time directive legal limit and whilst in insecure housing?
Nope. No "pay stub", no receipts from charitable donations. Nada. Rien. Nichts. Niente.

Reactions: 27
Back in the day before I knew about this site and had a sneaking suspicion about Jack that I couldn’t really put my finger on, I recall reading something on one of her pages or in an interview or article where she said that she paid herself a minimum / living wage and donated everything over and above to charity.
does anyone else recall seeing this and is there a receipt to confirm I didn’t just make it up?
If so, did she ever provide proof that she was depriving herself of income for no good reason whilst working well above the working time directive legal limit and whilst in insecure housing?
Charity begins at home, doncha know? Those luxury goods are all for a very deserving person.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
An Instagrammer I follow is on an Asda PR night at a restaurant tonight, not me searching the #asdabakersdozen to see if the smol pixie will be attending......

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
A sandwich. A salad. Anything out the fridge tbh? Or the cupboards? Stay away from raw meat and chances are you’ll be fine. Lord help us if we need ppl to advise on this?
Some people can't wait for the end times. I know life is tough for many, but there is also so much fear mongering going on. What the government are doing is outrageous, but also, almost everyone will be fine if there may be blackouts. Those who have electric medical devices will need back up, as always, people who are already vulnerable will suffer the most, but no one will starve because there's no electricity for 6 hours.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
When are we expecting the Big Downsizing to take place? New year? Coincide with the book release maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
That’s interesting, cos they’re recording whether or not creators are fulfilling their deliverables. Immediately after whether or not a user is suspended… Must just be for decoration? 🤷🏻‍♀️

View attachment 1659955
I think the Jack version of that highlighted bit of code would be
"has_undelivered_deliverables": yes_absolutely,

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
When are we expecting the Big Downsizing to take place? New year? Coincide with the book release maybe?
I just hope she treats us to a few day time telly cook-ups from her new book. They are always gold standard tit and hilarious to watch.

Who knows, maybe old Eamonn will be back on TM by then, oh what a treat for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Popping up with a random comment. I'm listening to the Mercury Music Prize on 6 Music.
Is Loyle Carner a Frau?! 😂 Lyrics from the Isle of Arran:
There ain't no-one to believe in, I'm on that man side
Damn right, doing it myself from a landslide

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That sounds about right. IME most publishing houses are reluctant to shell out too much for cookbooks because there's so many of them on the market - including self-published ones like Georgia Church Suppers - and it's very difficult for new books and new authors to get noticed. Jack has a "name" because of her "advocacy", and she also has an agent from a major firm representing her. That would increase her perceived value.
I meant to post this when there was chatter about how advances are paid, etc. They are advances--so payments made in anticipation of future sales. If you don't have the sales to cover your advance, you often have to pay back your publisher. Have had friends watch sales closely and jump for joy when advance is covered. They also didn't blow the advance on sunglasses, handbags, leather clothing, etc.

It's why a small advance isn't always a sucky thing, and why it's more common in certain genres. Publishers don't usually give huge advances anymore and if they do it's to stir up interest in a work that they think will be the next Da Vinci Code.

Reactions: 38
As someone who works in this line of work...duck NO.
Just nipping back to previous thread and the nightmare kitchen, first thought fire hazard! 🔥 how on earth can you actually use the microwave?

Was this pre or post leggy? And why does she think this is aspirational?

We know she doesn’t clean and spices etc are best kept cool, dark. I bet the majority of her herbs/spices are well past there best and not fit for purpose 🤢
Fire Hazard was also Jack's nickname when she worked for the Brigade...

• Haha
Reactions: 37
A sandwich. A salad. Anything out the fridge tbh? Or the cupboards? Stay away from raw meat and chances are you’ll be fine. Lord help us if we need ppl to advise on this?
More self-serving media catastrophising, rather than helpful information. A bit inconvenient to have power off (ie rationed) for a couple of hours here and there but not something you need a rescue squad for.

(of course there are people who literally need electricity to live, but they are few plus these are planned events with back up options for medically dependent)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm still convinced she's got friends in high places we don't know about, government specifically.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.