Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who was the brilliant person with the brilliant info several threads ago who advised re digging your nails into a soft bar of soap before gardening or dirty activities? The soap fills behind the nails and scrubs out easily. THANKYOU WITH NO SPACE. I now do it all the time, it's fabulous. I hope Jack will adopt the tip soon.
aw, that was from my nanna, RIP, an epic woman who, when she wasn’t gardening or saving stray cats, was a midwifery nurse so needed quick-clean nails. I’ll give her photo a wink when I go past, and let her know she’s still appreciated. She’d have spotted Jack for what she is straight off.

Hoof oil, eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 85
My nan used to have a mould that you put all nud ends of soap into and eventually it formed into a new frankensoap. Which always then immediately fell apart upon contact with water. Jack would have been proud of this hack.
Frankensoap For The Win! That really made me laugh.😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Sorry as probably been asked before
Do you pay tax on patreon income?

Reactions: 18
Patron of nine charities? 🤥
1. Jack Monroe's PayPal charity
2. Jack Monroe's Patreon charity
3. Jack Monroe's Cotswolds charity
4. Jack Monroe's Smeg charity
5. Jack Monroe's lip filler charity
6. Jack Monroe's Jack Monroe charity
7. Jack Monroe's Big duck off house charity
8. Jack Monroe's unruly labia needing trimmed charity
9. Jack Monroe's Shan't, Can't, Won't, Done That, Nailed It charity

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Sorry as probably been asked before
Do you pay tax on patreon income?
Yes, it’s taxable income. The person receiving the money can choose to ignore the first £1000 a year but not claim any expenses, or claim expenses against it. What’s left after either expenses or the first £1000 is taxable.

I would love to have a look at her income/expenses.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
1. Jack Monroe's PayPal charity
2. Jack Monroe's Patreon charity
3. Jack Monroe's Cotswolds charity
4. Jack Monroe's Smeg charity
5. Jack Monroe's lip filler charity
6. Jack Monroe's Jack Monroe charity
7. Jack Monroe's Big duck off house charity
8. Jack Monroe's unruly labia needing trimmed charity
9. Jack Monroe's Shan't, Can't, Won't, Done That, Nailed It charity
It’s a shame there’s not a chickpea and peach curry charity, it’s the one thing she’s somehow actually managed to get loads of exposure for over the past decade. Other than herself, obvs

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Would that £1 get you blog posts? or are they specific to each level? I just CANNOT understand why she doesn’t post on Patreon, apologise and blame her mentals, and then just post there - either instead of Twitter, or post some recipes (🤢 ) or songs ( 🤢 ) or doggos or SOMETHING. Nome if her super fans are going to care that they haven’t had a billion postcards, and it would shut everyone else up.

There you go Jack. Thankme any time you like.
Exactly. She hasn’t even posted on that site since November 2020 - not so much as an update on the “work” she’s doing (and what the patrons think they’re supporting). She does not give a stuff about her patrons.

Reactions: 34
Coming over from the last thread, I actually attempted her “spring piggy” recipe once 🔺 it was, frankly, terrible. I had to make so many modifications to try and make it appear edible, I gave up and went for the Nigella original spring chicken instead. Very frugal much money saving.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
As is Allegra.
There's some blurb at https://www.greatbritishfoodawards.com/judges/jack-monroe which says:
"She works with Oxfam, the Trussell Trust, Child Poverty Action Group, Plan Zheroes, the Food Chain and many food banks, schools and children’s centres to teach people to cook and eat well on a low income, and campaigns against the causes of poverty and austerity in Britain and abroad."

Apart from The Food Chain, none of those charities currently list her has a patron, ambassador, trustee, or similar.

I believe the Oxfam thing dates from her 2014 trip to Tanzania. Today, neither Oxfam GB or Oxfam international have any mention of her on their website or in searchable press releases - though a couple of her books are available in their online shop.

I can't find any reference to anything she's actually done for The Food Chain since 2014, either. There's plenty of more recent stuff like this from Leggy:

ETA: Actually, I just found Jack judging 'The Food Chain Global Youth Champion Award 2021'. No other recent mentions of her on their website, press releases or social media that I can see though.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Does anyone know which charities Jack was/is patron of, please?
The only one that’s been found is the one mentioned in the post above yours. She became patron in 2014 when she was with Leggy, coincidentally leggy is also a patron. I looked for a long time for others and I know other fraus have looked too. Nobody’s been able to locate anything else

they must be charities that like to keep themselves secret and have no publicity. Like the Teemill ones

• Haha
Reactions: 55
My Life with THAT woman, Jack Monroe

Exclusive story about the hoop rinsing lifestyle endured, made to go hungry and say PLEASE MAMMAPAPPA, CAN I HAVE SOME MORE before being forcefed the slop. Banned from mentioning Jamie Oliver. Forced to read Twitter messages from people asking where their Patreon subs have gone.
Mamapapa Dearest

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.