Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never seen someone take so little care of their belongings honestly, she's unreal
It's because she's never had to actually work to gain any of them. Her idea of "hard work" is staying up all night on Twitter breadcrumbing whatever need she thinks she has and how to rattle that tipjar hard.

The day she does an honest days work is the day that we will all combust.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Bylines everywhere
Still has tit hair
Abuses patreon with no care
Baby it's cold out there ❄❄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I'm trying to get my head around all the money that she has wasted over the years.

If she had been sensible and saved as much as possible, even with a CCJ I'm sure she would have been able to secure a mortgage. A good track record of saving regularly would have really worked in her favour.

Instead she's got wardrobes full of designer gear. Nice to have but are they helping to secure some sort of stability for SB? Of course not.
I genuinely suspect she has way more money hoarded away than we guess. She gets around it with tricksy wording & outright lies but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to learn that she has a massive savings account on top of all her high end gear to buy a house outright. She’s so bitter and money obsessed, I can’t see her not squirrelling a fair bit away on top of her numerous purchases. I think we underestimate just how much she’s raking in-the patreon alone is likely to be way higher than people generally assume. Already today there’s one who was £8 and we’ve seen some £44 on Twitter. The Nigella recruits could well be on the top tier. Obviously speculation as for some reason Jack won’t be transparent like many patreon account holders (which speaks volumes).

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Nice to have but are they helping to secure some sort of stability for SB? Of course not.
Hopefully when SB turns 18 there will be enough noise around benefits/narcos/charity fraud that he can sell his story to the Daily Mail and Take A Break - and use it as a deposit and buy a flat for himself!

Is there anything she didn’t buy with her book advances? What she’s inadvertently revealed with all this designer gear showing off is that she basically pissed away all her money on material goods and put nothing away for day to day living, ie those days when you don’t have a book advance arriving in your bank account.
Jam for SB! Or anything for the poor kid, sad of how deprived of any care or thought he is ☹

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Hopefully when SB turns 18 there will be enough noise around benefits/narcos/charity fraud that he can sell his story to the Daily Mail and Take A Break - and use it as a deposit and buy a flat for himself!
My Life with THAT woman, Jack Monroe

Exclusive story about the hoop rinsing lifestyle endured, made to go hungry and say PLEASE MAMMAPAPPA, CAN I HAVE SOME MORE before being forcefed the slop. Banned from mentioning Jamie Oliver. Forced to read Twitter messages from people asking where their Patreon subs have gone.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I genuinely suspect she has way more money hoarded away than we guess. She gets around it with tricksy wording & outright lies but I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to learn that she has a massive savings account on top of all her high end gear to buy a house outright. She’s so bitter and money obsessed, I can’t see her not squirrelling a fair bit away on top of her numerous purchases.
Agreed, and we're always discovering more collabs she's done with big brands and tech companies, she'll get decent lump sums for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
In the spirit of having time to go over things.

Someone (not from here obvs) defended the soap-boiling to me as using the ends of soap and therefore being a sensible idea.
Except from HH2:
I make my own shower gel by boiling cheap soap bars in plenty of water until they dissolve, and then leaving them to set.

Ha! Ha! I say!

She boils down cheap soap bars to make shower gel because she's an absolute time-wasting, energy-wasting foolish person. (ETA: If she did it, which she probably doesn't, or she did it once and then says she does it all the time).

I wish I could remember where and who it was who "corrected" me so I could go Ha! to them. 🤪
That's what I don't understand about the shower gel. It's soap anyway. Just use a cheap bar of soap in the shower. Shes a flippin tit and so is anyone who subscribes and follows her 'hacks'

• Haha
Reactions: 46
800 x 3.50 patrons = full time work @ £15ph
(equivalent to starting salary for a teacher or nurse with an actual degree)
Yet she does nothing at all for it. Not even a token effort- even someone with all of her supposed conditions could manage a couple of hours a week posting diary entries or something if they gave even the slightest crap about it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Did the community garden ever get their money back, or have they been buried under a pile of postcards?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Sorry if I don’t put this across very well, but does this tie in with Jack’s comments before that she makes about 7p a book?
Is that because she’s had the lions share of her proceeds as an advance?
50-60p a book even at half price according to her in 2018

Re: Patreon - do the mythical £1 subscribers even get counted in the Patreon totals? They aren't actually subscribing to a tier so are they technically Patrons or just people bunging a quid in her direction? If they aren't counted then the 700+ Patrons are all giving a minimum of £3.50 along with the Quiddie Squad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
🦉 & 🍾 at that facebook post, @LadyGarden. Snotty crying screaming - duck me if you were her neighbour you’d be like ‘what is that absolute lunatic doing now?’ And poor SB. More evidence of Little Miss Narcissus there.

Also: ‘now please please please share it with your friends so it can stay there for a bit! I can rinse everyone for all they’re worth - send cashos!’

• Haha
Reactions: 34
That's what I don't understand about the shower gel. It's soap anyway. Just use a cheap bar of soap in the shower. Shes a flippin tit and so is anyone who subscribes and follows her 'hacks'
My nan used to have a mould that you put all nud ends of soap into and eventually it formed into a new frankensoap. Which always then immediately fell apart upon contact with water. Jack would have been proud of this hack.

• Haha
Reactions: 110
For someone who claims to have all these shower gel hacks, she must have a secret hack to keep it all away from her nails.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
I agree. I wish a journalist or interviewer would pin her down to the mechanics of it rather than let her get away with 'it's coming! I promise!'. At the very bleeping least ask her how much longer it will take.
It may seem irrelevant to most but the VBI is what prompted daft Nigella to signpost people towards Jack's Patreon - 'it will enable her to carry on this vital work' VOM. Well it didn't did it.
I'd like to know WHAT the VBI is. As far as I know, it's a list of Jack's receipts for ten years showing that, unbelievably, costs have risen. There may or may not be a column headed "Very Poor People's Shops in Bumsville" with comments as to whether an item was available on the day Jack didn't bother going into the shop. Another section will show a Flying Monkey's receipt from a different ship, proving that different shops have different prices on different days, in comparison to other shops. Lastly, a detailed analysis will conclude that many people who earn a high income have more discretionary income and may choose to buy different, even "better" varieties of a product.

It's going to blow our tiny minds, that's all I know.

And hi, all. Have been very busy working 100 hour days, but you will not take my freedom. Day 12654 of breathing air and being grateful for the fellowship of the ring.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Same. Her publisher/therapist is BACP registered and this is completely against the spirit and letter of the BACP ethical framework. Complete lack of professional boundaries imo.
I'm a bit behind, sorry, but have wanted to say for a while that I think this is yet another example of her tricksy use of language. If I remember correctly, she said something about having 3 therapists on speed dial. Which may in fact be true, but it doesn't mean that all (or indeed any!) of them are actually her therapist! As with the publisher, she may know them in another capacity, but of course she couldn't resist the temptation to make herself sound important and interesting by saying something that, whilst potentially technically true, was highly misleading.

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.