Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in the hairdresser reading "Closer" magazine. There's an 8 page Miguel Barclay feature, with thrifty tips and cheap recipes...

Sorry Jackie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Pan Macmillan list 5 of her books as being bestsellers - do we have any publishing frauen who could explain what that actually means? Wikipedia suggests a minimum of 4,000 copies sold in a week, but I realise it's likely to be gamed a bit...
Here's a great explainer - and insight into why contrepreneurs write books to establish authority ("bestselling author XXXXX") in their chosen market as part of a long con:

• Wow
Reactions: 39
Be interested to see if the dates of that 2017 interview Vali posted where she said she "crowd funded" her "rent" correlate to a Twitter beg for something unrelated, like legal fees or whatever.
A621108C-FFFE-4FD8-AECF-D273F8C3908B.jpeg

It actually correlated with a Twitter beg for…her rent. Conveniently payable either via monthly Patreon or paying into the tip jar.

Or strictly speaking it coincided with a tip jar rattle and Patreon beg and aggressively arguing with strangers online and claiming to be unable to afford her rent. (Screenies below from the wiki)

0D241E97-29F0-4A07-9057-4D3A6851D5D4.jpeg

617A936A-7C94-4685-B7DD-883F0E0DA9B1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
For someone who claims to have all these shower gel hacks, she must have a secret hack to keep it all away from her nails.
Who was the brilliant person with the brilliant info several threads ago who advised re digging your nails into a soft bar of soap before gardening or dirty activities? The soap fills behind the nails and scrubs out easily. THANKYOU WITH NO SPACE. I now do it all the time, it's fabulous. I hope Jack will adopt the tip soon.

So here's my Thrifty Kitchen tip: rub horse hoof oil or cream into nails for strong fast growth. (Don't tell Jack.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Here's a great explainer - and insight into why contrepreneurs write books to establish authority ("bestselling author XXXXX") in their chosen market as part of a long con:

I think the whole "getting people to buy a copy for a food bank" will have helped those sales figures along quite nicely as well as allowing her to talk about how she donated copies to the food bank

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
My Life with THAT woman, Jack Monroe

Exclusive story about the hoop rinsing lifestyle endured, made to go hungry and say PLEASE MAMMAPAPPA, CAN I HAVE SOME MORE before being forcefed the slop. Banned from mentioning Jamie Oliver. Forced to read Twitter messages from people asking where their Patreon subs have gone.
Hit the Road, Jack!
Why I finally kicked my layabout mum Jack Monroe out of MY house and told her to - ‘get a JOB!’

House about that!
How I bought my first home before my mum thanks to my love for jigsaw puzzles - and polishing PEBBLES!

SB is a BB now!
Closer gets up and personal with Jack Monroe’s son who spills the beans on his mum’s slop and his new fitness regime that can see him bench press THE KING! SB’s a Big Boy now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Nice things for the kids comes top of the list for most parents I'd have thought.
For most parents, maybe. Not someone for whom it’s an afterthought that they’re actually a parent, I’m guessing.

Washington Post, 2018
FF125737-29AD-4F15-9136-D869FF135E64.jpeg
FECEEDB4-983A-40F1-ABCF-73588FEB5E96.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
I'm a bit behind, sorry, but have wanted to say for a while that I think this is yet another example of her tricksy use of language. If I remember correctly, she said something about having 3 therapists on speed dial. Which may in fact be true, but it doesn't mean that all (or indeed any!) of them are actually her therapist! As with the publisher, she may know them in another capacity, but of course she couldn't resist the temptation to make herself sound important and interesting by saying something that, whilst potentially technically true, was highly misleading.
The therapist thing has always bugged me too!

1) why would you need 3? Was going to say one for each personality but if that were the case then we'd be well into double figures
2) therapists are famously not cheap, so how does that fit with the pov narrative?
3) imagine being her therapist o_O fascinating

• Haha
Reactions: 49
View attachment 1659293

It actually correlated with a Twitter beg for…her rent. Conveniently payable either via monthly Patreon or paying into the tip jar.

Or strictly speaking it coincided with a tip jar rattle and Patreon beg and aggressively arguing with strangers online and claiming to be unable to afford her rent. (Screenies below from the wiki)

View attachment 1659282
View attachment 1659289
Working for 80hrs a week arguing on SM and begging for rent money. Ffs Jackie, get a proper job

Reactions: 36
Ooh, just been for a look on Wikipedia Proper, and…
Ohhhhh! Considering it's protected that's a win!
Wikipedia likes source, so now there's more to reference it can be legitimately updated without cries of trolls and foul play.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
I think the issue with Jack saving for a mortgage is that she never once expected for herself to pay a deposit. She's been relying on it being gifted, be it by her parents, her extremely wealthy ex-fiancees, or her legions of fans.
Which also begs the question - where is the entitlement coming from? What makes her think she should be given things instead of working for them like we all do? I worked my big, fat Mediterranean a*se off to buy my flat, never expected to be 'given' it. Had no children to look after, but also no partner to share the financial burden. I really don't understand her.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
This probably says a lot about me but £60 seems relatively cheap for headphones; mine are €350 new and they've been out for a few years now. I bought them secondhand from cex for about €140 after trading in some games.
If anything, I'm more surprised she doesn't have the €600 apple airpods max to go with her iPhones
Nevermind just saw that they're wired. So would definitely bring down the price. Still, if she spent a bit more she could get some nice Audio-Technica ones for around £80
Are these the ones she trashed by glueing flowers on?
I agree she probably gets so much free stuff. A frau here shared they had offered Her a salaried job. We know squigs send her things - shopping trolley, lanyard thing, space squig’s mystery LFC gift etc I reckon she has absolutely cleaned up over the years. Think of brands sending stuff for SB too.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
I don't think she was bothered in the slightest about the booze marketing emails or boozy gifts. She just wanted something to get faux outraged over, atop her sanctimonious high horse, and look like the soberist sober person ever. When genuinely sober people don't need to put on such a performance 🙃.
In fairness to Jack, they might have genuinely been a temptation as it looks to me as though she hasn’t integrated AA and step work properly at all. Another sign of ‘white-knuckling’ is obsessing over number of sober days to distraction and making that your entire ‘sober’ personality. AA is about changing your thinking and behaviour that you were masking with substance abuse and I’ve not seen any evidence of that so far.

As another AA frau said upthread, if she was my sponsee we would be having WORDS.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.