Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She routinely puts things on the GAS HOB that have no business being there, it's an accident waiting to happen.
Most fire prevention guidance states something along the lines of "Keep flammable things like dishtowels, paper bags, or cereal boxes, away from your stove".
Bosch states in their gas hob manual "Never place combustible items on the hob. Never place objects on the hob."
All it takes is that one time when she forgets to turn the hob off and plonks down fabric, wood, plastic etc. as seen here.
It makes my teeth itch, it's just wilful disregard of simple fire safety instructions, but could you imagine trying to tell an obstinate prick like Jack to stop doing it?
Not even mentioning the whole call handler firefighter experience.
Dear Lord.
Next time Mr Beacon complains that our kitchen is cluttered because there's a few things on the side I'm going to show him these. It may well be his anuerysm.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
She routinely puts things on the GAS HOB that have no business being there, it's an accident waiting to happen.
Most fire prevention guidance states something along the lines of "Keep flammable things like dishtowels, paper bags, or cereal boxes, away from your stove".
Bosch states in their gas hob manual "Never place combustible items on the hob. Never place objects on the hob."
All it takes is that one time when she forgets to turn the hob off and plonks down fabric, wood, plastic etc. as seen here.
It makes my teeth itch, it's just wilful disregard of simple fire safety instructions, but could you imagine trying to tell an obstinate prick like Jack to stop doing it?
Not even mentioning the whole call handler firefighter experience.
A few months ago I brought my shopping in, dumped it on my gas hob and lent over to root in the bag. The igniter on the hob went off but I ignored it only to see the bag go up in flames as one of the rings had the knob turned on a little way. When you can't work out quite what's happening but there are flames everywhere (and it was a new bag) and you end up having to somehow chuck it in the sink along with your shopping and then try and turn on a tap and nearly set your cardi on fire it puts you off dumping stuff on your hob.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
I’m going to start living life fearlessly, courageously & dishonestly like Jack does. Cue ‘eye of the tiger’ soundtrack. So I’m announcing that I’m now a carnivorous, deaf, 5 foot 8 sufferer of dwarfism who’s a bigamist on the side and has Tourette’s. Going to set up an patreon though because being skint is the only thing on my list that it’s hard to admit to despite the fact that it’s all I ever bang on about

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Back in the day before I knew about this site and had a sneaking suspicion about Jack that I couldn’t really put my finger on, I recall reading something on one of her pages or in an interview or article where she said that she paid herself a minimum / living wage and donated everything over and above to charity.
does anyone else recall seeing this and is there a receipt to confirm I didn’t just make it up?
If so, did she ever provide proof that she was depriving herself of income for no good reason whilst working well above the working time directive legal limit and whilst in insecure housing?

Reactions: 52
Slightly off topic but I’m absolutely gutted that we never found out what was in Space Squig’s box.

He was weird and creepy but I think he had good intentions but the way she was so incredibly dismissive and rude to him was really unfair. And then we had the bullshit “Oh yeah I did send you a pic via email” bollocks as well.

I might have missed it but am I right in saying that we never found out? I saw a few people on Twitter asking him about it but he didn’t really give much away when quizzed.

Can’t believe we’ll never know. :(

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Back in the day before I knew about this site and had a sneaking suspicion about Jack that I couldn’t really put my finger on, I recall reading something on one of her pages or in an interview or article where she said that she paid herself a minimum / living wage and donated everything over and above to charity.
does anyone else recall seeing this and is there a receipt to confirm I didn’t just make it up?
If so, did she ever provide proof that she was depriving herself of income for no good reason whilst working well above the working time directive legal limit and whilst in insecure housing?
I don't know if it wasn't ever said by Jack, or even picked up in an article, but it's often used as a defence by Jack's squigs, which she never corrects.

My take is that it's something squigs invented to fill the gap between "I only pay myself the living wage" and "so where the F is the rest of the money?", via "Jack does so much for charity".

I would love to see receipts of how this bit of Jacklore came to be, if they're out there, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
TBF, the £1 subscribers, if they exist, have no recourse to complain as that amount wouldn’t offer anything at all.
the £3.5 tier only gets you discount to her website which doesn’t work. Even at that I thought we might have seen some comments from people on that tier to say about the website but none. Perhaps that means there’s no £3.5 subscribers either.
I'd like to add that anyone under £3.50 also has no reason to complain, because nothing at all is promised at that level. It's simply to support all she does, and all she does is buy crap and act like an idiot on Twitter. So she's fulfilled her £1 obligations.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I remember reading that a long time ago, and thinking it didn't make sense given her financial situation. No receipts though, I am afraid.

Reactions: 24
Here you go. I’ve seen a few things along those lines
Late 2012 from her blog. Quits a job to become self employed, says ALL profits will go to good causes (via her PayPal). contradicts this the following month when she says she’s earning an income from her small business (on her own blog and in the national press)
D5477900-F242-4601-9C67-76CBD31CC597.jpeg

2013, Guardian. Sainsbury’s campaign: Living wage, rest to tax and charities
156A09F9-9487-4014-9374-BE9DD13D61A2.jpeg

2014, Guardian - pays self living wage, saves rest.
56A36828-BCA6-4878-B9EF-70AF58DD51AC.jpeg

I know there are more than this. I’ll dig around.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I 😲 reacted to Fire Safety Jack's stuff-on-hobs but I do this myself all the time with my electric hob despite having melted multiple tea towels and phone cases. It's probably because of autism, stop being so ABLEIST.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Here you go. From Wikipedia
5A1375CA-7565-4CCD-9AE0-B13ACA13DD50.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Late 2012. Quits a job to become self employed, says ALL profits will go to good causes. contradicted the following month when she says she’s earning an income from her small business (on her own blog and in the national press)
View attachment 1659870
View attachment 1659823

View attachment 1659864
If she’s genuinely been saving (which is likely) she may well have a massive lump sum. Which in Jack’s dishonest mind is separate and she never mentions. She’s raked in thousands over the years, she may well be literally like Scrooge McDuck with hoarded wealth for when it all goes tits up. However, she clearly wants more so she’s trying to keep the grift going & lying low for now hoping it’ll all blow over.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
She's probably afraid to post on Patreon at this point for fear of reminding 99% of the subscribers that they're paying her every month. To me, the only explanation-os for them not cancelling already is that they've forgotten about it!
Imagine if they all rushed at once for a refund (over the years its been going)? What would it be? £100k? £200k?
I'd eat slop for a week in order to know 😆
Evening my lovelies 💓 👋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Imagine if they all rushed at once for a refund (over the years its been going)? What would it be? £100k? £200k?
Evening my lovelies 💓 👋
I’d eat slop for a year for a court case where Jack was in the dock being ordered to pay back every penny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Late 2012 from her blog. Quits a job to become self employed, says ALL profits will go to good causes (via her PayPal). contradicts this the following month when she says she’s earning an income from her small business (on her own blog and in the national press)
View attachment 1659877

View attachment 1659823

View attachment 1659864
Thanks dear heart. I’m thinking it must have been the guardian article because i wouldn’t have made a point of reading her blogs at the time. What a liar!

Reactions: 22
Evening my lovelies 💓 👋
Patreon seem to go out of their way to avoid giving refunds themselves, unfortunately - they want you to sort it out with the creator directly. We've seen evidence on twitter of at least one person getting a Patreon refund for the most recent month after showing that Jack hadn't responded to them.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 18.22.34.png

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.