Jack Monroe #417 Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coming over from the last thread, I actually attempted her “spring piggy” recipe once 🔺 it was, frankly, terrible. I had to make so many modifications to try and make it appear edible, I gave up and went for the Nigella original spring chicken instead. Very frugal much money saving.
Did you not at any point question your sanity?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
And don't forget those Bluetooth tag things she got gifted...sorry I can't remember what they were called 😕
Got them down as £60 3x “tiles” for locating lost keys/phones by internet magic :)
For most parents, maybe. Not someone for whom it’s an afterthought that they’re actually a parent, I’m guessing.
Washington Post, 2018
View attachment 1659309View attachment 1659310
I hope she didn't continue after TV presenter, because that's 10 👉🦶:sick:
Are these the ones she trashed by glueing flowers on?
I agree she probably gets so much free stuff. A frau here shared they had offered Her a salaried job. We know squigs send her things - shopping trolley, lanyard thing, space squig’s mystery LFC gift etc I reckon she has absolutely cleaned up over the years. Think of brands sending stuff for SB too.
No dear heart, that's a different pair
Adds headphones trashed by gluing flowers on

1666105695842.jpeg
1666105737193.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Frankensoap For The Win! That really made me laugh.😁
Yes! My best friend's Auntie Queenie lived down't road when we were about 10 or so. She had a soap mould like that (AND a cherry tree), and gave us custard cream biscuits when we visited with all our soap scraps to watch her make a 'new' soap. Innocent times, eh?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
View attachment 1659293

It actually correlated with a Twitter beg for…her rent. Conveniently payable either via monthly Patreon or paying into the tip jar.

Or strictly speaking it coincided with a tip jar rattle and Patreon beg and aggressively arguing with strangers online and claiming to be unable to afford her rent. (Screenies below from the wiki)

View attachment 1659282
View attachment 1659289
She's just horrid!! And all these awful messages show her true colours, and how she expects to be paid for doing nothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Just bringing these tweets here because I remember wondering at them when they were first posted in 2017. They give such an interesting insight into Jack's very unusual state of mind.

It's like, no one begrudges you a salary, Jack. Personally i think everyone who can work should have the benefit of interesting, fulfilling and apprioriately salaried work. But you fundamentally misunderstand the nature of 'salary' and 'work'. 'Work' is when you hire out your time, labour or products to an employer who is willing you pay you for the time, labour or product. Through the constantly shifting dynamic of supply and demand forces, you and the employer will eventually settle on a rate of work and salary that suits you both. The key, though, Jack (and this is the important bit!) is that the labour you are offering has some benefit to the employer. And, equally, the employer must have the liquid funds to pay you. Otherwise the system falls down. Geddit?

Now let's apply those simply prinicples to your situation. You provide labour that is UTTERLY MEANINGLESS AND USELESS to people who DO NOT NEED IT and probably DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS to pay you. So there's no supply, no demand and no substance.

Given all of this, it's amazing that you've got as far as you have on chutzpah and hot air alone. But now the chutzpah and hot air has run out. You're Wile E Coyote, you've run off the cliff, and your legs are paddling deperately in thin air. So give it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Just nipping back to previous thread and the nightmare kitchen, first thought fire hazard! 🔥 how on earth can you actually use the microwave?
Was this pre or post leggy? And why does she think this is aspirational?
We know she doesn’t clean and spices etc are best kept cool, dark. I bet the majority of her herbs/spices are well past there best and not fit for purpose 🤢
She routinely puts things on the GAS HOB that have no business being there, it's an accident waiting to happen.
Most fire prevention guidance states something along the lines of "Keep flammable things like dishtowels, paper bags, or cereal boxes, away from your stove".
Bosch states in their gas hob manual "Never place combustible items on the hob. Never place objects on the hob."
All it takes is that one time when she forgets to turn the hob off and plonks down fabric, wood, plastic etc. as seen here.
It makes my teeth itch, it's just wilful disregard of simple fire safety instructions, but could you imagine trying to tell an obstinate prick like Jack to stop doing it?
Not even mentioning the whole call handler firefighter experience.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
Just nipping back to previous thread and the nightmare kitchen, first thought fire hazard! 🔥 how on earth can you actually use the microwave?

Was this pre or post leggy? And why does she think this is aspirational?

We know she doesn’t clean and spices etc are best kept cool, dark. I bet the majority of her herbs/spices are well past there best and not fit for purpose 🤢
They're all the same anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She's probably afraid to post on Patreon at this point for fear of reminding 99% of the subscribers that they're paying her every month. To me, the only explanation-os for them not cancelling already is that they've forgotten about it!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
She routinely puts things on the GAS HOB that have no business being there, it's an accident waiting to happen.
Most fire prevention guidance states something along the lines of "Keep flammable things like dishtowels, paper bags, or cereal boxes, away from your stove".
Bosch states in their gas hob manual "Never place combustible items on the hob. Never place objects on the hob."
All it takes is that one time when she forgets to turn the hob off and plonks down fabric, wood, plastic etc. as seen here.
It makes my teeth itch, it's just wilful disregard of simple fire safety instructions, but could you imagine trying to tell an obstinate prick like Jack to stop doing it?
Not even mentioning the whole call handler firefighter experience.
Why you sob?
Stuff left on hob

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
She's probably afraid to post on Patreon at this point for fear of reminding 99% of the subscribers that they're paying her every month. To me, the only explanation-os for them not cancelling already is that they've forgotten about it!
That's like the insurance companies etc that rely on people not checking and renewing automatically. Low trick.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
And the posters and index cards and pictures stuck to the tiles above the hob.

It's like she doesn't have any fire safety training at all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Imagine having such an extreme social media addiction and narcissistic personality (allegedly, m'lud) that you've just committed to updating your pathetic Twitter bio every single day as a duck you to the people around you in real life who have obviously forbidden you from posting anything...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.