Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah and I don’t think she knows how much she earns on an annual basis, as she constantly reminds us she’s a 🥺 freelance writer 🥺 with a variable income. Even Patreon’s monthly payments will vary - she’ll have boom months if she gets a large cohort of new annual subscribers, but then see nothing from them for the next 11 months. She netted a loss last Patreon payday and if the new data source is to be believed will have another month of losses this payday too. She also says any old tit in the hope it sticks, so 🤷🏻‍♀️
You should invoice her, HTRIA, you know her figures better than she ever will.

I reckon she prints off all your data posts ands keeps them in a ring binder. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 47
That kitchen makes me feel itchy. All the DUSTING.
It gives me the actual fear. That combined with her nails being as manky as they always are means that anytime she's cooking stuff it's going to be literally filled with bits of her. Boke.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
Jack had some tattoos pre-Poverty. Then she got a lot more post-Poverty.

It seems clear that she was always bad with money, but that her spending habits went utterly insane post-Poverty, because suddenly she had a lot more money to be bad with. One can imagine that literal millionaire Allegra probably treated her to a lot during their relationship, and she never quite changed her mindset from that time.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

I reckon she prints off all your data posts ands keeps them in a ring binder. :ROFLMAO:
To be fair to her, the ring binders are the one thing she seems to skimp on... I mean, surely the canal's posts deserve a lever arch file at the very least?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think her response to him was a knee-jerk reaction and she didn't stop to think further than getting multiple likes on twitter. People egged her on and before long she was gloating about suing him. Of course, after the fact, she was probably advised that she would have to disclose her earnings so I can't see why she has dragged this up again, unless it's just to get exposure/more 'donations' to her legal fund.

Either way, I doubt we'll see them in court any time soon.
Agree. Lee Anderson was right and Martin Daubney said ‘probably’ in his tweets (though even without the ‘probably’ he was right).

Reactions: 23

She claimed during the Great Thread 31 Chaos that she prints off all the threads. If that is true then we must occupy a whole wing of the crappy Bungalow by now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
To be fair to her, the ring binders are the one thing she seems to skimp on... I mean, surely the canal's posts deserve a lever arch file at the very least?
Jack has ALLLLLLL the stationary. There's lever arch files too, and so many bleeping notebooks.

She's singlehandedly keeping Paperchase afloat.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
If she bought them from WH Smith then she’s spent £££££.

There’s the coroners reports (my aneurysm) plus our gorgeous posts, so she must have 100’s of the bastards. Maybe that’s why she’s down a bedroom. Can’t even open the door as it’s so crammed full of ring binders. Graceless twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Jack had some tattoos pre-Poverty. Then she got a lot more post-Poverty.

It seems clear that she was always bad with money, but that her spending habits went utterly insane post-Poverty, because suddenly she had a lot more money to be bad with. One can imagine that literal millionaire Allegra probably treated her to a lot during their relationship, and she never quite changed her mindset from that time.
These threads have been educational for me - I've never even heard of most of this rich people stuff that she buys. £1200 sideboards? Toasters with the word toaster written on them? £1000 coats? 😮 £40 for a roll of wallpaper? How does she even know about these things when she was raised by working-class Marxist-Royalist parents and then lived in a cave for two years while her child did/didn't suffer from Schrodinger's Starvation?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
If she bought them from WH Smith then she’s spent £££££.

There’s the coroners reports (my aneurysm) plus our gorgeous posts, so she must have 100’s of the bastards. Maybe that’s why she’s down a bedroom. Can’t even open the door as it’s so crammed full of ring binders. Graceless twit.
I sadly recognise a lot of files as Wilko ones. The Moleskin notebooks are well spenny though.

Lets not forget her collection of pens to stick in her blazer pockets to really drive home the home office aesthetic. It just needs to look like she does any work. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I do have a question about wallpaper, having never used it. Is £40 expensive for wallpaper, or is the shock placed on the fact that she's spent £40+ on various rolls of wallpaper that she's never used?

Reactions: 21
I do have a question about wallpaper, having never used it. Is £40 expensive for wallpaper, or us the shock placed on the fact that she's spent £40+ on various rolls of wallpaper that she's never used?

It's quite expensive for wallpaper, especially if you don't use it. But Jack did, you see, she stapled and taped some of it up, because SHE RENTS. Evil landlady forced her to live with magnolia walls. Evil.

• Haha
  • Heart
Forensic Stocktake: Detectives Needed. @That Forensic Man new stuff here.
For the love of LJC will someone put me out of my misery and find these hideous Viv trousers?! They actually look like they might be jeans. Also, pretty sure this black jacket is a spendy thing as well though will be harder to 🔺Looking again, I’m not even convinced the pic of her in the street is the exact jacket in the awards pic. Is it two different really similar jackets?!

Don’t think the Church’s style brown brogues are on the list yet either.
5805E9B0-28EC-4008-B2B3-8848819DE7D5.jpeg
1DD2FEC3-9007-4354-BDCD-7890179A85EB.jpeg

She has it, and a matching or at least v similar waistcoat
F621A201-8E75-429B-8641-0404FB8F1054.jpeg

2565CDD7-2FEB-48BD-A21A-82845606555B.jpeg

also, as well as the “fat controller waistcoats” (chapeau that frau!) I see leggy was the inspo for leather kecks too.

Finally, I think this may be a FOURTH Burberry scarf! The other thinner one she has in the bottom two pics from @Knit one Pearl one looks more like the heritage print and colours; this one is mustard with blue in it. i wonder if she bought them when she was doing her pretty woman spite-shop at the Burberry store to really stick it to the ‘shop girl’?! :unsure:

Also, is this leather jacket already on the list?
25EF6386-AFF1-4BA5-B378-301F37343C2A.jpeg

A3FCE794-A2FB-447B-9C22-00217989561F.jpeg

6AA22B93-7660-48A4-B898-E5F58945638F.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I sadly recognise a lot of files as Wilko ones. The Moleskin notebooks are well spenny though.

Lets not forget her collection of pens to stick in her blazer pockets to really drive home the home office aesthetic. It just needs to look like she does any work. :ROFLMAO:
It's the workplace equivalent of wandering around with a clipboard looking like you're busy. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think her response to him was a knee-jerk reaction and she didn't stop to think further than getting multiple likes on twitter. People egged her on and before long she was gloating about suing him. Of course, after the fact, she was probably advised that she would have to disclose her earnings so I can't see why she has dragged this up again, unless it's just to get exposure/more 'donations' to her legal fund.

Either way, I doubt we'll see them in court any time soon.
Even if it did get to court and by some miracle she won on a technicality (it won't and she wouldn't) it would be an incredibly hollow victory and very damaging to her. She might not earn/receive as much money as the PM, but it will still be quite a lot. Much more than her supporters would imagine.
The harrowing stories of solar lights and melting soap with accompanying rattle rattle tip jar will be seen as ludicrous grift it was.

Reactions: 33
She doesn't have her own style, does she. She morphs into whoever she is with and for someone who claims she's "heavily tattooed" (she's not) she def doesn't have any style to go with it. It's like someone gave her 2 mins to run amuck in someone else's wardrobe and try on anything they want.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.