Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that Twitter thread archived/screenshot to death? Am I silly to ask? šŸ˜

View attachment 1647278

The difference, dear Jack, is some people (like me) wouldn't know a Mulberry bag if it slapped us in the face. But we do know what tats cost.
When that daily heil writer (littlejohn?) questioned her tatts Iā€™m sure she said she got them when she was earning at fire service.

Reactions: 24
I'm sure many Fraus have had their ears and ears scorched by this but I'm going to post it anyway. That. Hair. Is. Dire.

Jack trying to emulate Kirsty MacColl is 100% my aneurysm.

Luckily I can't stand Billy Bragg these days so it's no loss that he's mates with Grifty McGriftface.

ETA Oops - wrong video posted originally, now corrected

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Also; for many of us, we have had the poorer times and times weā€™ve had a bit more cash. I have never ever splurged on a designer item just because. I have designer things which my lovely husband and family have gifted me over the years, mainly handbags and scarves, and I look after them well. I just donā€™t think anyone who has known true hardship and who has a fairly inconsistent wage would really do that.

But I donā€™t think sheā€™s seen true hardship, I donā€™t think she has an inconsistent wage (she always has the base ā€˜earningsā€™ of Patreon) and I also think sheā€™s a compulsive spender/hoarder who had to have the latest shiny thing to impress strangers with.

Which she then has to hide or explain away otherwise her poor cosplay is ruined. Sheā€™s the richest poor person ever.
If she truly had bought designer items as investments - to sell when times got hard - then she wouldnā€™t have used them. Theyā€™d be in their original packaging, put away safe.

šŸ”ŗ Iā€™ve got various designer bags, from when I was travelling overseas a lot for work and earning good Ā£. Several were bought at outlets at big reductions. I donā€™t bother so much swapping bags now, but when I used to use them, I thought very carefully first, assessing if I might be in contact with pets, small children, rain, spillages etc etc. I was paranoid theyā€™d get damaged! The couple of bags I have used routinely do need repair, but they are in no way as absolutely TRASHED as that Mulberry bag. Itā€™s possible she bought or was gifted a fake - some are quite good copies visually - as poor quality will show with wear. But any leather can usually take some knocks & bumps, so I canā€™t imagine why she had to ditch the strap and put an Oliver Bonas one on! She is so spoiled and entitled.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So basically, her FMs are more than happy to fund her lifestyle, which is pretending to be poor, which for some reason, costs about 10 grand a month to pull off?
Yeah - Ā£10k a month after tax and paying rent feels right to sustain the level of spending we've seen. That implies a total income of Ā£200-Ā£230k a year (depending on how much of her spending she claims as expenses). That's about a hundred grand more than I'd initially estimated from her known sources of income.

And she has the cheek to claim that she's going to sue someone for saying that she "probably earns more than the prime minister"?!

ETA: And if she genuinely isn't earning more than the PM then she's either wildly overspending, not saving a penny ever, isn't actually paying rent at all, or is putting serious effort into tax avoidance - with almost certainly more than one of those options in play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 42
Yeah - Ā£10k a month after tax and paying rent feels right to sustain the level of spending we've seen. That implies a total income of Ā£200-Ā£230k a year (depending on how much of her spending she claims as expenses). That's about a hundred grand more than I'd initially estimated from her known sources of income.

And she has the cheek to claim that she's going to sue someone for saying that she "probably earns more than the prime minister"?!
Yeah totally agree, and I think itā€™s the PayPal tip jar that does it. Like itā€™s linked to on every recipe on her website, regularly rattled on Twitter (at least, historically), and linked on her Twitter tip jar function so on the basis of promotion only should be her biggest revenue stream? Also people are more likely to drop one off payments than commit to a subscription, and sheā€™s got 700+ subs on Patreonā€¦. So how many tippers? We sadly have no way of understanding behaviours on there - like how much, how often, for example ppl can set up standing orders to it via PayPal, etc etc. Speculating based upon her personal conduct re her limited company but I also imagine itā€™s totally tax free, so her gross = net. I suspect she uses that pool of cash to shop online whilst Patreon & media bits are her fixed overheads.

Also on tax sheā€™s saving herself a fortune lol. Whilst a PAYE peasant on Ā£200k would take home Ā£9.6k pcm assuming no further deductions than tax and NI whilst Jack whoā€™s opted out of taxation would get to bank the lot at Ā£16.7k pcm. Or at least close to, as I imagine she discloses at least some of her income.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
When that daily heil writer (littlejohn?) questioned her tatts Iā€™m sure she said she got them when she was earning at fire service.
She did. From Nov 2013. Also ā€œfreezing and starvingā€. WHERE IS THE EYEROLL EMOJI
06879FA7-C932-49B1-84BE-4584F831F59A.jpeg

The Guardian enabled the duck out of her. ā€œRead this slowly and absorbā€. What a snotty little fucker she was, even back then. Barely 4 months into writing for them at that point.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Can somebody cobble together. Thread title including sox bots and buying followers?

as that would royally piss her off

• Haha
Reactions: 22

ETA: And if she genuinely isn't earning more than the PM then she's either wildly overspending, not saving a penny ever, isn't actually paying rent at all, or is putting serious effort into tax avoidance - with almost certainly more than one of those options in play.
I don't think she would have gone for him so much if she were genuinely earning more because you would have to disclose all your earnings I think? But she is thick, so it's entirely possible. And *just* less than the PM is still 10k a month...

Reactions: 20
I don't think she would have gone for him so much if she were genuinely earning more because you would have to disclose all your earnings I think? But she is thick, so it's entirely possible. And *just* less than the PM is still 10k a month...
She probably doesnā€™t class all of her earnings as income, probably only the paid gigs

Reactions: 24
I think her response to him was a knee-jerk reaction and she didn't stop to think further than getting multiple likes on twitter. People egged her on and before long she was gloating about suing him. Of course, after the fact, she was probably advised that she would have to disclose her earnings so I can't see why she has dragged this up again, unless it's just to get exposure/more 'donations' to her legal fund.

Either way, I doubt we'll see them in court any time soon.

Reactions: 22
We all know how tricksy with words Jack is. I would imagine sheā€™s BRINGING IN more than that with PayPal, Patreon etc but sheā€™s not EARNING more than that (from books, tv appearances, speaking gigs etc).

Money coming in for doing duck all, and earnings from employment are two very very different things over at Chateau Monroe.Thatā€™s just the sort of thing the smug prick would jump on as her AHA, WRONG! You said I EARNED more!

Also, I donā€™t think she sees the Patreon and PayPal as anything other than ā€˜pocket moneyā€™ for her to spunk on stuff. Like when your Grandparents used to give you 10p to spend on whatever you wanted without your parents knowing, though on a massive Monopoly money scale in her case.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
She probably doesnā€™t class all of her earnings as income, probably only the paid gigs
Yeah and I donā€™t think she knows how much she earns on an annual basis, as she constantly reminds us sheā€™s a šŸ„ŗ freelance writer šŸ„ŗ with a variable income. Even Patreonā€™s monthly payments will vary - sheā€™ll have boom months if she gets a large cohort of new annual subscribers, but then see nothing from them for the next 11 months. She netted a loss last Patreon payday and if the new data source is to be believed will have another month of losses this payday too. She also says any old tit in the hope it sticks, so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.