Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK I've been doing a little digging and is this bag
View attachment 1646433
View attachment 1646453

The back of this bag from moschino?

View attachment 1646442
This is the pink one but note the little gold loop and the odd Shape zip.
View attachment 1646454
The blobs I've circled look the same to me but I'm def no expert. Is she craftily hiding the label on the front cos she's a pov and this bag retails at €795 when not found in puddles?
Or could it be just like Jack and a cheap fake?
Another Frau found this bag a while ago-it’s not a Moschino it’s an independent designer can’t remember the name. Still v speedy as I googled at the time.

Reactions: 21
View attachment 1647556

Sorry, I'm going wildly off thread, because I found this whilst trying to find that bloody pen photo. Pier PR were responsible for the Del Monte debacle, the results speak for themselves. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Del Monte sold 3 extra tins of pineapples.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Forensic Stocktake: Detectives Needed. @That Forensic Man new stuff here.
For the love of LJC will someone put me out of my misery and find these hideous Viv trousers?! They actually look like they might be jeans. Also, pretty sure this black jacket is a spendy thing as well though will be harder to 🔺Looking again, I’m not even convinced the pic of her in the street is the exact jacket in the awards pic. Is it two different really similar jackets?!

Don’t think the Church’s style brown brogues are on the list yet either.
View attachment 1647438View attachment 1647439

She has it, and a matching or at least v similar waistcoat
View attachment 1647440
View attachment 1647449
also, as well as the “fat controller waistcoats” (chapeau that frau!) I see leggy was the inspo for leather kecks too.

Finally, I think this may be a FOURTH Burberry scarf! The other thinner one she has in the bottom two pics from @Knit one Pearl one looks more like the heritage print and colours; this one is mustard with blue in it. i wonder if she bought them when she was doing her pretty woman spite-shop at the Burberry store to really stick it to the ‘shop girl’?! :unsure:

Also, is this leather jacket already on the list?
View attachment 1647453
View attachment 1647455
View attachment 1647458
Those two pairs of trousers are Vivienne Westwood and SO ARE THESE. That's three pairs. There's a pair of these selling for £180 second hand here https://www.depop.com/products/lilacliar-extremely-rare-vivienne-westwood-plaid/ so they must have been really spenny new. Also this shirt looks like a bin bag but is likely pricey AF. Ditto shoes.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I do have a question about wallpaper, having never used it. Is £40 expensive for wallpaper, or is the shock placed on the fact that she's spent £40+ on various rolls of wallpaper that she's never used?
£40 is sort of mid-range, but more than about 90% of the population would spend. Jack's quite a Farrow & Ball fan, isn't she, so she could have gone for their Enigma print at £120 a roll: https://www.farrow-ball.com/en-gb/wallpaper/enigma?sku=5051836612115

I guess we should just thank our lucky stars she hasn't discovered Timorous Beasties yet, where their wallpaper starts at about £80 per roll and goes up to around £160 a metre! (But they do have some lovely things: https://www.timorousbeasties.com/category/wallcoverings )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
The amount of ridiculous pink accessories there. Pink BIN BAGS FFS.
Truly the mark of poverty is when you can colour co-ordinate the many items in your kitchen.

P. S I hate that bin. It should have a swing or pedal lid. What Jack has as an old precursor to the wheelie bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She claimed during the Great Thread 31 Chaos that she prints off all the threads. If that is true then we must occupy a whole wing of the crappy Bungalow by now.
Jack now that you're decluttering, I know many of the canal would absolutely be willing to take a hardback paper copy of these threads off your hands for some bedtime reading (I call dibs on the "Jack as bowls" thread and georgia church suppers)

Anyone else spent way too much of their day playing detective like
Adobe_20221013_151140.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Those two pairs of trousers are Vivienne Westwood and SO ARE THESE. That's three pairs. There's a pair of these selling for £180 second hand here https://www.depop.com/products/lilacliar-extremely-rare-vivienne-westwood-plaid/ so they must have been really spenny new. Also this shirt looks like a bin bag but is likely pricey AF. Ditto shoes.
Oh, well done, dear heart! I found that pic in the wee smol hours; couldn't find the traazers, but knew them to be VW (as is the shirt).
Regrettably, in a crowded field, it was the shoes that prevented me from getting back to sleep.

Is there a slight "sample-sale" honk to some of the Westwood? Particularly the 2014 mismatched "I'm a tweenie" trews.

Reactions: 18
Found a Viv (RIP) traazer pic from August 2019, from Instagram by the photographer of an Observer Food Monthly shoot.

05616AE7-05CA-4018-A074-4AD672FB6E2E.jpeg

Also found 2 photos that are PROOF that she HAS been to Asda HQ (or a studio or a big store kitchen) and she HAS volunteered at a food bank 🙄 (is that a Burberry scarf?)

15B8215A-8BA9-427D-A429-A44216E0292F.jpeg

A9514EA4-0855-4153-A6BD-E730376034D7.jpeg

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.