Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Except evil landlady did no such thing

View attachment 1647532
It is your proper home Jack. Renting isn’t ‘happening to occupy someone else’s home.’ It’s a transaction. You pay rent for ‘peaceful enjoyment of the property.’ She knows nothing about anything. Thick as mince.

I’ve never had a rented house I wasn’t allowed to decorate. Show me a private landlord who isn’t willing to have tenants who are invested in the upkeep of their property? Unless you rent a a ‘better’ home like a new build where it’s short term so the landlord wants it left neutral which is fair enough.

I have found the route of all Jack's inspiration!
That is so creepy!!!

Reactions: 18
Check your browser history!

I did find this whilst trying to find it, it's too funny not to share-

Still looking, but @Shawads noticed in a prior thread that Poetry Jack has a selection of pens half way up her blazer arm! (You can all watch with the sound down, you can see within opening minutes 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It is your proper home Jack. Renting isn’t ‘happening to occupy someone else’s home.’ It’s a transaction. You pay rent for ‘peaceful enjoyment of the property.’ She knows nothing about anything. Thick as mince.

I’ve never had a rented house I wasn’t allowed to decorate. Show me a private landlord who isn’t willing to have tenants who are invested in the upkeep of their property? Unless you rent a a ‘better’ home like a new build where it’s short term so the landlord wants it left neutral which is fair enough.

That is so creepy!!!
To be fair I’ve rented A LOT of houses and at least half said we weren’t allowed to redecorate, or could only repaint in the same magnolia it was already painted in. Which is why when we finally bought somewhere I immediately painted over all the magnolia ASAP!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Forensic Stocktake: Detectives Needed. @That Forensic Man new stuff here.
For the love of LJC will someone put me out of my misery and find these hideous Viv trousers?! They actually look like they might be jeans. Also, pretty sure this black jacket is a spendy thing as well though will be harder to 🔺Looking again, I’m not even convinced the pic of her in the street is the exact jacket in the awards pic. Is it two different really similar jackets?!

Don’t think the Church’s style brown brogues are on the list yet either.
View attachment 1647438View attachment 1647439

She has it, and a matching or at least v similar waistcoat
View attachment 1647440
View attachment 1647449
also, as well as the “fat controller waistcoats” (chapeau that frau!) I see leggy was the inspo for leather kecks too.

Finally, I think this may be a FOURTH Burberry scarf! The other thinner one she has in the bottom two pics from @Knit one Pearl one looks more like the heritage print and colours; this one is mustard with blue in it. i wonder if she bought them when she was doing her pretty woman spite-shop at the Burberry store to really stick it to the ‘shop girl’?! :unsure:

Also, is this leather jacket already on the list?
View attachment 1647453
View attachment 1647455
View attachment 1647458
The right leg of those Viv trousers looks like the same fabric as this pair from 2014.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
View attachment 1647556

Sorry, I'm going wildly off thread, because I found this whilst trying to find that bloody pen photo. Pier PR were responsible for the Del Monte debacle, the results speak for themselves. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Incredibly successful.
Potential reach of 20 million.

Is it snowing in Pier’s office?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm sure many Fraus have had their ears and ears scorched by this but I'm going to post it anyway. That. Hair. Is. Dire.

Jack trying to emulate Kirsty MacColl is 100% my aneurysm.

Luckily I can't stand Billy Bragg these days so it's no loss that he's mates with Grifty McGriftface.

ETA Oops - wrong video posted originally, now corrected

I'd forgotten about this. Sung in the key of honk. Bragg is a detestable bleep too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
For the love of LJC will someone put me out of my misery and find these hideous Viv trousers?! They actually look like they might be jeans. Also, pretty sure this black jacket is a spendy thing as well though will be harder to 🔺Looking again, I’m not even convinced the pic of her in the street is the exact jacket in the awards pic. Is it two different really similar jackets?!

View attachment 1647440
View attachment 1647449
also, as well as the “fat controller waistcoats” (chapeau that frau!) I see leggy was the inspo for leather kecks too.

Finally, I think this may be a FOURTH Burberry scarf! The other thinner one she has in the bottom two pics from @Knit one Pearl one looks more like the heritage print and colours; this one is mustard with blue in it. i wonder if she bought them when she was doing her pretty woman spite-shop at the Burberry store to really stick it to the ‘shop girl’?! :unsure:

View attachment 1647453
View attachment 1647455
View attachment 1647458
I’m pretty confident all of those trousers are Westwood Red Label. My ex-OH worked for VW and had a fair few pairs as part of their uniform. I used to be a collector before she retired from designing and Andreas, her husband, took over. His designs are nowhere near as good and the cloth isn’t cut as well. I’ve sold almost all of my Westwood stuff now - it holds it’s value pretty well. I still follow a few collectors on Instagram, including one who has one of the largest private collections of archived stuff. They have the red trousers too.
I’m sure the waistcoat is Westwood too; the way it sits under the bust and at the waist looks like it’s cut in a Westwood style.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I rely on this hand for 100% of my living - cooking and writing - and when it doesn't work, it's terrifying.

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I do have a question about wallpaper, having never used it. Is £40 expensive for wallpaper, or is the shock placed on the fact that she's spent £40+ on various rolls of wallpaper that she's never used?
You need 8-12 rolls per room so £40 a roll is a bit pricey. Not Boris pricey, but most of us old dears are looking at 7- 10 a roll

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I think it's that she sees home ownership as the default at least for herself. She's from a family who own a home and owned extra ones to rent out to others. In her head renting is a Poors thing and so she's never been able to think of rented accomodation as her home. It's a bit sad really, she'll never have felt like she really belongs in the crappy bungalow. She's always got one eye on a mortgage or inheriting one of Big Dave's properties.

I am also now concerned that “Fox Painting” was some sort of retaliation for the garden hose incident
View attachment 1646666
ETA I think that yellow bit to the right of it says something about Dominic Cummings?! Yet another hot take, no doubt
The hose-eating scarf-stealing fox was actually the one who nicked the orange le creuset, but she was able to get it back by bribing them with a picture of Nigella's garden 😂

ETA as if you'd write "ADHD prescription" rather than just collect prescription or get prescription - especially if you have as many ailments as Jack you'd think there's dozens of prescriptions to list! Unless that's a euphemism for "order a new skip"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1647556

Sorry, I'm going wildly off thread, because I found this whilst trying to find that bloody pen photo. Pier PR were responsible for the Del Monte debacle, the results speak for themselves. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"Brief
Partner with an authentic, credible high-profile chef ambassador to raise the profile of Del Monte®"

Authentic! Credible!
Someone wasn't doing their due diligence here

• Haha

View attachment 1647440
View attachment 1647449

View attachment 1647453
View attachment 1647455
View attachment 1647458
Sorry for the double post. I’m almost certain the pink striped shirt is Westwood too. If you look closely you’ll see it is kind of ruffled and off kilter at the top; she done a collection of shirts called Drunk shirts. In most, but not all, the collar buttoned off centre. This one doesn’t but the shape of the seam with the buttons and the skew wiff pattern makes me confident this is VW too.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.