Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding the filler, as a filler Frau myself🔺here are my thoughts regarding the total number of mls.
She would certainly have had 1ml in her lips, this is a fairly standard amount for lips that look ‘natural’. I know she was starting from a baseline of lip poverty, but even still I don’t think she has more than 1ml at a time. I agree that it would last around a year, 6 months if you do things like chew your lip, don’t keep your lips hyrdrated or anything else that will make it disperse it quicker, so it’s possible she’s keeping them topped up more regularly.
Re the face, I’d say the changes are pretty noticeable, therefore my guess is she’s having 3-4ml at a time. You can get 2 year products which tend to be more expensive. I pay £270 per ml for a 2 year product but I do go to a clinic that is at the pricey end of the scale because if you feel you must duck around with your face, you want to be in well-trained hands IMO. As Jack doesn’t believe in scrimping at any time other than when she’s doing performative £20 Asda shops, she likely shares this philosophy. Plus, she may have different areas of her face filled at different times, so it’s not necessarily the case that she’s having the same areas treated each time.
If I was being conservative, I’d say 1ml per year for lips, plus an average of 3ml per 18 months for her face. Happy to be challenged on this. This is not including Botox obv, which she quite clearly has too. At the risk of doubly triangulating myself, I am rubbish at maths so this may not affect the overall total already estimated.
Nah lips are a regular, defo more than once a year, but it’s the spicy Pringles 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It’s just like the Apple store they have portable PoS terminals. The whole experience is basically the same as the Apple store just less enthusiastic lol. Her experience of the nasty SA is also…. atypical but I imagine some must mirror the treatment they receive 🤭
I've never been inside an Apple store either but I appreciate the explanation!

I had been trying to wrap my head around the exchange of money for goods when I could neither pick up the goods nor go to a payment point and it was just Confused Travolta gif.

Either way, Burberry does not look like the type of store where sales staff would be that blunt. Suspect she got a bemused glance from one of them and read into it all her feelings of inadequacy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve suddenly found the weird guilt I’ve carried for 5 years about buying a £120 pair of Doc Martens has disappeared after looking at Jacks “One Ridiculous Thing” purchases.

Jack - I was so poor that I’d spent the previous THREE winters wearing £3 Primark Converse Knock offs, so my feet were wet through and freezing cold constantly and all the painful foot issues that come with that, and had to replace them monthly. Because my Smol Humans having school shoes and wellies was more important.

So when I got a silly amount of money, I bought an excellent pair of boots that meant I would no longer spend 5 months of the year with cold, wet, painful feet. They’ve been worn every day there has been tit weather, they’re still going strong, yet I’ve still felt that weird guilt for buying a Spendy Item For Myself.

Actually poor people would spend money on something that makes their life better. Not some wanky designer tit that they never wear.
Absolutely this! About 20 years ago when I was just in my first job & flat my dad had a stroke. I remember visiting him in hospital every day, I had to go on the train then walk two miles to the hospital. I had cheap primark knock off uggs and they just drank the rain. My feet were a mess but I needed the money for travel, rent and things my dad needed (he later reimbursed me but I didn’t care about that, I just knew he needed it there & then). I remember putting loo roll in my shoes to soak up the wet in the hospital loos. I lost three stone with the worry & the walking.

My dad is now relatively better (he can walk a bit & his speech is about 80% back and he’s blind in one eye). But he walked me down the aisle 15 years ago 🥰

Now I have a good wage I always always buy hush puppy or doc marten boots. Dry feet are a blessing. And now I have a car of course. But it’s the boots I needed 20 years ago. I lived on 9p noodles, apples and the lovely meals my mum would do me once a week. I never told her how wet my feet were, so I do in a way understand pride. But I don’t think Jack has ever had literal trench foot.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Do they chain the expensive stuff to the rails like they used to do in Fenwicks on the second floor? I expect they have actual security in those shops. In recent times shops have been far less fussy about you going in - they do take drinks off you - because lots of people spend money there. Only places I’ve had to be let in and given a once over before entering are jewellers. (And I don’t dress up to go shopping and she’s thinner and younger than me). So her pretty woman sales girls are a figment of her imagination.
Yeah there’s usually those black wires/cords joining all the coats together with the boxes that work like those personal security key rings where if the pin is pulled out an alarm sounds. Those types of alarms are really easily triggered, I’ve done it just moving a bag to look at the other side of it. Currys etc use them too and similarly have done it on a camera too lol. But point being she wouldn’t have been able to take it off the rail even if she had wanted to as she’d need to shift 5+ jackets chained together? Plus realistically she’d have needed a SA to take her further back in the store to look at the full breadth of coats as the front of store would largely be lower ticket items like accessories/gifts/shoes/tbf Burberry do have a v limited range of their most popular coats up front, but she wasn’t buying them the coats she bought sound like the worst seasonal tit imaginable. She doesn’t even wear them so can only assume that she feels the same way 😳

I think she probably bought them online which is fine but felt the need to have an overcoming adversity tale to share to the weirdos on Twitter. Idk why she doesn’t just keep hush hush about the spending, or how this hasn’t tipped ppl off to her grift before?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Also; for many of us, we have had the poorer times and times we’ve had a bit more cash. I have never ever splurged on a designer item just because. I have designer things which my lovely husband and family have gifted me over the years, mainly handbags and scarves, and I look after them well. I just don’t think anyone who has known true hardship and who has a fairly inconsistent wage would really do that.

But I don’t think she’s seen true hardship, I don’t think she has an inconsistent wage (she always has the base ‘earnings’ of Patreon) and I also think she’s a compulsive spender/hoarder who had to have the latest shiny thing to impress strangers with.

Which she then has to hide or explain away otherwise her poor cosplay is ruined. She’s the richest poor person ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Absolutely this! About 20 years ago when I was just in my first job & flat my dad had a stroke. I remember visiting him in hospital every day, I had to go on the train then walk two miles to the hospital. I had cheap primark knock off uggs and they just drank the rain. My feet were a mess but I needed the money for travel, rent and things my dad needed (he later reimbursed me but I didn’t care about that, I just knew he needed it there & then). I remember putting loo roll in my shoes to soak up the wet in the hospital loos. I lost three stone with the worry & the walking.

My dad is now relatively better (he can walk a bit & his speech is about 80% back and he’s blind in one eye). But he walked me down the aisle 15 years ago 🥰

Now I have a good wage I always always buy hush puppy or doc marten boots. Dry feet are a blessing. And now I have a car of course. But it’s the boots I needed 20 years ago. I lived on 9p noodles, apples and the lovely meals my mum would do me once a week. I never told her how wet my feet were, so I do in a way understand pride. But I don’t think Jack has ever had literal trench foot.
Neither has she got pride

Reactions: 21
I have a spreadsheet dear heart, let me see what's what 🕵️‍♂️

Fillers:
£2,000 fillers (estimate, £250/ml x 2ml per year x 4 years)
This was doubled after I saw the first lot was at least 2018, not the 2020 I'd assumed (it was 2 years not 4).
The £1,000 line was deleted from the list.

Ray bans:
£146 Ray Ban sunglasses (one pair, probably multiple)
£300 2x more ray ban sunglasses
One pair was 🔺 and there are more so I've added 2 more pairs, 3 pairs in the list total.

I think if you're updating the wiki (I didn't know it had been copied there, chapeau) you'll have to delete the current list and paste in the latest one (big spenny list + new/updated):
There were various lines that were crossed out as they'd been replaced/updated elsewhere but those are now deleted.
For the next update I was planning to do something where it would be categorised into say clothes, shoes, electronics etc. to make it easier to read.
I thought it might be interesting to plug all her cotswolds furniture into their website and see what the monthly outgoing on hire purchase was, because surely she/LJC didn't drop £12k on furniture in one go? Or maybe they did...

• Wow
Reactions: 23
So basically, her FMs are more than happy to fund her lifestyle, which is pretending to be poor, which for some reason, costs about 10 grand a month to pull off?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Sorry if this has been shared before, but I just found this online... quite hilariously, I was looking because I'm going for dinner somewhere soon 🔺 that has it on the menu (!)🔺 and once I'd finished🦉🍾 I thought I'd better find out what it actually is.

1665655283955.png

Yes, I will be ordering it 🔺, and yes, I will share my experience with the canal. I wonder how many spoons it comes with.

Watch this space (as if you fuckers do anything else xx).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Finally caught up. Note to self: don't take the evening off reading JM threads even when there is no chaos happening.

A few things:

LAPTOPS - Jack was given a laptop by Samsung when she did their ad campaign so that accounts for 1 of the 3 devices she has/had.

TATTOOS - I thought the recent triangulation of her tatts by the Fraus was because she claimed she had all her tats before the pov? Unless I'm in a fugue state it was a response to someone on Twatter questioning her spending money on tatts whilst being poor. Anyway, this is a thread where she points out herself that she " Bought most of them with the royalties from my [counts on fingers] six books published after the first photo, ya big brave flag shagging gammon"

So, she buys Burberry coats, jackets, Viv (RIP) traaazers and Mulberry bags with her book advances and tattoos with her royalties. No wonder she can't pay her rent and has to rattle her tip jar frequently.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Is the big green book in reference to the Twitter account who keeps trying to give Jack’s books away? I wonder what the numbers mean. Income? Outgoings?
She had promised to fund a few copies of her book for his buy-a-stranger-a-book day.

Reactions: 21
I’ve suddenly found the weird guilt I’ve carried for 5 years about buying a £120 pair of Doc Martens has disappeared after looking at Jacks “One Ridiculous Thing” purchases.

Jack - I was so poor that I’d spent the previous THREE winters wearing £3 Primark Converse Knock offs, so my feet were wet through and freezing cold constantly and all the painful foot issues that come with that, and had to replace them monthly. Because my Smol Humans having school shoes and wellies was more important.

So when I got a silly amount of money, I bought an excellent pair of boots that meant I would no longer spend 5 months of the year with cold, wet, painful feet. They’ve been worn every day there has been tit weather, they’re still going strong, yet I’ve still felt that weird guilt for buying a Spendy Item For Myself.

Actually poor people would spend money on something that makes their life better. Not some wanky designer tit that they never wear.
The actual VBI in action

• Heart
Reactions: 26
So basically, her FMs are more than happy to fund her lifestyle, which is pretending to be poor, which for some reason, costs about 10 grand a month to pull off?
One described her as being a 'Top Princess', and that's how they view her. Also, I'd guess more than a few have similar tastes to Jack, so don't necessarily 'see' the cost of things ifyswim?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Finally caught up. Note to self: don't take the evening off reading JM threads even when there is no chaos happening.

A few things:

LAPTOPS - Jack was given a laptop by Samsung when she did their ad campaign so that accounts for 1 of the 3 devices she has/had.

TATTOOS - I thought the recent triangulation of her tatts by the Fraus was because she claimed she had all her tats before the pov? Unless I'm in a fugue state it was a response to someone on Twatter questioning her spending money on tatts whilst being poor. Anyway, this is a thread where she points out herself that she " Bought most of them with the royalties from my [counts on fingers] six books published after the first photo, ya big brave flag shagging gammon"

So, she buys Burberry coats, jackets, Viv (RIP) traaazers and Mulberry bags with her book advances and tattoos with her royalties. No wonder she can't pay her rent and has to rattle her tip jar frequently.

There's a photo of her in the disco kitchen mid-pov and she doesn't have as many tattoos as now. So, I think some happened pre-pov, some mid. She got another quite recently (the key/AA tag) even though she poorest poor to ever poor.

Reactions: 31
For some reason my links aren't showing in my earlier post.

Broken rainbow

Jack's tattoos

She spent her book royalties on tattoos and left her kid eating oxo sandwiches (or whatever)

And she doesn’t sit at home watching Jeremy Kyle, wow

• Sick
Reactions: 36
For some reason my links aren't showing in my earlier post.

Broken rainbow

Jack's tattoos

Is that Twitter thread archived/screenshot to death? Am I silly to ask? 😁

1665657180750.png

The difference, dear Jack, is some people (like me) wouldn't know a Mulberry bag if it slapped us in the face. But we do know what tats cost.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Screenshot 2022-10-13 11.34.02.png

I SHAN'T sit squigging the screenshots but from a rough count it looks like 132 bots have assembled.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.