Jack Monroe #414 Catch Me If You (Tin) Can

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s even stupider when you consider that in the same article where she claims she bought designer clobber as trauma-induced, post-poverty investments, she strongly implies that the reason she’s still struggling financially is because she’s still paying down debt she unavoidably ran up during The Poverty. OK Jack, you could’ve put several hundred quid towards paying off outstanding bills, but you bought a Viv Westwood dress instead? And we’re meant to fill your tip jar? Come on now.

Reactions: 58
I doubted myself for a minute, but I'm 99% sure this is the right bed.

This is no longer sold by Next, but the wayback machine still shows some details.

Jack admits she brought the bed from Next.

I believe the material colour is french grey, but I can't find a stock photo for it.

(Different material but correct bed size)

Prices from the wayback machine

Reactions: 32
She was. She said she was paying herself minimum wage, but also that she was working 80 hour weeks.

Reactions: 25

" I did a moving"

Reactions: 38
Could a kind ninny direct me to the thread where I can find this fabled black eye photo, please?

Edit: never mind, I found it - it's here if anyone else wants to see:

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
It wouldn't surprise me if someone with her spending habits has a drawer full of maxed out credit and store cards.

Reactions: 30
Dear Heart @That Forensic Man could I ask you to please check your figs in your latest list as I think there may be some double-counting on fillers and Raybans? Not to make life hard for myself but I decided to update your lovely list in the wiki (2), and I don't want @colouredlines coming along and deleting the work in due course!

The easiest thing to do would be to put it into a spreadsheet with a column for the cost and one for the item [filter and sort] and then we don't duplicate . Now I feel like a right twattage for saying that, as I'm hopeless at excel but I want an accurate wiki.

@witchofwestbyfleet not to you but I sense a fellow comms / PR person in the mix...fabulous updates - go well!

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
There was that wolf duvet set. They cost £20 down the market. It pays for itself in amusement value though.

Could a kind ninny direct me to the thread where I can find this fabled black eye photo, please?
The saga starts here:

But this is the iconic photo:

I have boys (now grown up). There was only one thing they ever drew
Quite. Bought my two spy pens one year every surface in the house probably has a badly drawn cock on it, visible only under uv light. It would be quite difficult to explain if a crime occurred here

Reactions: 93
The “thirst trap” pic: the worst part for me is the panel under her armpit which is a different colour to the rest of the top. Always makes me think is a really sweaty pit

Reactions: 30
Speaking of black eye Jack, it's a real classic of the genre. She obviously did actually hurt her eye, it's swollen. But that is 100% no argument highligher all over it plus squinting to make it look worse.

I think all her stories have a kernel of truth in them. I've always wondered what the sex work one was sprouted by? Did she sell feet pics on only fans or something? (Or to that mortgage advisor). Another Frau pointed out earlier that this was around the time she started up her brief and doomed to failure craftwork business so my personal headcanon is she had a one night stand with someone who later donated her some merino wool to knit a scarf to sell or something. These gritty streets.

Reactions: 43
I Googled ‘Jack Monroe black eye’ because no one was talking about it on Twitter and i thought I was going insane, and it brought me to Frauland….

Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.