Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she did actually get back to the guy who kindly offered to write her a business plan? She was going to " stew on that over the weekend". But.... another week, another blank slate on planet Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She is going to blame not finishing it on her mental health being too fragile, isn't she? Also I 100% believe she's drinking again - her late night tweets only make sense in that context.

I still can't believe she's given herself 40 days to write an entire book that she considers to be the most important of her career. I gave myself more time for my MA dissertation! And I didn't even have the responsibility of saving the entire nation's poor, helpless underclass weighing on my shoulders :rolleyes:
I don't think she is ready to go back to work personally. If indeed a Dr signed her off with ill health and it was a bad as it seemed you don't bounce pack after a couple of weeks. I know there bills to pay and all that but she should have sorted something to allow her this time off too get well.
She should have asked for an extension for the book when she was first signed off. I am sure it would have been allowed.

Now she's back to work and she isn't in the right mind frame to do it so it's going to be tit. I know this because when I was unwell and tried to push myself into doing something high pressured when I wasn't ready it went tits up and I might as well not have bothered.
She needs a proper break she needs to see what financial help if any is available to her and take proper time off in my opinion as she will get very little done with a bad head.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Don't wish to triangulate myself here, but the investment industry and private landlords are not really the mainstay of Institute of Housing members. To join you have to have a professional qualification in housing management. Most, if not all members are part of the social housing sector.

I am a member, and have kept up with my membership even though I retired on ill health ages ago. I love and have a passion for social housing provision. I have many friends working in the housing field, from housing officers up to director level in many Housing Associations.

Most of those attendees (and I know quite a few of them) are middle class, educated, highly professional and in very secure jobs. Many have never, and will never, require the service they provide. And that is where R Jackie fits the bill, she fits their assumption of what a poor person is. She is the acceptable face of poverty, articulate and not afraid to talk about her time in "poverty". However she will ingratiate herself with those attendees, not rocking the boat too muc. She wants return gigs. She isn't too confrontational, though she pretends to be all bolshi on Twitter. Full disclosure, I have seen her speak at conference, and she is not what she makes out she is.

I could tell more, but don't want to bore you all rigid.
Spot on- I have been lurking but her speaking at a housing conference has riled me. I too work in the industry at a senior level. I have met so many people who have the lived experience of unsecure housing and food poverty whose voice should be heard. Only on page 32 but had to reference this. ps Manc Bee without wishing to triangulate myself sounds like our paths might have crossed professionally.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I can't believe that she is just going to rehash accounts that have already been published. This book is going to be even more out of date than first thought.

Reactions: 20
I need a sit down, I’m worn out his morning trying to catch up.

Go amaranthus 👍

In normal mackie style she’s tied herself in knots with her lies and is frantically back peddling trying to cover her arse. Hopefully it will end in a huge face plant. Ooo how mean am I?😇

Reactions: 20
I need a sit down, I’m worn out his morning trying to catch up.

Go amaranthus 👍

In normal mackie style she’s tied herself in knots with her lies and is frantically back peddling trying to cover her arse. Hopefully it will end in a huge face plant. Ooo how mean am I?😇

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
So, as suspected, this magnum opus is just a cut and paste job cobbled together from other people’s work. How very typical of Jack.

ETA: apologies, I know lots of you have already said this but I’m on a minor Grunka and this made me furious. She is so crap and lazy! If you turned up at a tutorial with work like this in your first week as a uni student, you’d get sent away with a flea in your ear.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Who the duck does she think she is?
I can't believe that she is just going to rehash accounts that have already been published. This book is going to be even more out of date than first thought.
AND unnecessary AND noone asked for it AND noone needs it, rather like a verruca.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
With regard to that person Tweeting with a name referencing here. No doubt many people read here but are neither contributors or members. It is against the rules of Tattle for any of us to crossover information to other social media, as that would be considered bullying. If someone who isn't a member has their eyes opened by reading here and wishes to call her out on her inconsistencies, I don't see what can be done.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.