Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still fascinated by these blast from the past blogs (new to me - sorry to veteran fraus if this is old old news)

In this post she has just set up B&J & immediately starts saying she has used the 'profits' from the first month for the selfless charitable performance of making 50 sandwiches ; ) (Not buying more craft supplies etc to make stock to build business up). It's almost like she wasn't really doing much crafting or very interested in the project. She then goes on to ask people to get in touch as she is hoping to offer micro (not macro) grants to organisations. These are very blurry lines aren't they? From the off she is earning money personally & proclaiming that she is giving it away. But zero transparency. I'm posting about this as I think its relevant to her overall personality & intentions, there is a lot said about how she got swept up in the attention she received early on from guardian etc & social status she gained from Allegra & her Groucho type connections. But I think this shows her true colours from well before that all happened. Also, she uses the word CUFFLINKS at least twice. 😅

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
That CEO thing is very odd as Molly has talked about working as a HCA, wanting to be a nurse and how she lives in a house share (soon to be moving in with her boyfriend). There's nothing to suggest she is a CEO of anything, I wonder why they picked that??
I wondered if it was a really pathetic attempt to draw out information in the denial- 'I can't be CEO because I'm actually HCA for X company'. Molly, obviously isn't that stupid but sock seems stupid enough to think she might be.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Ugh I just did the Facebook search and it came up with one of my own posts, resharing her tripe back in 2019.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Took the weekend off for a family wedding (imagine that Jack! Noone got punched and a merry time was had by all). Saw the utter nonsense recirculating on twitter about 30p Lee then a quick catch-up here. Not much to add, other than the simp squigs annoyed me and I imagined them to look like this;

Their output has been assessed and summarised below.

Come on Jack, sue a Tory!
I miss Jack! Boo hoo!
Where is bootstrap cook to save us from the cost of living crisis?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I wondered if it was a really pathetic attempt to draw out information in the denial- 'I can't be CEO because I'm actually HCA for X company'. Molly, obviously isn't that stupid but sock seems stupid enough to think she might be.
One of the only people they are following is a CEO of a charity too. Definitely trying to get some FMs on the case.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
One of the only people they are following is a CEO of a charity too. Definitely trying to get some FMs on the case.
Molly also follows the same person which is presumably what attracted their attention. What an absolute weirdo.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Mods pls delete if not allowed but love how many charity shop stans we have here - there’s a thread for charity shop chatter if you want to come over!

The only thing I’d say is be careful not to doxx yourself by saying where you live!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I have previously contacted the fundraising regulator about Jack's Teemill endeavour:

Your complaint about Jack Monroe
Thank you for getting in touch with the Fundraising Regulator.
We have looked at your concerns and for the reasons explained in this email your complaint is outside of our remit.
That's disappointing to read. Thank you for taking the trouble to do it though.

Reactions: 40
If you look back at her old blogs thoroughly, it's pretty clear that her initial ambition was to get into local politics. There are countless incredibly dull entries covering minor disputes at Southend council meetings. Almost all the posts in the first year are about local Southend dramas (and apologies to Southend Frauen, but duck me, that is some boring tit). Even the original name of the blog was Our Southend.

I suspect that Bread & Jam, just like her volunteering and her posting Southend volunteering vacancies throughout summer 2012 and her other charitable endeavours, was an attempt to show her community spirit. The early blogs suggest that she really wanted to be a pillar of the community - she won an award in autumn 2012 for volunteering or giving back or some tit.

Then when the Sunday People feature happened, she realised that Sad Single Mum Can't Afford Xmas was a better story than Plucky Single Mum Saves Southend From The Tories.

You can see the whiplash in December 2012:

11/12: Jack's circumstances have improved but she continues to spend 10£ a week on food because she's used to it and doesn't need to spend more: https://web.archive.org/web/2013021...2/12/11/10-a-week-food-shop-shopping-list-etc

23/12: Sunday People starring Sad Jackie Munroe: https://web.archive.org/web/2013013...oung-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

29/12: Jack has 2p in the bank: https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...k.com/2012/12/29/2012-tears-fears-and-cheers/

I think I differ from a lot of you in that I don't believe she set out to be a grifter (I think most of her crappy money stuff is due to just due to her being incredibly lazy and also quite thick). Instead, she was motivated by fame and recognition. That started out as being locally known within Southend politics, then pivoted post-Sunday People to a bigger stage. You can see her monstrous ego at play as far back as May '12, when she clearly already saw herself as locally famous:

Screenshot_20221010-135107_Chrome.jpg

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Yeah, she had to backtrack after it was softly, gently explained to her that the UK domestic electricity system runs on 240 volts. She really doesn't have a clue. The problem is that she sells herself as some sort of advocate - so giving out duff information on her big public platform is irresponsible at the very least.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Thank(space)you so much for sharing all the old blogs. I thought I had a two Open University degrees in Jackology and Jackonomics, but it turns out I've just done some foundation modules.

Absolutely gobsmacked at all the evidence that contradicts her origin story. I mean, I knew it didn't add up and I know she exaggerates everything, but still....WTAF!?!

It is really damning.

Feel a bit sad after viewing the Facebook posts. A few people I know (including one of the biggest-hearted, loveliest people I've ever met in my life - who does lots to help people in poverty) have liked a lot of the posts. In fact, Lovely Big Heart seems to have donated to the Trussell Trust fundraiser.

I feel so angry on her behalf.

Go well Fraus, you're doing amazing work. Now duck off (sorry 🐝) x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.