Jack Monroe #413 The flying monkeys are more like limping chimpanzees these days

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still fascinated by these blast from the past blogs (new to me - sorry to veteran fraus if this is old old news)

In this post she has just set up B&J & immediately starts saying she has used the 'profits' from the first month for the selfless charitable performance of making 50 sandwiches ; ) (Not buying more craft supplies etc to make stock to build business up). It's almost like she wasn't really doing much crafting or very interested in the project. She then goes on to ask people to get in touch as she is hoping to offer micro (not macro) grants to organisations. These are very blurry lines aren't they? From the off she is earning money personally & proclaiming that she is giving it away. But zero transparency. I'm posting about this as I think its relevant to her overall personality & intentions, there is a lot said about how she got swept up in the attention she received early on from guardian etc & social status she gained from Allegra & her Groucho type connections. But I think this shows her true colours from well before that all happened. Also, she uses the word CUFFLINKS at least twice. 😅

It's this kind of stuff that absolutely shoots down any kind of narrative that she was "grindingly poor"/on the breadline at this time - if you genuinely couldn't feed yourself or your child, why on earth would you donate the profits of your work to others? Unless of course, she is taking a cut for her own time and effort, which also sets up her terrible practices around personal vs charity money right from the start. It's all muddled up together, with no transparency or separation at all. "Donating the profits to charity" is a good shield from accusations of impropriety though...
With the nicest possible interpretation, Jack is a simpleton with a kind heart who is terrible at managing her finances because she always puts others first and would give away all her money, even if she was left hungry and suffering.
In a less kind interpretation, claiming that you're doing everything for charity is a great way of avoiding questions about how much is being raised and where it's going.

As a former charity employee I have no problem with people being paid to do charity work (the charity world cannot be sustained by the efforts of retired folk and trust fund Ladies Wot Lunch) but I think transparency is vital.
Reading those early blogs makes me cringe with what an entitled idiot she appears to be about, well, everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
If you look back at her old blogs thoroughly, it's pretty clear that her initial ambition was to get into local politics. There are countless incredibly dull entries covering minor disputes at Southend council meetings. Almost all the posts in the first year are about local Southend dramas (and apologies to Southend Frauen, but duck me, that is some boring tit). Even the original name of the blog was Our Southend.

I suspect that Bread & Jam, just like her volunteering and her posting Southend volunteering vacancies throughout summer 2012 and her other charitable endeavours, was an attempt to show her community spirit. The early blogs suggest that she really wanted to be a pillar of the community - she won an award in autumn 2012 for volunteering or giving back or some tit.

Then when the Sunday People feature happened, she realised that Sad Single Mum Can't Afford Xmas was a better story than Plucky Single Mum Saves Southend From The Tories.

You can see the whiplash in December 2012:

11/12: Jack's circumstances have improved but she continues to spend 10£ a week on food because she's used to it and doesn't need to spend more: https://web.archive.org/web/2013021...2/12/11/10-a-week-food-shop-shopping-list-etc

23/12: Sunday People starring Sad Jackie Munroe: https://web.archive.org/web/2013013...oung-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

29/12: Jack has 2p in the bank: https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...k.com/2012/12/29/2012-tears-fears-and-cheers/

I think I differ from a lot of you in that I don't believe she set out to be a grifter (I think most of her crappy money stuff is due to just due to her being incredibly lazy and also quite thick). Instead, she was motivated by fame and recognition. That started out as being locally known within Southend politics, then pivoted post-Sunday People to a bigger stage. You can see her monstrous ego at play as far back as May '12, when she clearly already saw herself as locally famous:

View attachment 1639872
She was even listed as being in the Labour Party, some junior role, around the time she did her first £10 a week food challenge. I have hazy memories of the insomnia grunk I did awhile back lol.

I completely agree with you, she wanted to be in politics but grabbed her chance at fame with the struggling, single mum schtick. That original food challenge was a lightbulb moment to her.

Reactions: 38
130v appliances wouldn't work on our electricity, would they, because ours is 240v? Because they don't work here they're not sold here, and she'd have to import an American one at vast expense and customs duty fees, and buy an expensive converter to make the voltage work?
And the conversion wouldn't be 100% efficient, so even after doing all that work it'd still be more expensive to run. It's too daft even to be a Viz Top Tip.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wondered if it was a really pathetic attempt to draw out information in the denial- 'I can't be CEO because I'm actually HCA for X company'. Molly, obviously isn't that stupid but sock seems stupid enough to think she might be.
Maybe they think molly is somebody else who is a CEO 🤔

Reactions: 14
Yeah, she had to backtrack after it was softly, gently explained to her that the UK domestic electricity system runs on 240 volts. She really doesn't have a clue. The problem is that she sells herself as some sort of advocate - so giving out duff information on her big public platform is irresponsible at the very least.
I think it was the same morning as the gas radiator 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Amongst all the bullshit and lies it's easy to forget how bleeping thick she is.

Fifty quid a month to run a fridge! Then she tried to pretend it was some industrial model, but we all knwo it's the smeg one she found at the tip.

And lets not even get started on her belief that radiators actually have gas in them.

@Bwidge Snap.

• Haha
Reactions: 84
Jack's Maths is worse than mine. Silly mare didn't even know what a kilowatt was for that energy company shill.
Unfortunately, she's too thick to realise how little she actually knows and understands about these things. That's why she shouldn't be setting herself up as a budgeting expert and giving people advice.

Reactions: 52
If you look back at her old blogs thoroughly, it's pretty clear that her initial ambition was to get into local politics. There are countless incredibly dull entries covering minor disputes at Southend council meetings. Almost all the posts in the first year are about local Southend dramas (and apologies to Southend Frauen, but duck me, that is some boring tit). Even the original name of the blog was Our Southend.

I suspect that Bread & Jam, just like her volunteering and her posting Southend volunteering vacancies throughout summer 2012 and her other charitable endeavours, was an attempt to show her community spirit. The early blogs suggest that she really wanted to be a pillar of the community - she won an award in autumn 2012 for volunteering or giving back or some tit.

Then when the Sunday People feature happened, she realised that Sad Single Mum Can't Afford Xmas was a better story than Plucky Single Mum Saves Southend From The Tories.

You can see the whiplash in December 2012:

11/12: Jack's circumstances have improved but she continues to spend 10£ a week on food because she's used to it and doesn't need to spend more: https://web.archive.org/web/2013021...2/12/11/10-a-week-food-shop-shopping-list-etc

23/12: Sunday People starring Sad Jackie Munroe: https://web.archive.org/web/2013013...oung-mum-turns-off-heating-so-she-can-1502710

29/12: Jack has 2p in the bank: https://web.archive.org/web/2013011...k.com/2012/12/29/2012-tears-fears-and-cheers/

I think I differ from a lot of you in that I don't believe she set out to be a grifter (I think most of her crappy money stuff is due to just due to her being incredibly lazy and also quite thick). Instead, she was motivated by fame and recognition. That started out as being locally known within Southend politics, then pivoted post-Sunday People to a bigger stage. You can see her monstrous ego at play as far back as May '12, when she clearly already saw herself as locally famous:

View attachment 1639872
These deep dives into her blog are quite enlightening. The same shopping list keeps her and SB well fed and even slightly "pudgy" round the edges but also leaves them hungry and in abject poverty. Schrodinger's shopping list?

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Amongst all the bullshit and lies it's easy to forget how bleeping thick she is.

Fifty quid a month to run a fridge!
Yes, if I was doing that maths and I came up with an answer that told me that my fridge was consuming fully three quarters of my monthly electricity bill, I'd assume I'd cocked it up somewhere and start again, having dome some basic research first. But she just fired off a thread without thinking "oooh, hang on a second," first. And if she did unplug her fridge did her electricity bill drop by £50 a month?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I tried working out a timeline of tattoos while I was scrolling through her insta. But obviously it doesn't go back to the pov era.

The photo posted by colouredlines is, according to Jack, from 2011.
By November 2013 at the latest the skull tattoo has been covered (badly) with the floral piece. Looks like some other stuff has been added on as well?

View attachment 1639264

She posted a picture of this one in September 2012, it's unclear when she got it.

View attachment 1639282

Two stills also from Dec 2013
View attachment 1639267
View attachment 1639269

When I say that the flower cover-up was bad, I mean it was dire.

View attachment 1639287

View attachment 1639304

Not sure how many she started with but by June 2015 she's up to 28 tatts.

View attachment 1639293

She went "on tour" to the USA in August/September 2015 and got this monstrosity. I'd ask her to cover it in professional contexts too.

View attachment 1639303

View attachment 1639294

View attachment 1639295

By April 2016 the skull/rose is covered up again and we are somehow at 40-odd tattoos!

View attachment 1639309

This utter nonsense was made permanent in late 2016.

View attachment 1639313

And then in 2017 she's broke and begging for money again. Makes you think.

I wonder where this poor woman is now, and if she's still a fan.
View attachment 1639316

So bleeping professional, Jack
View attachment 1639318

And last but not least
View attachment 1639319
Jack and potatoes is never not going to bring a smile to my face.
Is that a woman having sex with a skeleton? Cos skeletons don't have willies 🤣
Sorry not sorry but her tats are tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.