Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, stellar editing there Bluebird. Personally I don't want to think about ovaries, arteries or Elvis dying on the toilet when I'm making dinner so that's a brave decision to leave that in.
OH GOD, my brain had already shut down from the ovary part and the last bit didn't even register.

Why would you talk about Elvis dying on a toilet and then throw in the word "aroma" 😩. Does she not get that this descriptive imagery is the last thing needed when you're trying to make people feel hungry and want to cook your horrible recipes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Oh definitely, and at least this one's not promising anything in return. An honourable scammer :unsure:
Can you mention who the account is? If they have over 16k followers now, so large account then its ok to mention them. I'm nosy is all 😂.

I think this squig is a wee bit confused still...

Screenshot_20221004-100540_Chrome~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 141
Mine just honks recites this -

View attachment 1624802

For newer frauen, yes this is from one of her published books.
Why for the love of LJC, had she brought her ovaries into this? It doesn’t even make sense!

She seems to want to shoehorn mentions of her reproductive system into the strangest places..

Here it’s like the whole point of her living is to reproduce or something. It’s just a bizarre way for a woman of her age to talk.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I know there is a Bad Sex in Fiction award, I wonder if there is a similar one for food writing.
I remember other times that Jack Left, not many of her followers were overly concerned, given how many of them there are. She has primed the pump for them this time with her pinned post. Still no deluge.
For me the biggest underlying issue is how easy it is to raise funds, online or otherwise, on a personal basis , and how little accountability there is.
This!

How many of her half million followers have just forgotten they're following her? JM won't appear in their newsfeeds on a regular basis, especially as she's mostly tweeting late at night or through the night. This is probably the reason the follower number won't drop dramatically - I bet if Twitter automatically unfollowed if you've had no interaction with someone after a set time*, she'd be dropping faster than her knickers at a burger baiting party a stone bed pan full of hot pumbles ashes!

*I wish Twatter and Instagram would do this. Would love to see ALL of the fake bought followers :mad: on IG disappear overnight, rather than just a handful, and see what it did to certain influenzas' - like Hunch - follower numbers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
This!

How many of her half million followers have just forgotten they're following her? JM won't appear in their newsfeeds on a regular basis, especially as she's mostly tweeting late at night or through the night. This is probably the reason the follower number won't drop dramatically - I bet if Twitter automatically unfollowed if you've had no interaction with someone after a set time*, she'd be dropping faster than her knickers at a burger baiting party a stone bed pan full of hot pumbles ashes!

*I wish Twatter and Instagram would do this. Would love to see ALL of the fake bought followers :mad: on IG disappear overnight, rather than just a handful, and see what it did to certain influenzas' - like Hunch - follower numbers!

I followed Jack for years on Twitter without her presence there even registering with me. I wasn’t a massive Twitter user anyway, and when I did go on there I just scrolled past things that didn’t really interest me (like her). If anything I just thought she was a bit irritating. I don’t watch daytime TV so never came across any of her appearances there. It was only reading HH2 out of curiosity (I couldn’t believe she was still so skint 10 years on) that alerted me to her grift. Now I follow her for the lols.
I imagine she doesn’t register with many of her followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
If I were going to do a parody Jack account, what I would do isn’t satirise her - I’d do a better version of what she does. Post recipes, highlight others, offer inisight

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She cannot pull off sexy writing. Or writing in general. Or food. The last thing anyone wants to think about here is cupcake frosting, fish, brown specks or Jack Monroe's ovaries (really, her ovaries? Is she yearning to give birth to a giant pile of anchovy paste? This isn't make any sense).

I've just experienced like 10 different emotions at once. Wtf is her editor playing at?
The problem with editing her writing is that you’d have nothing left at the end of the process!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Oh LJC she didn’t actually write this? Tell me you’re joking, I beg of you.
I absolutely love it when a recently signed up Frau reads something Jack has written and thinks we've made it up.

With Jack there is no need to guild the lily, her own words are enough to turn your stomach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
Well she wrote an entire recipe for a prune smoothie with an intro that implied it’d make you tit yourself, so a bit of veg wanking seems on-brand for her.

Also, remember the days where she tried to go all Nigella with the sexy food names. Come to Bed Carbonara. Boak.
And then she gave up any pretense of subtlety and came up with "duck Me Sauce." :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Why does she *hate* food? Courgettes can be the most delicious thing if cooked with love, anybody trying that will be put off for LIFE. And another thing: what, in the name of all that's holy, is her f*cking obsession with lemon juice?? I know it's a Cypriot thing (visited there many years ago), but there is no need for it to feature in every.single.dish. Also, bottled juice is rank. Sorry for the rant, I actually like food.😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.