Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part of me wishes I was ballsy enough to try something like that. I mean, easy money with very little chance of any scrutiny. You can see why it's tempting.
Oh definitely, and at least this one's not promising anything in return. An honourable scammer :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
No jokes tender one, it is the intro to a recipe for anchovy butter pasta, in Good Food for Bad Days.
How bad would your day have to be. Like seriously I would need to have been made homeless, told that everyone I loved had died in a freak yachting accident and that I have gonorrhea.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
How bad would your day have to be. Like seriously I would need to have been made homeless, told that everyone I loved had died in a freak yachting accident and that I have gonorrhea.
I can say with absolute certainty that I would rather have that super gonorrhoea that turns your bellend green than eat Jack's anchovy butter.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
Morning loves. I have a vital deadline today so here I am instead. Just wanted to comment on a post from about 7 pages back - some middle of the night hilarity re Jack droning on at AA meetings & how awful for the other attendees. I have attended only a handful of meetings some time ago - sat at the back trying not to draw attention to myself. IIRC the chair of the meeting kept a tight rein on the stories being shared & the length of time a person could speak for. I'm fairly sure there was guidance to keep the shares to the persons experiences with alcohol & staying sober, that it was not a time or place for me-railing or advice seeking or giving. The timer was invoked gently or less gently if the off topic or running on continued (bit like on here sometimes).
Please would experienced fellowship fraus chip in if I'm getting it wrong. But if my recollection is correct it reaffirms my view that JM does not attend meetings at all. The way she has talked of going to a meeting to share about her day of mortgage applications etc does not ring true at all.
So on the one hand, she's bullshitting about something so precious & vital to its members, on the other at least if it's made up no-one is actually having to suffer her company. x
All meetings are different. Timed sharing and restrictions on subject matter are relatively new innovations in AA and more common in big cities ime. Smaller meetings in regional places tend to be more old fashioned and you can wang on about whatever you like, just like in the good old days 🤣. (Unless you’re in the famous Venice Beach meetings where everyone wears suits and wangs on about God.)

Personally I think Jack only ever went to 12 step meetings seeking narc supply, which is also a fairly common phenom, and because she wanted an excuse to preach at people on Twitter and stop them questioning her.

Plot twist: it’s not working any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
And after all that, that anchovy recipe would still make my day worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She thinks she's being edgy, just like when she jokes about masterbation during her 'talks'. She needs to look up the word inappropriate before opening her gob, or her keyboard.
It reminds me of Spice Girls interviews from the 90s where Geri and Mel B used to go on about farting and how asparagus turns your pee green. The difference is that this would have been very edgy for pre-teen Smash Hits readers. Whereas Jack is ostensibly talking to adults.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She thinks she's being edgy, just like when she jokes about masterbation during her 'talks'. She needs to look up the word inappropriate before opening her gob, or her keyboard.
Also when she says "I'm really sweary" with the giddy hyena laugh and goes in to pepper the next few lines with swears.
Woo, go you maverick. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I guess because she's asking for funding for herself?
That is who I meant. A few people have been prosecutedfor claiming to have cancer and needing money for treatment in America but using the funds for holidays etc. Absolute scum.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Mine just honks recites this -

View attachment 1624802

For newer frauen, yes this is from one of her published books.
She cannot pull off sexy writing. Or writing in general. Or food. The last thing anyone wants to think about here is cupcake frosting, fish, brown specks or Jack Monroe's ovaries (really, her ovaries? Is she yearning to give birth to a giant pile of anchovy paste? This isn't make any sense).

I've just experienced like 10 different emotions at once. Wtf is her editor playing at?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
I know there is a Bad Sex in Fiction award, I wonder if there is a similar one for food writing.
I remember other times that Jack Left, not many of her followers were overly concerned, given how many of them there are. She has primed the pump for them this time with her bio information about abuse. Still no deluge.
For me the biggest underlying issue is how easy it is to raise funds, online or otherwise, on a personal basis , and how little accountability there is.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Mine just honks recites this -

View attachment 1624802

For newer frauen, yes this is from one of her published books.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a nutshell this means "Jack Monroe grifter likes sucking fishy-smelling fingers", yes?

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Morning nefarious, mendacious ninnies! Well, that ⬆⬆⬆ was quite the morning treat read! :mRegretting taking the salmon ~fancy~ out of the freezer for tonight's meal now! :cry:
(Nah, it'll be OK, JM doesn't live rent-free in my head - as soon as I close Tattle, she's gone. Sorry Wacko! Unless something triggering pops up and makes me shudder or laugh for no apparent reason!)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I know there is a Bad Sex in Fiction award, I wonder if there is a similar one for food writing.
I remember other times that Jack Left, not many of her followers were overly concerned, given how many of them there are. She has primed the pump for them this time with her bio information about abuse. Still no deluge.
For me the biggest underlying issue is how easy it is to raise funds, online or otherwise, on a personal basis , and how little accountability there is.
Haha I love that award. Didn't Alan Titmarsh win it one year.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.