Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the worst thing about her writing is the fact that now I've listened to her on several media appearances, I hear her words in that horrible stuffy, snotty, nasal whine.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
OH had a rare moment of wisdom this morning as we chased the kids out of the house for school: "Jack Monroe doesn't want to solve poverty, or anyone else to solve poverty, or else she's got no income stream"

Jesus. When you think of it like that....... explains the crying and wailing, grifying and self serving but lack of actual tangible action or signposting.
It's something I realised a while ago. It's why she barely mentions Universal Basic Income, because if people had a reliable, no questions asked, source of income that enabled them to live with dignity, she'd be out of a "job".

It's also why she does her performative £20 shops. She would deny it with a ferocious screeching but those £20 shops play right into the hands of people like Lee Anderson MP, by "proving" that benefits are fine as they are, the poors just need to plan a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Morning loves. I have a vital deadline today so here I am instead. Just wanted to comment on a post from about 7 pages back - some middle of the night hilarity re Jack droning on at AA meetings & how awful for the other attendees. I have attended only a handful of meetings some time ago - sat at the back trying not to draw attention to myself. IIRC the chair of the meeting kept a tight rein on the stories being shared & the length of time a person could speak for. I'm fairly sure there was guidance to keep the shares to the persons experiences with alcohol & staying sober, that it was not a time or place for me-railing or advice seeking or giving. The timer was invoked gently or less gently if the off topic or running on continued (bit like on here sometimes).
Please would experienced fellowship fraus chip in if I'm getting it wrong. But if my recollection is correct it reaffirms my view that JM does not attend meetings at all. The way she has talked of going to a meeting to share about her day of mortgage applications etc does not ring true at all.
So on the one hand, she's bullshitting about something so precious & vital to its members, on the other at least if it's made up no-one is actually having to suffer her company. x

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Spoiler: snot alert

A long time ago, I shagged someone whose nose ran after sex. I wonder if they were related to Jack?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
It's something I realised a while ago. It's why she barely mentions Universal Basic Income, because if people had a reliable, no questions asked, source of income that enabled them to live with dignity, she'd be out of a "job".

It's also why she does her performative £20 shops. She would deny it with a ferocious screeching but those £20 shops play right into the hands of people like Lee Anderson MP, by "proving" that benefits are fine as they are, the poors just need to plan a bit.
But she's been campaigning for UBI for over a decade...according to her...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m sorry, but whoever called her ‘Honk Monroe’ had me in absolute stitches this morning 😫😂😂😂 Honk takes herself far too seriously she really does. Makes it all the more amusing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Also, remember the days where she tried to go all Nigella with the sexy food names. Come to Bed Carbonara. Boak.
Morning nefarious ninnies! I looked both recipes up (JM’s is on the Guardian online, Nigella’s in her book 🔺 ) and yes absolutely x she is copying her. Not that her ripping off someone else’s work or words is news!

• Wow
Reactions: 33
I'm watching something similar unfold on twitter at the moment, this person gained 16k followers in 6 weeks mostly after recently declaring she's autistic, adhd, no friends or family, then she set up a gofundme "for a course she has to self-fund". Same behaviour as JM really, a follower asks for proof re. course, she then deactivates for 2 days. Comes back after "having felt suicidal due to online abuse and attacks" Never proof of abuse, the funding question is never answered:rolleyes: It's quite something to watch, she's already at £5600!

Who said romance was dead 🤧
Part of me wishes I was ballsy enough to try something like that. I mean, easy money with very little chance of any scrutiny. You can see why it's tempting.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm watching something similar unfold on twitter at the moment, this person gained 16k followers in 6 weeks mostly after recently declaring she's autistic, adhd, no friends or family, then she set up a gofundme "for a course she has to self-fund". Same behaviour as JM really, a follower asks for proof re. course, she then deactivates for 2 days. Comes back after "having felt suicidal due to online abuse and attacks" Never proof of abuse, the funding question is never answered:rolleyes: It's quite something to watch, she's already at £5600!

Who said romance was dead 🤧
How is that any different to those people who claim to have cancer and do not. Hope she gets the Po Po at her door

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.