Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is who I meant. A few people have been prosecutedfor claiming to have cancer and needing money for treatment in America but using the funds for holidays etc. Absolute scum.
I know, but I suppose she could say she's doing the course next year or something? It does seem the more labels and hashtags you attach to your name, you do attract like-minded people but also the bigger the financial possibilities

Reactions: 14
I think her new straight to DVD quality book might do quite well unfortunately. Endorsement by the Trussell Trust plus the cost of living crisis might make the book seem like a prudent purchase by the middle classes which of course is incredibly patronising.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
It will be interesting to see how it fares against Sali Hughes book which really is aimed at the middle classes, imparting such wisdom as how to chop an onion. I guess Jack’s equivalent will be how to make an onion as unappetising as possible

• Haha
Reactions: 35
It will be interesting to see how it fares against Sali Hughes book which really is aimed at the middle classes, imparting such wisdom as how to chop an onion. I guess Jack’s equivalent will be how to make an onion as unappetising as possible
It'll be Jack making the onion shed tears.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I think her new straight to DVD quality book might do quite well unfortunately. Endorsement by the Trussell Trust plus the cost of living crisis might make the book seem like a prudent purchase by the middle classes which of course is incredibly patronising.
I’m not sure even the middle classes will spunk £20 on a book of inedible recipes and bizarre household tips. It might sell a lot when it makes the bargain bins.

Reactions: 33
Same thing with Jo Cox. She took a tiny SB to a vigil and took a tonne of photos trying to imply she was assisting the family and was in some way involved with the family.
Jo's real life friends told Jack to duck off inserting herself into the family's grief.
That's dreadful, didn't know that

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
I just asked Twitter to close her account as it goes against her fr
Are you ninnies familiar with Lucia (EF Benson), of the Mapp and Lucia books? She's always struck me as a Poundland Lucia, trying so hard to be something she's not and never will be. At least Lucia knew how to manage detractors.😁
Au reservoir

Why did it put two of my replies together?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Got home just now and turned the TV on to be met with a nasal honk while I was putting the shopping away and thought she'd somehow got another TV gig but fortunately it was only Ann Widdecombe

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I absolutely love it when a recently signed up Frau reads something Jack has written and thinks we've made it up.
When I first started reading here I wondered why so many of you had chosen awful selfies as your profile pictures before it dawned on me they were actually all of JM 😂 (in my defense, they're really tiny on my phone)

She doesn't look like the same person one minute to the next!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It's now back in the award stand on the stairs window sill, can see the same markings on the blade.
Not sure I'd choose to store 2x kitchen knives there myself if they're ouchy pointy.

View attachment 1624436
See, what's missing here is a BAFTA.
- Really makes you think.

Bonus point for the stone jar, bottom right though.. 'Cooks Nips' (?)
Perhaps for emergency, mid recipe, thot shot, sideboard/hammock sexy purposes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
You squeeze the liquid from a courgette before adding 250ml - TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLILITRES - of water to 125g of gram flour? And that’s published? Cheek of it. This, after everything, this right here might be my aneurism.
No wonder it didn't taste of anything!! At least the courgette water had flavour before or was discarded, without fear nor favour!

Also, that is such a basic ingredient list! Why not sprinkle a bit of sumac on it or something? Put some flavour in! Gah, she's a misery masticator.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
All this chat of Tucci (💘) and courgettes has made me want to tell you all that my Harold and I grew courgettes this year 🔺 simply to make the courgette pasta from his telly programme. Reader: we had it every week.
If you haven't tried it, please, treat yo'self (fried courgettes, butter, basil, fuckload of cheese, Jack could never)

p.s. thank you @Orphan_Black for the stunning profile pic

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I just asked Twitter to close her account as it goes against her fr

Au reservoir

Why did it put two of my replies together?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
A fellow Luciaphile! ❤❤❤❤ I really want to go to Tilling... er, Rye in pilgrimage.😁

I've found it does that (on my phone) if I reply to two posts in quick succession.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Well lads, she’s truly fucked it hasn’t she? Painted herself into a corner with under roasted potatoes and narcissism. I’m convinced there’s no way back for her now, once you’re a laughing stock it’s over.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.