Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something tells me this book in Jan is going to tank.

1: is just after christmas, so people will be skint.
2: the cost of living crisis, people are not going to choose between a 'tit tip" book and eating or heating.
3: it looks like its full of nonsense.
4: Her fanbase( the ones who actually know who she is) has dwindled.

In all honesty it seems like a waste of ink and paper.

Reactions: 62
Something tells me this book in Jan is going to tank.

1: is just after christmas, so people will be skint.
2: the cost of living crisis, people are not going to choose between a 'tit tip" book and eating or heating.
3: it looks like its full of nonsense.
4: Her fanbase( the ones who actually know who she is) has dwindled.

In all honesty it seems like a waste of ink and paper.
I wonder if a whole load of students are going be heading back to uni in January with a copy purchased by well meaning parents.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
‘I often get readers asking what they should do with a courgette and being a polite girl, I’m inclined to give an answer of the culinary variety.’

Really? You wrote that down? In a cookbook? 🤮🤮🤮🤮
She seriously needs to be on trial for crimes against food.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think Jack has a lot of historic followers from the court case time. I know lots of people who opened a Twitter and never use it, or only look when like Eurovision is on. It’s why her interaction rates are so poor.
On social media you need new and engaged followers constantly, she’s not getting that. She never gets on prime time tv to help raise it. She does 5 minute snippets on daytime tv. Now if she was on say Saturday Kitchen or the One Show…..

When was the last time she had a newspaper article, have they tailed off now? Obviously Hungry Hurts Part Deux didn’t get her anything.

Reactions: 40
We were watching Stanley Tucci last night. Still waiting for my recipes from Venice in Italian 😂

Also courgettes are extremely versatile and there’s lots you can do with them. If you can’t make a decent recipe from them you really are tit.
Are you ninnies familiar with Lucia (EF Benson), of the Mapp and Lucia books? She's always struck me as a Poundland Lucia, trying so hard to be something she's not and never will be. At least Lucia knew how to manage detractors.😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Not sure she's ever spoken up for women other than Jack? She made the Sarah Everard case all about her.
Same thing with Jo Cox. She took a tiny SB to a vigil and took a tonne of photos trying to imply she was assisting the family and was in some way involved with the family.
Jo's real life friends told Jack to duck off inserting herself into the family's grief.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 102
I wonder if a whole load of students are going be heading back to uni in January with a copy purchased by well meaning parents.
I am also a bit dubious that it is being marketed in association with the Trussell Trust. Or is that just the e-book?* Any mention of if by them will lend it legitimacy to their followers.

* I've checked, and it is the e-book, published at the same time, which will be available from the Trussell website, and the publishers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Part of me wishes I was ballsy enough to try something like that. I mean, easy money with very little chance of any scrutiny. You can see why it's tempting.
I think I know who you mean - pops on my tl from time to time. I looked at it and thought yeah, no mate, sorry.

Reactions: 8
Same thing with Jo Cox. She took a tiny SB to a vigil and took a tonne of photos trying to imply she was assisting the family and was in some way involved with the family.
Jo's real life friends told Jack to duck off inserting herself into the family's grief.
She really has no morals does she 🤮

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Shes not a feminist in any way shape or form. I think she’s got a lot of internalised misogyny. Plus, she’s a Pickme to the max.

Anchovy butter is obviously a thing, and it’s lovely, which is why I take exception to Jack implying that she’s invented it and doing so in such horrible purple prose as to make it sound disgusting.

That bit about groaning ovaries reminds me of Spike Milligan’s parody of Lady Chatterleys Lover.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
She cannot pull off sexy writing. Or writing in general. Or food. The last thing anyone wants to think about here is cupcake frosting, fish, brown specks or Jack Monroe's ovaries (really, her ovaries? Is she yearning to give birth to a giant pile of anchovy paste? This isn't make any sense).

I've just experienced like 10 different emotions at once. Wtf is her editor playing at?
Or 'ovarlies', as someone I know calls them. Pity Jack's ovarlies and arteries hadn't started harmonizing like the Everlys - Elvis could've joined in.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I’m sorry, but whoever called her ‘Honk Monroe’ had me in absolute stitches this morning 😫😂😂😂 Honk takes herself far too seriously she really does. Makes it all the more amusing
Why, thank you! I do wonder about The Nasalities of Honk Monroe a lot, you know?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
All meetings are different. Timed sharing and restrictions on subject matter are relatively new innovations in AA and more common in big cities ime. Smaller meetings in regional places tend to be more old fashioned and you can wang on about whatever you like, just like in the good old days 🤣. (Unless you’re in the famous Venice Beach meetings where everyone wears suits and wangs on about God.)

Personally I think Jack only ever went to 12 step meetings seeking narc supply, which is also a fairly common phenom, and because she wanted an excuse to preach at people on Twitter and stop them questioning her.

Plot twist: it’s not working any more.
Thank you @moldwarp I knew I might be missing something & of course, it is that AA meetings are not uniform. I did go to meetings in a big city, women only ones which were hugely popular, room was packed & people were standing & wedged in every corner & windowsill so the time & subject restrictions were probably very necessary.
Off but also On topic: Has anyone watched the tv show THE DRY? Set in Dublin (It's very triggery so be warned but pretty funny too). The protagonist goes to a meeting on the posher side of the city & it's all middle class folk sharing yummy cakes etc, then she goes to the other side & has a more gritty experience & meets the most terrifyingly straight talking sponsor. Posh one made me think of JMs fabrications about her (imaginary) meetings with fish & chips & hugs & jolly niceness all round x

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’ve eaten a lot of good food in my time, even been to a few 3 Michelin starred restaurants 🔺, and I can honestly say none of it has ever done anything to my ovaries. Am I doing it wrong? AM I EATING WRONG?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.