Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, just for you dear heart @HotesTilaire and thank(space)you for all that you do.
What a MASSIVE (bullshitting) twit she is. These are worse than I remembered 😂
Mother of God if I’d read that in real time I’d have figured out what a billy bullshitter she is a whole 4 months earlier! How can she possibly expect people to think that happened (but of course the stans would have lapped it up…)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
🎵Your own personal Jesus demon 🎵

(Mine too in fairness) Boak. MCM isn’t making this up in a fuge state.

She's such a bleep though. Who talks like that? I laugh reacted as I'm having a great day, even though I need to double my vaping to stave off the anger that is now heaving, boiling and escaping from my pixie-esque head.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Mother of God if I’d read that in real time I’d have figured out what a billy bullshitter she is a whole 4 months earlier! How can she possibly expect people to think that happened (but of course the stans would have lapped it up…)
Actually that did cause a stir of squigs calling it out and tagging the Met Police demanding immediate investigation (in fairness this was one time where the Met was the relevant force). Unfortunately for Jack, other people have been visitors to Parliament (or The Big House, as she calls it. Which means prison to the rest of the UK but whatever) she had to admit she did have some ID and her name was on a list, because nobody bought it. Perhaps too soon after Sarah Everard’s murder or summat, people are a bit wobbly about law abiding popo

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
While she’s quiet and as it’s almost Halloween BOO! 👻 (I guess?), I thought we might like to revisit one of her greatest hits
And here’s some vintage Jack right before flouncing off Twitter because: Trolling
In 2015 it’s all a bit Westlife perched on stools singing a bad cover of Abba “I have a Dream”
View attachment 1624086

In 2018: #BeKind (and you should have kissed my arse instead of lurking)
View attachment 1624087

And as for the far less zen 2022 great flounce of the roasties? Deleted it, mate.
Brilliant, I once overheard a right fuddy duddy do this on the phone but they went straight into the phonetic alphabet

"mike oscar november romeo oscar echo"
(long pause)
"yeah monroe"

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She's such a bleep though. Who talks like that? I laugh reacted as I'm having a great day, even though I need to double my vaping to stave off the anger that is now heaving, boiling and escaping from my pixie-esque head.
Maybe take your frog hat off?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Someone on TikTok has tried one of Jack's recipes

Its's tit

'Entirely average' 😂
And that is being generous I bet. And she had to add salt and cheese to make it barely palatable.

I was just thinking about fierce campaigner Jack. Up for awards because of it. Yet scuttled off Twitter and in a sulk because people laughed at potatoes. Honestly if I had a burning conviction my presence on SM would help even one person there is no way I would be driven off by minor insults.
And what did she pop back to do? Post vital helpful info in these awful times? Signpost people to organisations?
No. She made attempts to protect her 'brand' against a person with about 150 followers.
Utterly pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I've just been catching up on the parody account over there. Some of it is properly funny, but equally amusing is the disdain and irreverence being shown towards the self important FMs. It just shows how little power they have out in the wider world.

This exchange had me cackling like a demented grandma. :ROFLMAO:

Bootstrap parody.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 167
This was even worse than I imagined. Not only does she sound terrible, but she was talking absolute bollocks. Burgers become bolognaise become goulash become chili become soup? At some point it's going to run out. By the end of that food chain the chili would be a few sad overcooked veggies and a scrap of meat floating around in water.

Also wondering if she was trying to steal Prue Leith's thunder by threatening to do recipes for meals on toast....
Nonono, that's the Magic Pumble Pot, it never runs out!! 😁😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It really is amazing to think a few months ago any seeming lone voice about Jack on twitter was leapt on by here as a hopeful sign. As an eg something like 'a certain poverty chef seems very complacent'. It literally could've been as vague and random as that.
Compare and contrast to now.
I was thinking about that earlier. Those times in 2015 and 2018 she flounced off Twitter forever because ‘Trolls and relentless abuse’, she got multiple articles in the national press and a mountain of blue tick love.

This time? IIRC, a lone Pink News article (that they deleted, right?). Even Ol Lurchio has gone to ground.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
[[QUOTE="Jelly Bean, post: 12018155, member: 3841"
No. She made attempts to protect her 'brand' against a person with about 150 followers.
Utterly pathetic.
[/QUOTE]

She made attempts to protect her money stream to hell with the brand

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
@SmolWarrior your avatar😂
I just watched the GameStop thing on Netflix and someone used the term “meme warfare” which is brilliant, and just what is happening to Jack. Anything she does is just met with memes about dire potatoes, rinsed hoops or mad food combos. And she can’t deal with it. A young person would make their own laugh-along memes, change their background to potatoes etc. An older media savvy person would just ignore it. Jack can’t bear it because she has to argue with every dissenter. There’s too many of them. And she has zero sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
I just watched the GameStop thing on Netflix and someone used the term “meme warfare” which is brilliant, and just what is happening to Jack. Anything she does is just met with memes about dire potatoes, rinsed hoops or mad food combos. And she can’t deal with it. A young person would make their own laugh-along memes, change their background to potatoes etc. An older media savvy person would just ignore it. Jack can’t bear it because she has to argue with every dissenter. There’s too many of them. And she has zero sense of humour.
That is very interesting - that is exactly what is happening to her. Her only comeback is to call it 'relentless abuse'. It is really intermittent ridicule. Which to her is far worse.
Her problem is she wants people to envy her and also pity her. Her lack of conviction in her 'work' means she can't concentrate on the importance of it and ignore so called haters.
As you say if she had less of an ego she probably could handle this new turn of events and even use it in her favour.
I imagine she'll just double down by equating the ridicule to unproven stalking, death threats etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Very behind and only recently started reading again after potato gate but I am just continuing to be shook at the people who blindly follow Jack and can’t even be balanced about her. Seen a few pals this past week who still like / support her sharing memes and jokes about her pettiness - only to get replies from randoms calling them far right bullies - bearing in mind a lot of these people are Labour and Green Party activists lol

not going to name the account as it’s now defunked and the person may have been vulnerable, but a few years ago an account was popular in similar twitter circles. I think this person and Jack actually were mutual and interacted. The person was not a celeb and gained a following organically. There was always a drama with them and they always ended up deactivating and suicide baiting. Anyway it turned out they weee a prolific abuser and pervert of women they followed and as such were hounded off twitter for good reason. Whilst this drama unfolded - their crazed supporters acted like it was a right wing Tory lie and were fawning over themand their welfare in similar fashion to the squigs about Jack. Such a weird mentality

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
That is very interesting - that is exactly what is happening to her. Her only comeback is to call it 'relentless abuse'. It is really intermittent ridicule. Which to her is far worse.
Her problem is she wants people to envy her and also pity her. Her lack of conviction in her 'work' means she can't concentrate on the importance of it and ignore so called haters.
As you say if she had less of an ego she probably could handle this new turn of events and even use it in her favour.
I imagine she'll just double down by equating the ridicule to unproven stalking, death threats etc.
I think the context in the show was a TV presenter, in his 50’s (expert/tv pundit) was “getting owned” he was kind of unsure what to do about memes of his head on a cartoon character and stuff, coz it made no sense to him. The kids of the internet didn’t need his old fashioned punditry.
It was only a tiny part of the film but it struck me (as a #1978truther) Jack has the same problem!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh tit, GameStop as in a documentary about Tiffany? I'm gonna have to get Netflix again, she's another beggy twit who can't live without attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh tit, GameStop as in a documentary about Tiffany? I'm gonna have to get Netflix again, she's another beggy twit who can't live without attention.
GameStop is a store in USA which sells used computer games. The stock market went mad through a short selling squeeze because a load of kids on Reddit started a run on shares? IDK it made sense when they explained it.

Reactions: 25
GameStop is a store in USA which sells used computer games. The stock market went mad through a short selling squeeze because a load of kids on Reddit started a run on shares? IDK it made sense when they explained it.
OHHHH I'M DUMB, I was thinking of the "it's ma'am" lady who made herself a walking meme in a GameStop and still thrives on attention from it 🤣 I should go to bed.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I can’t sleep again, so watching old Greys Anatomy to help me nod off. Y’all, it didn’t bloody help! Happened upon an episode from a decade or more ago about a woman with Munchausen's. First time I’ve seen the ep since being on Tattle and I scared the fluff monkey shouting at the telly “THAT’S WHAT JACK HAS!” 🫣

So, was talking to my Dad earlier. He had some news. 18 months after my Mum passed, he has a gf. All grand, no bother. But I’m the first person (eldest child, he’s telling no one else) that he’s spoke to about it so was all giddy and excited, lovely. But ya know.. when you’re like “duck me, I need to change the convo 🤢”.

I ended up in meticulous detail explaining the Jackoverse in full. He either thinks I’ve lost the fecking plot, or I’m absolutely super duper excited about his gf and just exchanging weekly gossip.

Makes you think. Soz for me railing but it’s 3am and I needed to say it out loud. Send Xanaxo’s
🤪

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.