Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'very, very carefully, using a spatula, remove the pancake and turn it over' 😂
Or in normal parlance, not to meet some word count criteria and trying to appear cheffy - 'turn it over'.
All I'm getting from the "very, very carefully" is that she is well aware this can easily turn into a mushy mess. Culinary genius that she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I’m happy to give it a go , if a more experienced Frau/The entire F+D thread are happy to give me some tips - as far as I can remember, it’s thread asking for categories then voting then final award webpage? Although if I do it, I can not promise there will be a crossword because I think you will find I won bragging rights last year for being fastest completer and the temptation to protect them by refusing any challengers may prove too tempting 😎
I think a lot of the categories are established but there is room for more - so much chaos this year.

Reactions: 23
‘I often get readers asking what they should do with a courgette and being a polite girl, I’m inclined to give an answer of the culinary variety.’

Really? You wrote that down? In a cookbook? 🤮🤮🤮🤮
She thinks she's being edgy, just like when she jokes about masterbation during her 'talks'. She needs to look up the word inappropriate before opening her gob, or her keyboard.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I still can't get over the state of the knives, are they meant to look like that? I have one TK Maxx Sabatier and it's clean because... I wash it?
At least one of the knives isn't stainless steel, it's carbon steel. Holds an edge really well, but needs more care than stainless steel if it isn't to turn into a rusty mess. No, they're not supposed to look like that but Jack doesn't value or look after her possessions.

• Angry
Reactions: 41
If we're doing the Sloppies this year, can we cancel the squig of the year category or whatever it was called?

A lot of the high-profile Jack haters are clearly on here, whether as posters or lurkers, so it feels weird.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
If we're doing the Sloppies this year, can we cancel the squig of the year category or whatever it was called?

A lot of the high-profile Jack haters are clearly on here, whether as posters or lurkers, so it feels weird.
I agree with this.

• Wow
Reactions: 32
I think the only category that won't be absolutely stacked is Slop of The Year as she's thankfully hardly cooked anything.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 81
At least one of the knives isn't stainless steel, it's carbon steel. Holds an edge really well, but needs more care than stainless steel if it isn't to turn into a rusty mess. No, they're not supposed to look like that but Jack doesn't value or look after her possessions.
Good to know, hadn't heard of those before! Think I'll stick to regular knives tbh

Reactions: 16
Almost as important, people are treating the flying morons with the contempt they deserve which tends to send them packing. Take note, anyone who ever finds themselves under attack. They absolutely cannot handle anyone laughing at them. Just like Mumma Jack.
Laughter and mockery are absolutely the way to diffuse a flying monkey attack. They eventually self-combust through frustration and undirected rage. Very entertaining.
Have a good day mendacious ninnies-I’m off to work for 100 hours because I’m a bloody hero.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

Can it just automatically go to Tom Potatoes?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
OH had a rare moment of wisdom this morning as we chased the kids out of the house for school: "Jack Monroe doesn't want to solve poverty, or anyone else to solve poverty, or else she's got no income stream"

Jesus. When you think of it like that....... explains the crying and wailing, grifying and self serving but lack of actual tangible action or signposting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Flying monkey round up

Can never get over them crying it's bullying and abuse whilst saying things 100x worse. I really think some of them get a sadistic thrill out of belittling people they deem deserving of the abuse.

Twitter is the place where critical thinking goes to die.
All they are doing is driving traffic
Jack Monroe
@bootstrap_cook

Parody cook. Former NatWest bank user, fire risk etc. Now accidental grifter, hoop rinser, influencer, TV celeb. Leave my mum’s spuds alone.
🥔
#bootstrapcook
Joined September 2022
4 Following
1,352 Followers
followers up ⬆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
We were watching Stanley Tucci last night. Still waiting for my recipes from Venice in Italian 😂

Also courgettes are extremely versatile and there’s lots you can do with them. If you can’t make a decent recipe from them you really are tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
OH had a rare moment of wisdom this morning as we chased the kids out of the house for school: "Jack Monroe doesn't want to solve poverty, or anyone else to solve poverty, or else she's got no income stream"

Jesus. When you think of it like that....... explains the crying and wailing, grifying and self serving but lack of actual tangible action or signposting.
Made me think of this
Screenshot_20221004-093741_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
‘I often get readers asking what they should do with a courgette and being a polite girl, I’m inclined to give an answer of the culinary variety.’

Really? You wrote that down? In a cookbook? 🤮🤮🤮🤮
Well she wrote an entire recipe for a prune smoothie with an intro that implied it’d make you tit yourself, so a bit of veg wanking seems on-brand for her.

Also, remember the days where she tried to go all Nigella with the sexy food names. Come to Bed Carbonara. Boak.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.