Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part of me wishes I was ballsy enough to try something like that. I mean, easy money with very little chance of any scrutiny. You can see why it's tempting.
I've noticed this trend on the left (im left myself) Links to a tip jar or a donate button for the vague performance of their alleged values. I find it very unsavoury. 'If you'd like to help a disabled woc please throw a few pence in'. How bout duck off. You have no idea who anyone really is online. Give to an accountable campaign or registered charity instead.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
You squeeze the liquid from a courgette before adding 250ml - TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLILITRES - of water to 125g of gram flour? And that’s published? Cheek of it. This, after everything, this right here might be my aneurism.
Danger, possibility of flavour! Cunningly averted. (If it falls apart, just add some flour)

I just asked Twitter to close her account as it goes against her fr

Au reservoir

Why did it put two of my replies together?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I've been caught out by this too. Box does not delete unposted posts you left, you have make sure to re-delete the "saved" stuff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
No wonder it didn't taste of anything!! At least the courgette water had flavour before or was discarded, without fear nor favour!

Also, that is such a basic ingredient list! Why not sprinkle a bit of sumac on it or something? Put some flavour in! Gah, she's a misery masticator.
  1. Exactly: flavour and whatever nutrients a courgette has. I make veggie pakora things but as fritters because I’ve never got my head around deep frying. I do it by eye with whatever grated or julienned veg I have, add gram flour to bind, salt and whatever INTERCHANGEABLE spices you fancy. Let it sit for a bit, if it seems a bit dry I’ll add a bit of water, but you can almost guarantee this won’t be needed if you use a wet veg like courgette. When I fry it, if I’ve used a too much fluid it’ll be a bit puddeny and really not great. Dread to think what that poor tick tok person was putting in her gob. Calling it a pancake instead of a fritter or pakora excuses nothing. Grim.

Reactions: 27

Well lads, she’s truly fucked it hasn’t she? Painted herself into a corner with under roasted potatoes and narcissism. I’m convinced there’s no way back for her now, once you’re a laughing stock it’s over.
Yep, who’d a thought it. Hoisted by her own potato.
The Fall of Monroe: Potatoes edition 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Something tells me this book in Jan is going to tank.

1: is just after christmas, so people will be skint.
2: the cost of living crisis, people are not going to choose between a 'tit tip" book and eating or heating.
3: it looks like its full of nonsense.
4: Her fanbase( the ones who actually know who she is) has dwindled.

In all honesty it seems like a waste of ink and paper.
Fire up the pulping machine!

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Haha
On the subject of Honk, I listened about 15 seconds of the interview and it's genuinely worrying. I'm hearing not only blockage, but echo. Maybe that's just something tech with the microphone- maybe it's a nasal/palate breakthrough injury. Shithead that she is, this possibility makes me sad.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I've noticed this trend on the left (im left myself) Links to a tip jar or a donate button for the vague performance of their alleged values. I find it very unsavoury. 'If you'd like to help a disabled woc please throw a few pence in'. How bout duck off. You have no idea who anyone really is online. Give to an accountable campaign or registered charity instead.
Sorry to quote myself like a little strap-on but to illustrate this I was once dragged everywhere on twitter for rejecting the sex work is work dogma and instructed to 'listen to sex workers'. One of the accounts they demanded i follow turned out to be the pimp who'd trafficked her pretending to be her 🤮 you simply don't know if someone's playing a character. But im preaching to the converted here cos you've all seen thru Jacks little panto of course.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Are you ninnies familiar with Lucia (EF Benson), of the Mapp and Lucia books? She's always struck me as a Poundland Lucia, trying so hard to be something she's not and never will be. At least Lucia knew how to manage detractors.😁
Would love her take on Lobster a la Riseholme….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.